2022-2023 South Carolina, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A just now!!! IS, reapplicant!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today!! I feel like I'm in a hallucination. Can't believe this is happening

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the A yesterday. Congrats to everyone who received good news yesterday. And wishing everyone else the very best throughout the rest of the cycle. I hope you get great news soon.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I received an email saying my app is under "active consideration". Is this the same as the waitlist? If not, when will I hear any updates with acceptances/rejections??

FWIW, LM = 68.10, Interview went well too. Hopefully I hear back soon; this is my first cycle so I'm not too sure when they communicate with you.

From my experience, being under active consideration is being on the unofficial waitlist before the official waitlist is formed in April. There is a possibility that you could get an A before the official waitlist is created

Reactions: 1 user
Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?

Can anyone who has interviewed provide some insight as to how the interview went, stress level of interview, the med student Q&A panel, etc? All info they've provided seems pretty straight forward, but mine's 11/2 and I'm wanting to know as much as possible!! It'll be my first Int

Can anyone who has interviewed provide some insight as to how the interview went, stress level of interview, the med student Q&A panel, etc? All info they've provided seems pretty straight forward, but mine's 11/2 and I'm wanting to know as much as possible!! It'll be my first Int

It's very relaxed. I didn't have any questions that caught me off-guard, so I would say do not feel nervous about it. The interviewers are really nice.

It's very relaxed. I didn't have any questions that caught me off-guard, so I would say do not feel nervous about it. The interviewers are really nice.

I second this. Be familiar with your application and have some stories to reference. Otherwise, be yourself

Anyone going to the open house on November 19th?

For anyone who interviewed yesterday, 11/2... am I remembering correctly that Dr. Rhinehart said at the end of the panel that the direct acceptance decision calls would occur by this Friday, 11/4, or did I hear that wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed yesterday, 11/2... am I remembering correctly that Dr. Rhinehart said at the end of the panel that the direct acceptance decision calls would occur by this Friday, 11/4, or did I hear that wrong?

That’s what I heard!!

Got the A call around 8:45 this morning!!

Reactions: 2 users
Are the open house events the same as 2nd look? or is there some difference between them?

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for IS and OOS here? I can’t seem to find it…

per MSAR from last year, roughly 125 OOS offered interviews out of over 3000. Of that, usually around 20-25 accepted. Total MS1 class is 100

per MSAR from last year, roughly 125 OOS offered interviews out of over 3000. Of that, usually around 20-25 accepted. Total MS1 class is 100
Thank you for the help. I see it says that roughly 20-25 students matriculate, but I was more wondering how many are accepted. Thank you!

For anyone that interviewed November 16th, how are we feeling?

How many people are in each interview if you don’t mind me asking? My interview is in February, so just curious

How many people are in each interview if you don’t mind me asking? My interview is in February, so just curious
I think my interview had like 18-20 students + the 5 medical students for the q&a panel

Anyone know how many students they put on hold? Do people move off hold or is it basically just waiting until the waitlist is made in the spring? Thanks in advance!

To my knowledge, if you are put on hold, you will not be accepted from that. You will only be put on the waitlist in the spring, and from there you can be accepted!

Just got put on hold as well, interviewed yesterday. Man that hurts :(

Last edited:
Just got the A call, my first acceptance!! :)
For reference, I got my II 8/9 and interviewed yesterday 11/30 (that was the earliest interview date they had available at the time I scheduled it). They told us that they would be sending out decisions by Friday 12/2 (acceptance call or email saying "under active consideration" or "not under active consideration).
I'm technically OOS but living and working in SC since Jul 2022. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone accepted off hold yet?

Any luck with letters of interest or anything? I have been complete since July, not sure if I should send something.

Received "not accepted but still under active consideration" email.

Received “we regret to inform you that they have decided not to offer you a position in the August 2023 entering class.we regret to inform you that they have decided not to offer you a position in the August 2023 entering class.” Does this mean I am still under active consideration but not accepted at this time or totally rejected?

Received “we regret to inform you that they have decided not to offer you a position in the August 2023 entering class.we regret to inform you that they have decided not to offer you a position in the August 2023 entering class.” Does this mean I am still under active consideration but not accepted at this time or totally rejected?
Totally rejected I believe

Received "not accepted but still under active consideration" email.

Has anyone else gotten this? I am on the waitlist and I didn’t get anything like this… hmmm

Has anyone that has been accepted heard back sooner than the date they told you ud hear by? Ive seen a lot of people on here get the A the day after they interviewed!

Hi everyone - I'll be attending the open house on April 7th because I plan on attending USC in the fall. Can anyone tell me how their open house day went? Was there any information given about connecting with other prospective students so that we can start looking for roommates, housing, etc.?

Has anyone that has been accepted heard back sooner than the date they told you ud hear by? Ive seen a lot of people on here get the A the day after they interviewed!
I interviewed on 11/30 and they said we'd hear back in a couple days, but I ended up hearing back on 12/1. Good luck!

Does USC care if we attend the open house or not for us waitlisted applicants? I am OOS, so I am trying to determine if it would be a smart idea to go to the open house?

Does anyone know when the decisions for people that are still under active consideration will be released?

Is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students?

Is there a groupme or facebook group for accepted students?
There is gonna be a Facebook group open in May for the Class of 2027 but nothing is out now as far as I know. Updated info can be found on the new student information page, but I wish we had something now. I’m getting antsy lol