2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Montana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school take FAFSA? Or is it only private loans that are available?
FAFSA and Federal loans are available!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed on Dec 11th heard back yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 1/22 got the A yesterday

Reactions: 1 users
Hi ! does anyone have the link for the accepted facebook and groupme? I cant seem to find it

Hi ! does anyone have the link for the accepted facebook and groupme? I cant seem to find it
The group me is relatively new and I think they only send it to people who have accepted a spot there so if you did I wouldn’t be surprised if you get it in a few days

Does anyone know what a typical week looks like? Are we on campus everyday? How often are on-campus lectures? etc. I appreciate any help with this.

Also, for current 1st year students - is there anything you wish you would have done differently if you had a chance to redo your 1st year?

I wish I would have never would have attended this school :( It's honestly a dumpster fire. But overall, focus on doing your best on your first exams. Don't tell yourself, "Ahh, I'll catch up on my midterms and finals" it puts you in a tight spot.
Just wondering why you feel it’s a dumpster fire. I’ve been talking to other current students and don’t really feel the same. Yes they are aware that there are growing pains since it’s a new campus but overall they seem pretty happy with the current situation. Can you elaborate more?

I wish I would have never would have attended this school :( It's honestly a dumpster fire. But overall, focus on doing your best on your first exams. Don't tell yourself, "Ahh, I'll catch up on my midterms and finals" it puts you in a tight spot.
I'm sorry that you're having this experience. I hear it's a huge learning curve to get study strategies in the first few weeks and to get used to new teaching styles. Would you say that you're finding certain studying techniques more effective now, like Anki or Amboss? Is it better to study third party resources off the topics in lecture versus focusing on the lecture material? What are the best ways to study, especially going into the first exams?

Does anyone know what a typical week looks like? Are we on campus everyday? How often are on-campus lectures? etc. I appreciate any help with this.
Given the curriculum changes planned this could be different but this year, lectures and labs are Tues-Thurs generally 9-5. Exams are Mondays (and Fridays if there's multiple in a week but I've heard there will be fewer exams with the new layout).

Also, for current 1st year students - is there anything you wish you would have done differently if you had a chance to redo your 1st year?
As docpepe said don't wait on studying/try to keep up with material. For myself, I wish I was less anxious about constantly feeling like I needed to do things. It got me good grades but I didn't spend nearly as much time socializing or getting to know the area as I could've! It's always a balance and you have to decide where on the scales you want to fall.

• Love
Given the curriculum changes planned this could be different but this year, lectures and labs are Tues-Thurs generally 9-5. Exams are Mondays (and Fridays if there's multiple in a week but I've heard there will be fewer exams with the new layout).

As docpepe said don't wait on studying/try to keep up with material. For myself, I wish I was less anxious about constantly feeling like I needed to do things. It got me good grades but I didn't spend nearly as much time socializing or getting to know the area as I could've! It's always a balance and you have to decide where on the scales you want to fall.
Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate your help! :)

Hey quick question for you since you’re a current student, but does the Montana campus offer resources like sketchy or uworld to its students? I saw somewhere saying the Harlem campus does? Just wanted to see if Montana gets the same things if the Harlem campus gets it

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello again! I'm sorry for all the questions, I was wondering if there was dress code for attending lectures?
Are lectures mandatory to attend? And are the lectures recorded? Again, thank you for all your help!

Hey quick question for you since you’re a current student, but does the Montana campus offer resources like sketchy or uworld to its students? I saw somewhere saying the Harlem campus does? Just wanted to see if Montana gets the same things if the Harlem campus gets it
I'm pretty sure we have sketchy provided but definitely not UWorld; we have the same library access as the NY campuses so we should have the same school-funded resources but there's a chance the other campuses organized a group discount or something similar.

Hello again! I'm sorry for all the questions, I was wondering if there was dress code for attending lectures?
Are lectures mandatory to attend? And are the lectures recorded? Again, thank you for all your help!
There's technically a business casual dress code across all 3 campuses, but it's not strongly enforced and may change soon-ish (discussions on that have been tabled until after the accreditation visits this month).

Lectures are technically mandatory, but if you don't care for the ~10% of your grade that's attendance/participation I don't think admin would hunt you down. Lectures aren't recorded but professors do post their slides after (as well as the slides from other campuses).

I'm pretty sure we have sketchy provided but definitely not UWorld; we have the same library access as the NY campuses so we should have the same school-funded resources but there's a chance the other campuses organized a group discount or something similar.

There's technically a business casual dress code across all 3 campuses, but it's not strongly enforced and may change soon-ish (discussions on that have been tabled until after the accreditation visits this month).

Lectures are technically mandatory, but if you don't care for the ~10% of your grade that's attendance/participation I don't think admin would hunt you down. Lectures aren't recorded but professors do post their slides after (as well as the slides from other campuses).
Thank you for being so responsive and helpful! :)

OOS R just now interview 1/29

not too bummed as I have acceptances elsewhere but good luck to all of you!

