2024-2025 Emory

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah dang I was waiting till 12/25. I guess they updated the portals early this time around because of the holiday
I wouldn't worry yet, I spoke with them last week and they said that the portals won't necessarily all update at the same time. They said by end of the day today there should be something, but no hard time.
Emory moves at a snail's pace (I work there), so definitely do not let hearing back late stress you out too much.
 
Does anyone have any advice for this interview? Is it open or closed file? Also whats up with this group interview and why does it sound so intimidating😭
 
What types of updates do you think they prefer and what do you guys recommend considering the word limit?

I have some new research pubs and roles, community engagement, and volunteering. I was also thinking of clarifying some of my previous research roles from my primary but not sure if that's good use of space
I interviewed here in Oct and haven’t heard back yet, I swear they said they didn’t want us to send anything to them and they won’t consider it but I feel like I may be misremembering. Does anyone remember if they will accept post interview updates but just not letters of intent? Is it a different story for people who want to send pre II letters of interest or updates?

Edit: after re reading your posts it sounds like they have a specific spot for updates so maybe they just take those and not letters of interest/intent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email from the financial aid office saying they have received my fin aid application but I haven’t received an II. I know it’s typical for this to happen for all interviewed students that send FAFSA info but I found it odd given I haven’t even been offered an II… Anyone else get this?
 
I received an email from the financial aid office saying they have received my fin aid application but I haven’t received an II. I know it’s typical for this to happen for all interviewed students that send FAFSA info but I found it odd given I haven’t even been offered an II… Anyone else get this?
No I did not receive this and did not receive a II, is it because you added Emory as a recipient for your FAFSA application?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know if emory acceptances come out today?
That’s what it said on the info packet, and I believe during my interview! But I don’t know if acceptance letters would arrive today or be mailed out today (therefore arriving later this week). Either way I’m anxiously waiting!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s what it said on the info packet, and I believe during my interview! But I don’t know if acceptance letters would arrive today or be mailed out today (therefore arriving later this week). Either way I’m anxiously waiting!!
I think it said that the letters would be mailed out today, but I don't know if they also mean they'd arrive today as well.