2023-2024 Orlando College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those whose have gotten interview invite, what is your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Disappointed I can’t apply here as a south Florida native going to Orlando would be a dream but my gpa is a 3.1

Anyone else receive an email that OCOM Admissions is sending a package to their address? I checked the tracking and it looks like it's just a shipping label for now. I am interviewing 10/24 and attended the info session yesterday and was not sure if it's related.

Reactions: 1 user
keep in mind that this school is not eligible for federal loans.
Recently did a call with them and that was something that was mentioned I was about to post. Private loan interest rates are sky high. When asked about the stats from the admissions person I am currently asked they said that the MCAT was a hard 500. There is no wiggle. Also, they basically have "lectureless" learning so make sure your are someone who can stay on task and manage a course load with basically self teaching.

Recently did a call with them and that was something that was mentioned I was about to post. Private loan interest rates are sky high. When asked about the stats from the admissions person I am currently asked they said that the MCAT was a hard 500. There is no wiggle. Also, they basically have "lectureless" learning so make sure your are someone who can stay on task and manage a course load with basically self teaching.
Yikes

Not uncommon with new schools/programs

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you find out what the package was?
Just opened it now! Came in branded packaging and has a padfolio, screen cleaning kit, large fridge magnet, pen, and a note from admissions. Honestly a nice surprise!

245EE903-AFE9-46B3-BA54-AC1292BCAB14.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
They have virtual cadaver lab, lecture-less curriculum (sounds a bit like PBL), 0 rotation sites in Orlando so you will have to move after second year. Just some things to consider!
Just did my interview and they talked about this so I guess I will clear up misconceptions. Their "lecture-less" style doesn't actually mean no lectures, it just means there are no in-person lectures at all. There are recorded lectures they send to each of the students and you have to watch them before coming to class.

Those whose have gotten interview invite, what is your stats?
Undergrad science 3.56/ Undergraduate cumulative 3.64/ Graduate school science 3.94/ Graduate non science 4.0/ Overall science 3.62/ Overall non science 3.75/ 503 MCAT

Sorry this is a lot, just wanted to help. I am not sure if they will take my graduate school grades into account at all!!

Any info on the interview! How’d it go for those that did it. Congrats btw!!

Very easy interview! Don’t worry 😉

Thinking about applying here, I know they started their cycle a little later, but it’s nearing the end of October, is it too late to send a primary?

Thinking about applying here, I know they started their cycle a little later, but it’s nearing the end of October, is it too late to send a primary?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take! I'd say do it

Last edited:
Anyone else interviewing on halloween tm? 👻

A today!!! Interviewed 10/24 ... but will probably not accept bc I was already accepted to my state school! Goodluck everyone :)

Accepted today ! Interview: 10/26/23. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys this is my first interview and I was wondering if you guys have any tips to prepare especially since this is a new school

Congrats on all the acceptances!!!

Hey guys this is my first interview and I was wondering if you guys have any tips to prepare especially since this is a new school
Really know your “why ocom” answer and be ready to talk about it with both interviewers. Whether it be your instate school, family ties in orlando, interested in being a part of an inaugural class, etc. They know a ton of people are going to apply thinking it’s an easy A considering it’s a new school so they’re trying to wend out those applicants. (Which is why their mcat is minimum 50 percentile as well)

Does anyone know what the campus cafe portal is? I haven't been given a link to where to upload the documents.

Those that got acceptances, are you thinking you will attend OCOM?
I am, I find being an inaugural class exciting, since we set the history of the school. Also, I am from Florida and I do love the Orlando Area and its nice to be able to see my family and friends.

Does anyone know what the campus cafe portal is? I haven't been given a link to where to upload the documents.
Hey just make sure to email them for the link to Campus Cafe. After that you can upload your documents under "application status". Then notify them so they can send you a PIN for the CastleBranch.

After signing the enrollment contract, can we not accept any other offers?
It’s supposed to take place of the general $2000 deposit other schools do. Since they don’t have that protection (like how many people are just gonna give up 2k and not go) -They heavily discouraged it at the beginning like contact other schools about you.

I’m not sure if this is still the case, but I think they removed that on their website due to backlash.

TLDR; I don’t think anything stops you, but they think it’s really ****ty is my guess.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the construction will be finished up? Trying to find it online but can’t. Curious if this came up in any interviews/info sessions

Does anyone know when the construction will be finished up? Trying to find it online but can’t. Curious if this came up in any interviews/info sessions
December 12 - it’s in some of their google docs that allowed for pre-accreditation finalization. But students won’t be able to visit till January and February

Withdrawing my A - hopefully it goes to one of you! Personally the program has a tad too many red flags for me but I'm sure the ones that commit will love it. Goodluck everyone

Is the 500 MCAT a hard cut off? Actually very interested in going here since I went to undergrad in FL but I have a 498