2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, did any of you receive an email from Touro saying “Welcome to the Touro University System, Your TouroOne Student Account has been created” before receiving an A phone call?

I just got this email

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, did any of you receive an email from Touro saying “Welcome to the Touro University System, Your TouroOne Student Account has been created” before receiving an A phone call?

I just got this email
I did not. I got the call first. But hoping this is a good sign for you!!

• Love
I did not. I got the call first. But hoping this is a good sign for you!!
I really hope so too my friend!! Do you remember how long after the phone call you received this email?

I’m just trying to remain cautiously optimistic until I receive the phone call lol

Members don't see this ad :)

I just got this email
Huh, I received a phone call followed by a congratulations email with the acceptance letter. Im crossing my fingers this is a sign a bday gift coming your way🤞

Huh, I received a phone call followed by a congratulations email with the acceptance letter. Im crossing my fingers this is a sign a bday gift coming your way🤞
Yeah that was my same reaction as well. I thought it would be a phone call first then the congratulations email and THEN the email I received about my Touro account being created.

Do you think I should call them? Or should I just wait?

Yeah that was my same reaction as well. I thought it would be a phone call first then the congratulations email and THEN the email I received about my Touro account being created.

Do you think I should call them? Or should I just wait?
I would call them and ask! It’s confusing and they should clear up the discrepancy for you

I would call them and ask! It’s confusing and they should clear up the discrepancy for you
You’re right, I’m going to step outside for a moment at work and call. I’ll keep you guys posted 🙏🏿

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I called Ms. McDowell (Director of Admissions) but she didn’t answer. I left a voicemail and sent her an email too. We’ll see what happens guys 🤞🏿

IMG_2779.jpeg

False alarm guys. The wait continues on..

Reactions: 1 users

I just got this email
I just got the same email now lol

During my interview on 3/4, I asked during the Q&A how full was the class up until that point and Ms. McDowell said that they had almost two-thirds of class filled.

Does anyone know if 3/18 was their final interview date?

Just got the phone call with the A!!! Looking forward meeting you all!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 3/11 just got the A!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
interviewed 3/11, just got the A! Is there a GroupMe for admitted students for this cycle?

interviewed 3/11, just got the A! Is there a GroupMe for admitted students for this cycle?
Yes there is! Shannon, the director of admissions should be reaching out soon and will add you to the group.

Any waitlist or rejection emails sent out yet from 3/4, 3/11, or 3/18? I haven't heard anything yet, getting a little discouraged

Has anyone begun searching for housing, if so what apartment complex(s) would you recommend?

I’m going to make a trip next month to start looking for an apartment.

Has anyone begun searching for housing, if so what apartment complex(s) would you recommend?

I’m going to make a trip next month to start looking for an apartment.
Based on what the current students say, Talus and Arc apartments are worth checking out. Have you received the link to join the GroupMe?

Based on what the current students say, Talus and Arc apartments are worth checking out. Have you received the link to join the GroupMe?
Aurora might be worth looking into as well. It’s across the street from campus, but it’s a new build and they are still doing construction in some new additions

Aurora might be worth looking into as well. It’s across the street from campus, but it’s a new build and they are still doing construction in some new additions
So I'm in the groupme chat and everyone has advocated AGAINST aurora haha, current students saying it was terrible. Some people signed leases only to get there and apartments weren't ready and they had to stay in hotels for a few months. It's a new complex so I guess they're sorting out their admin stuff, so maybe it might be better this year, but I would be cautious.

So I'm in the groupme chat and everyone has advocated AGAINST aurora haha, current students saying it was terrible. Some people signed leases only to get there and apartments weren't ready and they had to stay in hotels for a few months. It's a new complex so I guess they're sorting out their admin stuff, so maybe it might be better this year, but I would be cautious.
Yeah exactly that’s why I didn’t mention Aurora. Based on the GroupMe some students have had issues. Hopefully it’s been getting better though…

Yeah exactly that’s why I didn’t mention Aurora. Based on the GroupMe some students have had issues. Hopefully it’s been getting better though…
Yeah it seems pretty convenient because you can literally roll out of bed and go to class haha but Talus is only a 5 minute walk so there is that.

Yeah it seems pretty convenient because you can literally roll out of bed and go to class haha but Talus is only a 5 minute walk so there is that.
Hey, I looked at your comment history and so you have several acceptances. Congrats!!! Are you still deciding which school to attend? Is Touro-MT still one of your options to consider?

Hey, I looked at your comment history and so you have several acceptances. Congrats!!! Are you still deciding which school to attend? Is Touro-MT still one of your options to consider?
One of my top choices! I am committed to Touro’s mission of working with underserved communities. I really love what Touro stands for. Right now I’m just looking at cost of living, etc, but all other things considered I love Touro.

One of my top choices! I am committed to Touro’s mission of working with underserved communities. I really love what Touro stands for. Right now I’m just looking at cost of living, etc, but all other things considered I love Touro.
Awesome! I hope to see you this fall :)

• Love
I think someone posted on 4/2 saying they got the A and interviewed 3/18. If you haven't heard them, you're probably still under consideration. Have you reached out?
Yeah that could be it, I haven't reached out yet since it's only been 3 weeks. On the day of the interview they said they try to notify of decisions in 2-3 weeks, but sometimes it can take 4-6 weeks...

Yeah that could be it, I haven't reached out yet since it's only been 3 weeks. On the day of the interview they said they try to notify of decisions in 2-3 weeks, but sometimes it can take 4-6 weeks...
Yeah bro I agree with Who_StoleMyKelloggs, you’re definitely still in this. If it makes you feel better, I interviewed on 3/4 and didn’t receive my A phone call until 4/1 at 4 PM EST. It took nearly a month for me. You’re on the same time frame as I was. They seem to make a lot of the A calls on Thursdays based on what I’ve read on this years and last years thread. You got this.

Also you can send them a letter of intent, if this school is your top choice. I sent them one on 3/20.

Yeah bro I agree with Who_StoleMyKelloggs, you’re definitely still in this. If it makes you feel better, I interviewed on 3/4 and didn’t receive my A phone call until 4/1 at 4 PM EST. It took nearly a month for me. You’re on the same time frame as I was. They seem to make a lot of the A calls on Thursdays based on what I’ve read on this years and last years thread. You got this.

Also you can send them a letter of intent, if this school is your top choice. I sent them one on 3/20.
Oh wow thank you for this, makes me feel a lot better! Keep you all posted and hopefully will have that A

Will be withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of you <3

• Care