2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok. I'll admit, I've been pretty negative on poor Billings. Here's some cool stuff:

I went rock climbing about an hour and a half from here at natural bridge.

Hopefully I can get some of you exited to come explore Montana.

Wait this is real deal rock climbing. Am I the only one who was picturing fake rock climbing haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it typically take to receive a complete email?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just came through today. It was in my promotions folder in Gmail, so you may have to scour for it.

To those who got interview invites, and if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondaries, and what are your stats? @BakedPotatoe + @pacopollo + @hungrydragon and anyone else. I have submitted mine like Late July-Early August and I have still not heard of anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who did get interviews, good luck you got this. Also let us know how it goes and what they ask for?

To those who got interview invites, and if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your secondaries, and what are your stats? @BakedPotatoe + @pacopollo + @hungrydragon and anyone else. I have submitted mine like Late July-Early August and I have still not heard of anything yet.
Secondary received Jul 21, submitted Aug 9.
514/g3.86/s3.81
I live in Billings, so I may have that going for me too.

To those who did get interviews, good luck you got this. Also let us know how it goes and what they ask for?
I was very impressed with their interview. The interview itself was very conversational and low-pressure. The dean was awesome and Seems to have a track record of success in medical and graduate medical education. He’s made himself an all-star team of faculty that are all stoked to make “Montana’s Medical School.” He answered every possible question or doubt I could have had about the college. They have moved far up my list. The idea of being part of an inaugural class is exciting. LMK if you have specific questions. I’m happy to share my notes. But for most things, I really recommend you reach out to their admission’s team. They’re awesome.

Reactions: 1 users
I was very impressed with their interview. The interview itself was very conversational and low-pressure. The dean was awesome and Seems to have a track record of success in medical and graduate medical education. He’s made himself an all-star team of faculty that are all stoked to make “Montana’s Medical School.” He answered every possible question or doubt I could have had about the college. They have moved far up my list. The idea of being part of an inaugural class is exciting. LMK if you have specific questions. I’m happy to share my notes. But for most things, I really recommend you reach out to their admission’s team. They’re awesome.
Yeah I will definitely reach out to them. I have tried getting in touch but I am a little nervous I don't know why lol.

II! pretty jazzed, it’s my first one of the cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
So I randomly checked my portal and it says “interview with MCOM” and I chose 9/20 so check your portals!! II!!

Reactions: 2 users
@drthedude How do you check if you get a interview invite on the portal because when I click the more button, it shows MCOM post interview but I haven’t interview or receive an invite ?

@drthedude How do you check if you get a interview invite on the portal because when I click the more button, it shows MCOM post interview but I haven’t interview or receive an invite ?
So for me mine was smack dab in the middle of the Home Screen on the portal!

I also used the choose.rvu.edu site

I also used the choose.rvu.edu site
I see, that’s weird because I don’t see any interview invite option but there’s a MCOM post-interview option for me under the “more” section on the portal. I guess I have to wait till next week to find out! Thanks !

I see, that’s weird because I don’t see any interview invite option but there’s a MCOM post-interview option for me under the “more” section on the portal. I guess I have to wait till next week to find out! Thanks !
I would try emailing their admissions? They’re very very kind!!

Yes, I will do that! Would you also be able to dm me? Thank you so much and congratulations on your interview here! You are doing amazing!

Does the colorado (RVCOM) look at your Montana (MCOM) secondary response or does each school look at their own?

Last edited:
Is there a way to check which campus is which? Also where exactly is the "More" button on the home page? If I recall, I remember seeing the "More" button next to the Financial Aid button only when the secondary application became available. Is it only available if you are deemed "complete" or am I just missing something? Much is appreciated.

Is there a way to check which campus is which? Also where exactly is the "More" button on the home page? If I recall, I remember seeing the "More" button next to the Financial Aid button only when the secondary application became available. Is it only available if you are deemed "complete" or am I just missing something? Much is appreciated.
mine said MCOM

shot you a DM!

Just interviewed! Very conversational but also some very very challenging questions that were presented, hoping for an A!

pretty sure admissions meets tomorrow! fingers crossed for everyone who interviewed!

pretty sure admissions meets tomorrow! fingers crossed for everyone who interviewed!
when was your interview? Our cohort today was told October 5th they would meet!

when was your interview? Our cohort today was told October 5th they would meet!

a week ago wednesday, so probably down to interview timing! they said about every two weeks so that would track

Does anyone know how often they send out interviews? Days? How many people and when they make decisions? Sorry for so many questions. I am just waiting and haven't heard anything. I have spoken to adcom a while back but I tried calling everyday about updates and emails and have not heard since. I know it's a new school, so ofcourse data isn't out there but yah. Anything on it yet?

I know I’ve posted several times now about rock climbing, but I went again yesterday. Here’s to drumming up excitement for Montana. This was in Cody, WY, about 2 hours away from Billings. I am pointing to the place where the second picture is taken at that little nub.
370A7A16-7FB2-49E9-83AB-F75264DDCEF0.jpeg
FE82379A-671C-48F5-9341-69E50F61DF03.jpeg

I have this crazy idea that, if I get into MCOM, I’ll start a club called “Rock Climbing and Medicine” or “Adventures in Medicine” or something. And all we do is go on adventures and maybe practice some wilderness medicine stuff? IDK.

Reactions: 3 users
I know I’ve posted several times now about rock climbing, but I went again yesterday. Here’s to drumming up excitement for Montana. This was in Cody, WY, about 2 hours away from Billings. I am pointing to the place where the second picture is taken at that little nub.View attachment 359863View attachment 359864
I have this crazy idea that, if I get into MCOM, I’ll start a club called “Rock Climbing and Medicine” or “Adventures in Medicine” or something. And all we do is go on adventures and maybe practice some wilderness medicine stuff? IDK.
sweet

So one piece of info I wanna drop from my interview day which is VERY enticing is that this school will be Pass/Fail 👀

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the phonecall guys. Literally in tears. Two years of applications and here we are. I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the phonecall guys. Literally in tears. Two years of applications and here we are. I'm going to be a doctor!

did you get the email a few hours ago about decisions maybe coming next week before the call?

Just got the acceptance call! Good luck everyone get that A