2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, they are already full??
don’t worry! Accepted students have to make a decision and pay the deposit by December 14th. There’s bound to be a LOT of movement. Remember med schools accept more students than end up matriculating!!

Members don't see this ad.

Any current RVUCOM students here. Is the academic and leadership track at Utah only or Colorado too? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received nothing from this school except “supplemental application recieved” in mid-July. Checking spam folder religiously. Is it time to reach out? IS if it matters

For the deans overview presentation, is there any interview style questions or even ice breakers that they ask?

I have received nothing from this school except “supplemental application recieved” in mid-July. Checking spam folder religiously. Is it time to reach out? IS if it matters
Same! Is as well. I emailed back in October and they said hopefully hear something soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Total shot in the dark, but I’m touring the campus tomorrow and wondering if any current RVUCOM students are available and up to grab a coffee and/or bite to eat (I’m free all day). I’d love to ask some questions and get a better feel for the school. Food/drinks are on me!! :)

DM me if you’re interested.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed first week of November hear anything back yet?

Just got the call for an A!!!! I'm shaking. interviewed 11/02, OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just moved off the APS status, will be matriculating in 2024!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
ahhhh anyone have any insight on IS interview acceptances? Applied back in September and am so anxious to hear anything!!!!!!

Just got the email that I made the APS list! So I guess technically got the A today? Interviewed on 11/28.

For those who interviewed between 11/27-11/30, heard anything back? I am hoping they tell us before the break.

got the call today that I’m off the APS list and officially accepted!!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I got the call that I’m off the APS list!

• Love
Got off the APS list earlier today, but most likely gonna give up my seat. GL to everyone here!

Hi! Is there a current student at RVU that can answer these questions?
1. Are there set rotation locations for the core rotations?
2. Has there been any concerns or troubles with clinical rotation sites and quality with the increased class size?
3. How are the research opportunities?
4. Are there mentorship programs with an academic faculty, physician, and/or upper classmates?
5. Do they give us free or stipends for board prep resources? (ex: Amboss, Sketchy)

Thank you in advance!
Current student on clinicals:
1. Yes technically there are set rotation locations for the different core sites, however, this is very very dependent on which core site you are assigned. Denver and Colorado Springs are the least "stable" when it comes to rotations but if you go to Wyoming, Pueblo or Greely it is much better. I know for Greely you are primarily with the residency program up there. When you are outside of the Denver and Springs you are more likely to be one on one with your preceptors. If they can't find you a rotation at your core site they will send you elsewhere and this can be anywhere from within Colorado out to Kansas or Louisiana. You can also choose to go to Brooklyn if you wanted for some rotations. They won't offer you much financial support to get to these locations if this is the case but they do help you find and usually cover housing if you are outside of your core site by a certain mileage. Many people rave about the rotations out of state as far as the quality of the rotations in Kansas and Louisiana but the downside is the travel. I heard a rumor that they were trying to make it that you would only travel away from your core site once but that's not always feasible.
2. This current 3rd year class is the first class with the increased size out on rotation and they seem to be traveling more away from their core sites than the previous classes had. Not sure on the quality changes. Some rotations are phenomenal and others are sketchy but that has nothing to do with the increased class size it's just the luck of the draw.
3. There are ton's of research opportunities and is a big push for the school (but also not required if you don't want to do research). You can do a research track as well if you are interested but it is not required to do research. RVU just created their own journal where students can publish as well. You get up to 8 credits in 3rd and 4th year to do research but many students will do research in the 1st and 2nd year too. You can present research on campus or travel to conferences and present and RVU will offer some small scholarships to cover the cost of presenting at the conferences.
4. Yes lots of opportunities for mentorship. You are assigned a peer mentor from the class above you that you can reach out to and they will also reach out to you. The upper classmates are incredibly helpful. You will meet your mentor during orientation but if you meet other students from classes above you they are always willing to help. You can also find faculty mentors as well. I would say the faculty on campus are the best part of this school. They truly want to see you succeed and will help you along the way. We also have a very diverse faculty when it comes to specialties so there is likely someone who can guide you in any specialty you choose.
5. Haha that's a good joke! But absolutely not.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Very fortunate to have received an II from RVUCOM-Co! Has anyone interviewed here yet and what kind of questions should I be expecting during the interview? Also any other general tips / advice are welcome!

Anyone knows how long it takes to get off the APS list? I am on it since last week of December. Thanks !

It took me about a month to get off of it. Think I'm going to give up my seat though so hopefully it goes to one of you! Also the interview is 40 minutes but it goes by extremely quickly. Super laid back and conversational! I dare say it was one of my favorites this cycle, but there were just a few other schools I like a tad more!

Officially withdrew my Acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone here and I hope one of y'all get it!

Received a II today to UT but I only applied to the CO campus. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m only interested in the CO campus so I’m not sure what this means