2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I am an incoming OMS-1, please let me know if you have any questions about the application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the secondary is the same as last years?

Last edited:
Any information on the new BCOM campus opening in Florida?

Just to give a heads-up, it is optional to submit a video to Burrell and will not determine you for an interview or acceptance. Not sure if they're still doing that this year.

Anyone else here waiting on a secondary?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do they screen for secondaries?
In terms of stats, not really, but they do screen for strong mission fit. They’re looking for those that have had much experience working with underserved, Hispanic population and are within their zone in serving the southwest. It does take some time to get a secondary. I submitted first day and didn’t get one until late July while others got it sooner than me.

Reactions: 1 users
Email received today saying they received my AACOMAS application, even though I submitted a while ago! So it definitely does take a little bit to get a secondary. In the email, they stated their secondary will have an option to pick their NM or FL campus

Email received today saying they received my AACOMAS application, even though I submitted a while ago! So it definitely does take a little bit to get a secondary. In the email, they stated their secondary will have an option to pick their NM or FL campus
Got the email too! Looks like they sent secondaries very soon (the next day for some) after sending this email last year.

Secondary received 15 minutes after "we have received your application" email lol

I read in last year's thread people were saying that a video can only hurt your chances, as many were accepted without it. How can this be true lol?

Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Burrell College will offer you a seat weather you meet their requirements or not. As long as you can pay, they will offer. They are the Caribbean school of the Southwest

A friend of mine was called in at the last minute and they practically begged her to make a seat deposit

If I put "no preference" for this question, do I still have to answer it? I genuinely don't care where I go since it says that BCOM is one program; I also prefer FL more since it's closer to home but I also don't care if they put me in NM. Thoughts?

This is the question: "The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is one institution. Burrell currently has a campus in Las Cruces, New Mexico. If approved by all the appropriate entities, Burrell would also have a forthcoming Florida campus. Although preference for location is not guaranteed, offers of admission may be prioritized according to preference. Please indicate your preference for location below. If you have no preference, please select “no preference.”"

Are there only two secondary questions? Lol or am I missing something?

1) If you could strengthen one area of your application, what would it be? What have you done, or what do you plan to do, to address it and improve going forward? (300 words)

2) In the space provided, please explain the reasoning behind your selection above (question ab why you picked your preferred location)

Are there only two secondary questions? Lol or am I missing something?

1) If you could strengthen one area of your application, what would it be? What have you done, or what do you plan to do, to address it and improve going forward? (300 words)

2) In the space provided, please explain the reasoning behind your selection above (question ab why you picked your preferred location)
I had another question before these two.

“Describe an experience you’ve had or an activity you’ve participated in that aligns with the mission of BCOM” (300 words max).

“Describe an experience you’ve had or an activity you’ve participated in that aligns with the mission of BCOM” (300 words max).
wait really? lol I dont see that, is in in the "Personal Information and Campus Preference" section or where is that?

Wait I saw this question too but now when I open up my app, it's not there???

Does anyone have more information regarding the mission statement fit question? I also do not see it anywhere on the secondary.

Should we call to ask ab the secondary question? or is that sus? Lol

The question, along with my response to the question, completely vanished too. It’s possible they eliminated the question entirely since everyone seems to have the same issue.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys use up all 300 words for the "strengthen one area of your application" question? lol

For those that do get interviews here, just be prepared that it's not a guaranteed pleasant interview as other years' applicants experienced. My interview was rough.

Reactions: 3 users
What is the latest MCAT they’re willing to take? July 2021?

Hello!

This account is the official account for Student Ambassadors at the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, who work directly with the Office of Admissions. All posts are from us, current Burrell osteopathic medical students. We are here to help answer general questions. We are not able to review or offer insight into admission applications. All questions regarding applications must be directly sent to [email protected].

Cycle Information:
Resources:
We wish you the best of luck through the application process!

Reactions: 7 users
Hello!

This account is the official account for Student Ambassadors at the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, who work directly with the Office of Admissions. All posts are from us, current Burrell osteopathic medical students. We are here to help answer general questions. We are not able to review or offer insight into admission applications. All questions regarding applications must be directly sent to [email protected].

Cycle Information:
Resources:
We wish you the best of luck through the application process!
Hi! Does Burrell take the highest of my MCAT scores or do an average?