2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got the call! hoping for you guys to get the same!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
did you get the email a few hours ago about decisions maybe coming next week before the call?
Yes. I got it right at 1344. Phonecall came at 1415.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody that interviewed on 9/15 or before still not hear back about a decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I added them on AACOMAS last week, how long does it take to get a secondary ?

Hey I added them on AACOMAS last week, how long does it take to get a secondary ?
It was pretty quick. I submitted it mid-July (I can't find the exact date) and received the secondary Jul 21. Submitted secondary Aug 9, II came Sep 1. Interviewed Sep 7. Accepted as of Sep 23.

They don’t send out anything since their committee met right? My cohorts meeting was today and subsequent decisions go out this Friday

They don’t send out anything since their committee met right? My cohorts meeting was today and subsequent decisions go out this Friday
I think they said they were going to meet 9/21 for my interview cohort. First decisions went out Friday and Monday after that. So, you probably have two or four days before you hear anything.

I think they said they were going to meet 9/21 for my interview cohort. First decisions went out Friday and Monday after that. So, you probably have two or four days before you hear anything.
where are you seeing decisions Monday? I only see Fri!

where are you seeing decisions Monday? I only see Fri!
That's just what they had mentioned in an email they sent. It's possible that all decisions go out Friday. Here's to Friday, then!

I'm not sure if this is TOP SECRET information or not, but I was talking to one of the students from RVU-SU the other day. Apparently, they're going to send a couple of them to MCOM to TA the anatomy lab and to be "psuedo-upperclassmen" so that we have somebody to ask questions to. Apparently.

I'm not sure if this is TOP SECRET information or not, but I was talking to one of the students from RVU-SU the other day. Apparently, they're going to send a couple of them to MCOM to TA the anatomy lab and to be "psuedo-upperclassmen" so that we have somebody to ask questions to. Apparently.
Haha it’s not top secret, they mentioned this in my interview day and some of the people who didn’t match will do a fellowship year at MCOM

Just got the call! Interviewed 9/22

Just got the call I’ve been accepted!! Interviewed on 9/22

What should I do if I got an interview but on my application I accidentally messed up and said my internship end date was November 2022 instead of 2021. Any advice is great advice. Thx.

What should I do if I got an interview but on my application I accidentally messed up and said my internship end date was November 2022 instead of 2021. Any advice is great advice. Thx.
Don't mention it. Just explain if get asked in the interview

Just in case anybody that got an acceptance hasn't posted here yet, if you get in, please shoot me a message and I'll add you to the Discord.

you found any answers for this question?

From the interview, they said the goal is to have all rotations within 1h drive of where we get assigned. Area assignments would be made through lottery. They claimed to have already 500 clinical rotations available in montana and said we would have access to Utah's and Colorado's rotation sites too if we wanted something really urban.

They seem to have the full support of intermountain healthcare because they're building a massive multispecialty clinic about 100 feet from the school.

Attachments

• 20221013_151848.jpg
    20221013_151848.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 151
From the interview, they said the goal is to have all rotations within 1h drive of where we get assigned. Area assignments would be made through lottery. They claimed to have already 500 clinical rotations available in montana and said we would have access to Utah's and Colorado's rotation sites too if we wanted something really urban.

They seem to have the full support of intermountain healthcare because they're building a massive multispecialty clinic about 100 feet from the school.
500 clinical rotations in Montana? Not trying to discredit what they said but that seems like a stretch. And they're gonna have to share rotations with an additional 125 students per class because of the new Touro Great Falls med school. Also the WWAMI students. There will be a total of ~440 med students finding places to rotate in a couple of years (MCOM = 160, Touro = 250, WWAMI = 60). I just don't see how a majority of students won't end up having to go out of state, but that might not be a big deal for students but idk.

500 clinical rotations in Montana? Not trying to discredit what they said but that seems like a stretch. And they're gonna have to share rotations with an additional 125 students per class because of the new Touro Great Falls med school. Also the WWAMI students. There will be a total of ~440 med students finding places to rotate in a couple of years (MCOM = 160, Touro = 250, WWAMI = 60). I just don't see how a majority of students won't end up having to go out of state, but that might not be a big deal for students but idk.

Attachments

• PXL_20221021_223942017.jpg
    PXL_20221021_223942017.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 162
If anybody wants my pics from the tour today:

Wow, if that holds up then that’s a good start. Still think additional residency programs should’ve been made in MT before med schools, that’s how you really get more physicians to serve in MT in my opinion.

I wonder if this and the great falls school will be able to have as successful starts to their programs as ICOM has.

Wow, if that holds up then that’s a good start. Still think additional residency programs should’ve been made in MT before med schools, that’s how you really get more physicians to serve in MT in my opinion.

I wonder if this and the great falls school will be able to have as successful starts to their programs as ICOM has.
Not matriculating here but might be at a newer school but ICOM's match rate really did prove that newer schools shouldn't be slept on

There is not nearly the support from the hospital systems for the Touro school as there is for mcom, per certain executives i have spoken to. They see the great falls school as excessive. It's also not very far along. I don't think they've even come close to breaking ground.

Also, per Dr. Park and Dr. Lee, their plans are to push for 50% increase in residency slots in MT over the next few years. The governor is heavily involved in MCOMs development and it sounds like more money may flow towards residency programs.

Of course, these are all plans that MCOM purports, but i have a lot of faith in Dr. Park.

Hi! New to the forum!
I completed my secondary on 9/22
Received an invite 10/1 (a Saturday)
The earliest interview slot is 11/3
Fingers crossed

when i interviewed back in september they told us the admissions committee meets every two weeks. if they’ve held the same pulsing since then, you’d likely hear back around the 18th after the 11/9 meeting. best of luck!

Last edited:
when i interviewed back in september they told us the admissions committee meets every two weeks. if they’ve held the same pulsing since then, you’d likely heard back around the 18th after the 11/9 meeting. best of luck!
Thank you:)

Does anyone have any information on MCOM tuition prices and financial aid? I haven’t been able to find anything on the website specific to the Montana campus.