2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was placed on APS March 5th. What do you guys think my chances are for this cycle? Reallyy want to be in Colorado.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi y’all, I have an interview this week for the Colorado campus and was wondering if there’s still a chance of acceptance rather than APS at this point. It’s pretty late in the cycle and I want to keep my expectations in check. Also, any interview tips would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a current 4th year. Matched IM. The exams during preclinical are in house and shelf exams during 3rd year are NBME

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 3/19 and also APS. Looks like there's a bunch of folks in the same boat! Now sounds like we are playing a waiting game, any thoughts on possible timelines?

Accepted pending seat!! What’s the turn over for APS usually like here?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! If you get accepted from the APS list, do they call you or email you?

Does anyone know if we are offered a seat off APS how long do we have to pay deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got off the APS, what were your stats?

I’m a current 4th year. Matched IM. The exams during preclinical are in house and shelf exams during 3rd year are NBME
Congratulations on matching! Did you use any third party resources during your first year (Boards and beyond, pathoma, sketchy, AMBOSS etc.? How did you prepare for step and comlex?

Congratulations on matching! Did you use any third party resources during your first year (Boards and beyond, pathoma, sketchy, AMBOSS etc.? How did you prepare for step and comlex?
Yes, sketchy is more useful 2nd year, but I used everything you mentioned. UWorld is still king for step questions. Comlex you just study OMM for a few days in between and that’s plenty

Hi y’all, I have an interview this week for the Colorado campus and was wondering if there’s still a chance of acceptance rather than APS at this point. It’s pretty late in the cycle and I want to keep my expectations in check. Also, any interview tips would be much appreciated!
You will get Accepted Pending Space. You will get in if you get APS though just saying.

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea on how long it usually is from APS to acceptance?

Any idea on how long it usually is from APS to acceptance?
Not exactly sure. From what I see on average 3-6 weeks. Although I believe the list is ranked. I've been on the list since beginning of March and there have been a few people who got on and off the list within a a few weeks since I got put on.

Did anyone else's portal change after receiving APS? The interview tab is gone (makes sense) and I think one other disappeared. It seems as though there is less information available now.

Did anyone else's portal change after receiving APS? The interview tab is gone (makes sense) and I think one other disappeared. It seems as though there is less information available now.
Nope. Im on the same boat as you with my portal. I believe only change that will happen is once off APS, there should be an accepted tab added in.

Nope. Im on the same boat as you with my portal. I believe once off APS, there should be an accepted tab added in.
Okay, good to know. I was worried because the APS email says to withdraw if you decide to go elsewhere, but I do not see a withdraw tab/drop down menu, so I though something had gone wrong or that my app had been withdrawn without my doing.

Because people underestimated how hard it would be to pass step 1. Don’t make that same mistake
That's scary lol, I definitely will try to not get complacent. Do you know what rvucom does to help students prep for boards?

Taking NBME instead of NBOME exams in third year is very underrated in helping students prepare for step 2 in my opinion.

That's scary lol, I definitely will try to not get complacent. Do you know what rvucom does to help students prep for boards?
I heard they made some changes but I don’t know exactly what those were. It was after I already took step 1 and 2