2023-2024 Orlando College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i would email the admissions team, theyre very friendly and responsive!

I can second this ! They are beyond friendly and respond fairly quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter if the school has pre-accreditation? Like will it hurt with residency placement?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does it matter if the school has pre-accreditation? Like will it hurt with residency placement?

So they will only be pre accredited for the first year, they will be accredited after the first year. With that being said residency placement is super complex and has more to do with rotations, COMLEX / STEP scores, ECs, evaluation letters, whether they are DO or MD friendly, etc. With that being said it’s simply to early to predict. I can say though that TCU which is a fairly new school graduated their first class like a year or so ago and they had excellent matches. So do not let this being a new school deter you if it is your only acceptance this cycle. It beats applying again next cycle or going Caribbean.

Recently did a call with them and that was something that was mentioned I was about to post. Private loan interest rates are sky high. When asked about the stats from the admissions person I am currently asked they said that the MCAT was a hard 500. There is no wiggle. Also, they basically have "lectureless" learning so make sure your are someone who can stay on task and manage a course load with basically self teaching.
Yeah screw this haha. I'd love to stay in FL but too many con's

I was also confused about the attendance policy, like if you get in do you have to go there?

There’s gonna be a lot of risks and the private loans SUCK but I have lots of confidence that whoever makes the first year class will help to create a strong medical school

If yall have other acceptances I would go to a more established school

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted students, did you receive the A via phone or email

Members don't see this ad :)
Any WL movement?

It’s hard to say if there will be much WL movement until commitment to enroll rolls around just cause there is no deposit to hold your seat for this school.

Sooo the enrollment agreement to this school is not very binding? I just don't want to be stuck with some type of fee should I rescind my acceptance.... it is so early to be committing to anything right now, especially considering the financial burden of this school. I have a few other interviews that are still pending decisions...

Just got an A, off the waitlist. Is there an accepted students group me?

I just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone and I hope it goes to one of you!

You're invited to my new group 'OCOM C/O 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I created a group me for accepted students if anyone would like to join

Withdrew my A. I hope it goes to one of you fantastic future physicians.

:)

Received A today, does anyone know how binding accepting the offer is to hold spot? I saw something earlier in the chat that said OCOM takes it seriously and will inform other schools but they only give few days to response and I’m still waiting on a few MD schools. Just wondering if anyone else is in this situation

Sooo the enrollment agreement to this school is not very binding? I just don't want to be stuck with some type of fee should I rescind my acceptance.... it is so early to be committing to anything right now, especially considering the financial burden of this school. I have a few other interviews that are still pending decisions...

Wondering this too, what did you end up doing?

Received A today, does anyone know how binding accepting the offer is to hold spot? I saw something earlier in the chat that said OCOM takes it seriously and will inform other schools but they only give few days to response and I’m still waiting on a few MD schools. Just wondering if anyone else is in this situation

hey I was accepted to this school earlier and completed a lot including the enrollment agreement, there is no binding. I called and withdrew my A no problems

I am applying next cycle does anyone know if they would be accrediated for loans by fall 2025

I am applying next cycle does anyone know if they would be accrediated for loans by fall 2025

No not until first class graduated. And private loans are accredited, such that their terms are usually insured and backed. However, no federal loans until first class graduates

OCOM extended its Primary Application Deadline from March 1st to April 12th, 2024. Why would a school extend its Primary Application deadline? This may look like OCOM is having problems to fill up spots with their cutoff criteria of minimum MCAT of 500. MCAT of 500 may secure a spot at other established DO schools with access to Federal loans.

Reactions: 1 users
500 as a MCAT cutoff is a bit high for a Brand new school withy no access to Federal loans. They may be having trouble filling up the seats. This is most likely the reason why they extended Primary Application Deadline to April 12th. Those with 500 MCAT would have been accepted at established DO schools or even new DO school that has another campus that is established. The Dean is stubborn

I withdrew my acceptance, and no federal loan was a main reason why

Last edited: