2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received a II today to UT but I only applied to the CO campus. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m only interested in the CO campus so I’m not sure what this means
UT and CO have a combined application. Applying to one = applying to the other, though you can designate a preference. If your preference doesn't move forward with your app the other school can choose to interview you AFAIK.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
UT and CO have a combined application. Applying to one = applying to the other, though you can designate a preference. If your preference doesn't move forward with your app the other school can choose to interview you AFAIK.
Makes sense, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview here really 40 minutes long? That feels so long
It was. However with the 2 on 1 format, I felt like there was a lot of filled up time with conversational responses! They gave me almost 10 min at the end for questions as well and it truly just turned into telling stories back and forth 😂 the interview flew by though!!

II received. I'm IS. Completed 08/10/2023. A

Last edited:
Any current students who can answer these:

1. To clarify, they do not provide resources like Uworld to study for boards?
2. Is attendance mandatory?
3. Is it pass/fail, even though students are ranked?

Any current students who can answer these:

1. To clarify, they do not provide resources like Uworld to study for boards?
2. Is attendance mandatory?
3. Is it pass/fail, even though students are ranked?
Not a current student, but have talked to a lot of current students and toured.

1) they do not provide resources, I believe the costs are included in COA though to get loans to cover it.
2) attendance is mandatory for labs, but for the past few years it has not been for lectures. I was told most students watch the lectures from home.
3) It is H/P/F, but internal rankings are kept for residency applications.

Not a current student, but have talked to a lot of current students and toured.

1) they do not provide resources, I believe the costs are included in COA though to get loans to cover it.
2) attendance is mandatory for labs, but for the past few years it has not been for lectures. I was told most students watch the lectures from home.
3) It is H/P/F, but internal rankings are kept for residency applications.
Thank you!! Do you by chance also know what the exam schedule is like? Just cause some schools have 3-4 exams per week and it can be overwhelming

OOS II received this morning but I went ahead and declined it since I already paid my accepted deposit to Noorda. Hope someone here gets it instead.

Got a call yesterday too but no vm left. I did get an acceptance email today though! Interviewed 12/14

Thank you!! Do you by chance also know what the exam schedule is like? Just cause some schools have 3-4 exams per week and it can be overwhelming
sorry for the late response, I found out some info about it: exams can be expected every 1-2 weeks, sometimes multiple in a week but not always. I do remember I toured on a testing day, and they had therapy dogs on campus. They told me they get therapy dogs for every test week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody accepted to the CO campus that intends fully on matriculating to RVU know if we can/wanna swap with an accepted student to the Utah campus lol?

Anyone know what rotations look like for 3rd & 4th year?
  • Are you usually at a few locations during your time there or are you bouncing around?
  • Outpatient & inpatient rotations, is there variety?

Anyone know what rotations look like for 3rd & 4th year?
  • Are you usually at a few locations during your time there or are you bouncing around?
  • Outpatient & inpatient rotations, is there variety?
Highly dependent student to student and depends on your core site. Technically, you are assigned a core site and depending on the site you might be at the same hospital or bounce around multiple hospitals in town. It is just a matter of luck. If a rotation is not available for you at your core site location, say in Denver, they will send you to a different site and this can be in Colorado or out of state most commonly Kansas, Utah, and Wyoming but more recently Louisiana and occasionally NYC.

Outpatient vs. Inpatient is also a luck of the draw. I had a great mix and several of my classmates did but others are just doing outpatient (except for surgery) so again just site dependent. If you are able to move for 3rd year do your research and talk to upper classmen and pick a solid training site.

4th year you do whatever you want :)

Highly dependent student to student and depends on your core site. Technically, you are assigned a core site and depending on the site you might be at the same hospital or bounce around multiple hospitals in town. It is just a matter of luck. If a rotation is not available for you at your core site location, say in Denver, they will send you to a different site and this can be in Colorado or out of state most commonly Kansas, Utah, and Wyoming but more recently Louisiana and occasionally NYC.

Outpatient vs. Inpatient is also a luck of the draw. I had a great mix and several of my classmates did but others are just doing outpatient (except for surgery) so again just site dependent. If you are able to move for 3rd year do your research and talk to upper classmen and pick a solid training site.

4th year you do whatever you want :)
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I have been nervous about how established their rotations are.

I got an II for the Utah campus when I applied (only) for the CO campus and I'm interviewing tomorrow. What do I even say to "why Utah?", because my real answer is "I applied to the CO campus because I love CO and have family there".....Are you only accepted at the campus you interview for?

I got an II for the Utah campus when I applied (only) for the CO campus and I'm interviewing tomorrow. What do I even say to "why Utah?", because my real answer is "I applied to the CO campus because I love CO and have family there".....Are you only accepted at the campus you interview for
Yes, you are only accepted at the campus you interview for.

IS II received today. Do we think the class is full/ am I interviewing for WL at this point?

APS via email. Interview 1/30.

What is the percent of students who get off the APS list?

Just got an A this evening for the southern Utah campus! this is such an awesome school, I was truly impressed by the interview process

Just got an A this evening for the southern Utah campus! this is such an awesome school, I was truly impressed by the interview process
I got an accepted pending seat. Fingers crossed I can get in this cycle! Congrats btw!!!

I got an accepted pending seat. Fingers crossed I can get in this cycle! Congrats btw!!!
I'll likely be withdrawing my acceptance -- I hope it gets to you. :) Best of luck to you!

OOS II today! Nervous considering all the WL/APS comments in the thread but excited because this is one of my top choices

OOS II today! Nervous considering all the WL/APS comments in the thread but excited because this is one of my top choices
Same here! Was wondering if anyone had resources on if RVU was still accepting versus waitlist only.

Same here! Was wondering if anyone had resources on if RVU was still accepting versus waitlist only.
They said they’re full right now so I think they’re only giving out APS and Waitlist, but spots open up in April/ May so I’m hoping I get a seat!

Reactions: 1 users
I was confirmed APS a couple of days ago. In the email letting me know I was APS there was a line that stated, "If in the meantime, you decide to accept an offer at another program, please withdraw your application officially through your portal page." I am confused by this. Are they saying I should not treat APS like a waitlist if I get in somewhere else, even if RVU is my preferred school? Thank you!

I was confirmed APS a couple of days ago. In the email letting me know I was APS there was a line that stated, "If in the meantime, you decide to accept an offer at another program, please withdraw your application officially through your portal page." I am confused by this. Are they saying I should not treat APS like a waitlist if I get in somewhere else, even if RVU is my preferred school? Thank you!
If RVU is your preferred school no need to withdraw! I am hopeful you will get in, medhopeful36.

Got off the APS list with an A!! I'm gonna be a doctor!