2022-2023 South Carolina, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know when the waitlist is coming out?

Members don't see this ad.

At the open house, they said anyone who is under active consideration will be moved to waitlist in the next week (or two) .

Members don't see this ad :)
lol why do they say this:

At this time, the Admissions Committee has selected 100 new students for the Fall 2023 entering class at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia. All candidates who have been offered positions have accepted them.

Obviously their yield rate is not 100% (I personally know someone offered a position who didn't accept it).

lol why do they say this:

At this time, the Admissions Committee has selected 100 new students for the Fall 2023 entering class at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia. All candidates who have been offered positions have accepted them.

Obviously their yield rate is not 100% (I personally know someone offered a position who didn't accept it).
I’m guessing that they have 100 people that have “accepted” their position but I’m guessing they have also accepted positions multiple places at this point. I’m thinking that some will eventually choose to go somewhere else and then they’ll dig into the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my waitlist status! OOS, upper tier! Hoping this is good news

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on here with an A know they are withdrawing their app and going to another school?? Curious for those of us on the WL :)

Just got the A off the waitlist! IS 3.57 GPA 509 MCAT ORM LM 65

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Have any OOS people been accepted of the waitlist?

I hate to be this guy but...stats?? IS/OOS? :rofl: Would be helpful for those of us applying this upcoming cycle

also- i would recommend changing your username if it's your IRL name just for anonymity
I tried to but it won't let me change my name until May 15th for some reason

I blacked out during the call so if anyone else who got in remembers what they said and wants to share that would be great 😅😅

I got the call I’ve been waiting 2 cycles for today at 3:07pm! Ugly cried the minute I answered the call (sorry Dr. Rhinehart)! OOS top tier! I’m so excited to meet you all in July :) !

Reactions: 1 users
There is gonna be a Facebook group open in May for the Class of 2027 but nothing is out now as far as I know. Updated info can be found on the new student information page, but I wish we had something now. I’m getting antsy lol
Also wondering about this. Would be nice to see how many potential WL acceptance spots there are left!!

Also wondering about this. Would be nice to see how many potential WL acceptance spots there are left!!

I found a FB class of 2027 page for USC Columbia it has 53 members. Im WL so im unsure if its the official one but it looks like it is

I found a FB class of 2027 page for USC Columbia it has 53 members. Im WL so im unsure if its the official one but it looks like it is
Wow. I just looked as well. I'm IS lower tier so, fingers crossed. This is hopefully assuring, but don't wanna get my hopes up

Does anyone know if there is a difference between OOS and IS waitlist? I am OOS upper-tier and am not sure if applicants get pooled together once on the waitlist or not. Hoping for my A!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a difference between OOS and IS waitlist? I am OOS top-tier and am not sure if applicants get pooled together once on the waitlist or not. Hoping for my A!
I would assume so, since someone today said they got the A and were IS middle tier. Not certain tho

Wow. I just looked as well. I'm IS lower tier so, fingers crossed. This is hopefully assuring, but don't wanna get my hopes up
Hey I just want you guys to have accurate info, im in the FB group. It’s official, about 5 members are current students who created the group so it’s like 50 of us that make up the class so far. Obviously some people may not use FB and are still accepted. You have to send proof of acceptance to be in the group, hope that’s helpful and good luck to all!!

Holy…. Just got accepted OOS, upper tier. I’m in shock

Reactions: 7 users
Is there a group chat for accepted students?