2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't have personal experience, but I wouldn't risk it. Requirements are meant to be requirements, not suggestions.
do you think they check? one of my essays also came out 20 words longer. the others are less than 500 but theyre definitely not half a page as the manual says

Members don't see this ad.

do you think they check? one of my essays also came out 20 words longer. the others are less than 500 but theyre definitely not half a page as the manual says
I ended up shortening it down to 498 words lol I just didn't want to risk it

Members don't see this ad :)
To any recipients, how long should our resume / CV be?
1651626707793.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hey y’all! I’m about to submit my application, but just to clarify with those who have also picked through the NHSC guidelines: we are not required to label each document with our name, last for digits of our ssn, and discipline? Just want to have some peace of mind before hitting that submit button 😅

Hey y’all! I’m about to submit my application, but just to clarify with those who have also picked through the NHSC guidelines: we are not required to label each document with our name, last for digits of our ssn, and discipline? Just want to have some peace of mind before hitting that submit button 😅
Omg i was thinking about this last night LOL

• Haha
Hello everyone! So I am in the process of checking my application before I submit and I had a quick question. For the authorization to release form did you guys write your SSN? I saw on their presentation that it was needed but it doesn't have a space on the form and it doesn't say anything in the application guidance about an SSN for this section. Thanks

Hello everyone! So I am in the process of checking my application before I submit and I had a quick question. For the authorization to release form did you guys write your SSN? I saw on their presentation that it was needed but it doesn't have a space on the form and it doesn't say anything in the application guidance about an SSN for this section. Thanks
I didnt put my SSN on that document, only on the verification form

i just put my name, discipline, and SSN on everything just in case haha

Hi everyone, I am a reapplicant who did not get the award last year and wanted to know if anyone else is reapplying and knows about the chances of getting the scholarship as a reapplicant. Are my chances less since I am now only eligible for the 3 year award?
Best of luck to everyone!

For the number of years you want funding, can you just put 2 years if you are a first time applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
Crap. My verification of good standing form was filled & signed digitally instead of printed, filled, and scanned. Too close to the deadline to find the registrar and re-do ... will my app be dismissed immediately?

Crap. My verification of good standing form was filled & signed digitally instead of printed, filled, and scanned. Too close to the deadline to find the registrar and re-do ... will my app be dismissed immediately?
does it say we have to do this specifically?

I think we should be fine.
As long as the signature is there and everything is clear.

I thought the only one that needed a physical signature was the authorization to release form. My verification is also digitally signed.

I thought the only one that needed a physical signature was the authorization to release form. My verification is also digitally signed.
I didn't know, this is what I saw on the portal. BUT just called the customer service line and they said it should? be okay...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 11.56.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 11.56.03 AM.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 127
I didn't know, this is what I saw on the portal. BUT just called the customer service line and they said it should? be okay...
i feel like having someone print something , signing it, and uploading it is way too old school. Most schools will probably just upload a signature

did you guys add the question before your essay answer or just uploaded your response alone?

did you guys add the question before your essay answer or just uploaded your response alone?
I just put ‘Essay ____’ (1, 2, 3) at the top of each essay indicating which essay they are. But no, I didn’t add the actual question!

Reactions: 1 users
oh really? cuz i also signed my authorization form electronically. i hope it's ok!

just saw this on their webinar.
electronic signs are also acceptable
1651775493517.png

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I just saw this on the NHSC website today. Fingers crossed that this helps us all out!
Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 12.43.44 PM.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
The folks who filled out the verification of acceptance form for me said I am not in good standing, but continued to document it as because I don't matriculate until August. Does anyone else have this on theirs? and will it be a problem?

The folks who filled out the verification of acceptance form for me said I am not in good standing, but continued to document it as because I don't matriculate until August. Does anyone else have this on theirs? and will it be a problem?
did they fill out part A, Newly Accepted Students? then i think it should be ok

After submission, did we get a confirmation email that it was submitted? I submitted this morning and didn't receive an email.
i didn't get a confirmation email either but on the website it shows that you have submitted

hi all! Is there any way to check our app or sign in since the application is already closed?

On the website they said they awarded every eligible applicant last year. They also said they got more funding this year from the American Rescue Act. Good luck to everyone that applied!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
On the website they said they awarded every eligible applicant last year. They also said they got more funding this year from the American Rescue Act. Good luck to everyone that applied!
saw this!! got v excited and am hoping we all get chosen !

I noticed on the website that they also provide support for “any other reasonable education cost”, does anyone know what those may entail?

I noticed on the website that they also provide support for “any other reasonable education cost”, does anyone know what those may entail?
I have heard of people getting their loupes covered based on this since it is a required purchase.

Edit: unless this is just simply referring to the “other reasonable costs” section which could include loupes, but is mainly for things like books, health insurance (if your school requires it), etc. There should be a whole section in the guide about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Do you have a source? Because I applied last year and didn’t get it. Don’t know why I wouldn’t be eligible lol…

Hi everyone, I am a reapplicant who did not get the award last year and wanted to know if anyone else is reapplying and knows about the chances of getting the scholarship as a reapplicant. Are my chances less since I am now only eligible for the 3 year award?
Best of luck to everyone!
Me!

Does anyone know anything about the interview process? I assumed there was one, but have not found any information or forums regarding interviews since 2015. There isn’t clear instruction on further processes for finalists on the website either. Just curious in terms of interview locations, logistics, etc once finalists are chosen in the future!

Does anyone know anything about the interview process? I assumed there was one, but have not found any information or forums regarding interviews since 2015. There isn’t clear instruction on further processes for finalists on the website either. Just curious in terms of interview locations, logistics, etc once finalists are chosen in the future!
They have not done interviews for at least 10 years if not longer. I received the scholarship in 2013 and there was no interview even back then.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you have a source? Because I applied last year and didn’t get it. Don’t know why I wouldn’t be eligible lol…
My guess would be something was filled out incorrectly, or your letter writers didn’t follow exactly what they were needing to include, or a document was missing. Any of those would make you ineligible for the award.

My guess would be something was filled out incorrectly, or your letter writers didn’t follow exactly what they were needing to include, or a document was missing. Any of those would make you ineligible for the award.
i didnt get it last year either and i did not miss a document

Does anyone know how long should take to hear back if the application says "Under Review"?

i didnt get it last year either and i did not miss a document
Which means you were ineligible for another reason (if they are being honest that they awarded every eligible applicant). So a letter writer could have made a mistake and cost you the scholarship, or something out of your control.