Anyone get a secondary invitation for Touro Montana? I received one just now and I didn't apply to the school - I did apply to the Harlem campus, though. Maybe, they thought I was a good fit for Montana - which is true from the brief research I did. I just want to make sure this isn't an automatic email sent out to all Touro applicants. We are approaching late stage for the interview cycle, and many schools are starting to fill up.

Anyone get a secondary invitation for Touro Montana? I received one just now and I didn't apply to the school - I did apply to the Harlem campus, though. Maybe, they thought I was a good fit for Montana - which is true from the brief research I did. I just want to make sure this isn't an automatic email sent out to all Touro applicants. We are approaching late stage for the interview cycle, and many schools are starting to fill up.
Last year they offered anyone who was on the waitlist for the Harlem campus a spot at the Montana campus. So they may be coming close to the end of the cycle and needing to fill more seats?

Last year they offered anyone who was on the waitlist for the Harlem campus a spot at the Montana campus. So they may be coming close to the end of the cycle and needing to fill more seats?
That makes sense. I suppose it being a new school makes students wary about the growing pains, though it is within the Touro school system, which is well known and solid.

I received the secondary invitation a few weeks ago and I only applied to the Harlem campus as well. From what I gathered they pool all of the applications they receive for the 3 campus (Harlem, Montana, and Middletown) and offer secondaries and interviews for each campus based on “fit”.

I received the secondary invitation a few weeks ago and I only applied to the Harlem campus as well. From what I gathered they pool all of the applications they receive for the 3 campus (Harlem, Montana, and Middletown) and offer secondaries and interviews for each campus based on “fit”.
Got it. No wonder the school piqued my interest. I think they were definitely looking for campus fit. I'll try submitting my application and see what happens - pretty expensive, though.

Got it. No wonder the school piqued my interest. I think they were definitely looking for campus fit. I'll try submitting my application and see what happens - pretty expensive, though.
The secondaries for Touro com are the same, you can pref what campus you prefer if i recall. So you could apply to all three if you want for that price

II 20 minutes ago, dates offered are for 3/4 and 3/14
call the admin office, they have fee waivers if you qualify for FAP or the AACOMAS waiver

I just interviewed today. They said it could take between 4-6 weeks to get a decision. How true is that? And did any of you receive your A sooner than the 4-6 weeks?

I just interviewed today. They said it could take between 4-6 weeks to get a decision. How true is that? And did any of you receive your A sooner than the 4-6 weeks?
Hoping you did well! I interviewed this last month and got the A by phone 15 days after my interview date.

I personally got the call within 10 days of my II

For any current students, do you mind if I ask a few questions? I am curious about the school but I can't seem to find that much information.

OOS A! does anyone know if they send anything in the mail as well?
I haven’t gotten anything yet! congratulations!! When did you interview? I’m waiting on a friend to hear back 😭

Do any current students have information/reviews on Aurora apartments? TIA
Not a current student but on the accepted group chat. I've heard terrible things about Aurora. Talus is better from what I've heard. I also toured Talus yesterday and liked the apartments. Though, there is a waitlist already, so I would find out if you're interested as soon as possible and get on the waitlist. Teresa, from admin, told me there's a lot of waitlist movement in May.

Has anyone who interviewed on 3/4 or afterwards received a decision yet? It’s been 3 weeks since I interviewed and I haven’t heard anything.

Interviewed 3/11 nothing yet
From previous comments and last years thread, it looks like they typically conduct the interviews on Mondays with people receiving their A within 2-4 weeks. Some people have gotten their A within a week, which makes it a bit disheartening for me.

From previous comments and last years thread, it looks like they typically conduct the interviews on Mondays with people receiving their A within 2-4 weeks. Some people have gotten their A within a week, which makes it a bit disheartening for me.
I completely agree. you would think by now in the cycle they would be giving answers faster

If it's any consolation, I had my interview 11/20 and received my call 12/13. Hope you hear back in a few days!

Has anyone who interviewed on 3/4 or afterwards received a decision yet? It’s been 3 weeks since I interviewed and I haven’t heard anything.
I know it sucks but this is just a game of patience. They’re probably wrapping up the cycle and thus taking a bit longer to respond. I’m praying you hear back soon and hopefully see you this fall ;)

If it's any consolation, I had my interview 11/20 and received my call 12/13. Hope you hear back in a few days!
This definitely gives me some hope because we’re basically on the same time frame. My birthday is on Friday so this potential A phone call would make this birthday the best one ever!

I know it sucks but this is just a game of patience. They’re probably wrapping up the cycle and thus taking a bit longer to respond. I’m praying you hear back soon and hopefully see you this fall ;)
I hope to see you this fall too my friend! 🙏🏿