2024-2025 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Should I be using the maximum word limit for these essays? For the first question, I am sitting at around 250 words and am happy with what I have written, but I don't want it to look bad that I only used half of the allotted space.

Should I be using the maximum word limit for these essays? For the first question, I am sitting at around 250 words and am happy with what I have written, but I don't want it to look bad that I only used half of the allotted space.
My responses were about 300-450 each. There is no need to fluff, if you're happy then leave it. I just found that naturally answering the prompt left me in my range.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone provide assistance for me? In the process of completing VCOM's secondary application. When entering the CV section, do we just need to list the place worked and title of position? In the instructions it states: "A short title/description ONLY is needed." The examples shown only list place worked and title of position so I was slightly thrown off by the 'description' piece in the instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA

My letters of reference have an x on them. Is anyone else having this issue?

for the CV portion, I should not list experiences that took place during college, just that i was in college from 2020-2024? (in my gap year now so i also added what i am doing for that) just want to make sure i do it right, thanks in advance!

for the CV portion, I should not list experiences that took place during college, just that i was in college from 2020-2024? (in my gap year now so i also added what i am doing for that) just want to make sure i do it right, thanks in advance!
I added what I did during college

Hi guys, I saw a recent chat and just wanted to double check, this is for the cycle starting in the fall of 2025 right? This website is completely new to me so i just want to make sure i'm in the right place.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys, I saw a recent chat and just wanted to double check, this is for the cycle starting in the fall of 2025 right? This website is completely new to me so i just want to make sure i'm in the right place.
Yes

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else’s application not marked complete yet? Submitted secondary 6/21

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if this school will look at a 498 mcat?
Things like this are easily forund on the school's page in most cases
"The average MCAT score of those accepted falls between 500 and 506 and a score greater than 496 is generally required. "

Things like this are easily forund on the school's page in most cases
"The average MCAT score of those accepted falls between 500 and 506 and a score greater than 496 is generally required. "

Thank you! I did see this but was more wondering how many people applying here/getting interviews/ accepted had a score of a sub 500. :)

Anyone else not marked complete yet?

Since the VCOM interviews are in-person, does anyone know the interview itinerary?

Is anyone else's portal not loading? The page will not load for me and then it says its taking too long to respond

Since the VCOM interviews are in-person, does anyone know the interview itinerary?
They were very vague about it in the email. Didn't have timings or anything. But I'm guessing it's going to be very similar to other interview formats.

Secondary Application Invitation was received 08/23/2024, out-of-state applicant

had the interview with them mid-Aug: it was super chill, started off with an information session, group interviews, individual interviews, and then a tour of the campus and lunch with students.

When did you submit your primary?
submitted primary 06/04/2024. Then on 06/11/24 i received an email with the following:

We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation.

Please be advised: considering the volume of applications we receive, the review process may take a few months. As soon as the committee has had the opportunity to review your file, we will be certain to notify you by email.

Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected].

submitted primary 06/04/2024. Then on 06/11/24 i received an email with the following:

We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation.

Please be advised: considering the volume of applications we receive, the review process may take a few months. As soon as the committee has had the opportunity to review your file, we will be certain to notify you by email.

Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected].
Thanks! Appreciate the timeline.

OOS A!!!!! FIRST A, SO SO HAPPY/EXCITED :)))) they said they would take 3 weeks but the decision actually came in 2!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you!!!
stats: 511 3.8 ugpa 3.9 grad gpa
2500 clinical hours 300 volunteering 1500 research

VCOM-Virginia's Open House is on October 5th! The admissions team will be there to answer any questions you have, and you can meet current students.

Open House

www.vcom.edu
www.vcom.edu

“YOURE INVITED…TO OUR OPEN HOUSE”

Lmfao. I’m withdrawing my application because of this. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
i've been at "screening" for about a month now (08/09). should I reach out to the admissions department to see when I might be complete by?

i've been at "screening" for about a month now (08/09). should I reach out to the admissions department to see when I might be complete by?
I also submitted it on 8/9 and I am also not marked as completed

Reactions: 2 users