2025-2026 U South Dakota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Got an email saying my state connections aren’t strong enough for a secondary. Worth appealing? Not from SD but family is and I lived in eastern WY for a long time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Late December interview (12/19/25). I believe committee met on Saturday 1/17/26 and results will be out on 1/19/26 (MLK day) or 1/20/26. Great program! Very impressive and a ton of opportunities to pursue in research, service, travel! Good luck to everyone!

Update: Decision came out 9:59amEST Tuesday, 1/20/26
 
Last edited:
Final admissions meeting of year will be on Saturday February 28. I have read that most students are put into pending category, with only a few admitted at previous admission meetings. Most students will find out admission result (Admission, Waitlist, or Rejection) on the Monday following the final meeting, this year, March 2. Best of luck to everyone.
 
Did anyone get an admit? Or a rejection? Do you think everyone who doesn’t hear anything on the first day of results (in this case March 2) will receive a rejection? I hope not. Any info would be appreciated! Good luck everyone!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you and Congratulations. Seems like bad news if you weren't contacted at all yesterday. Still holding out hope
I also did not receive any news yesterday and have not heard anything yet today either (03/03 at 1032) if that brings you any comfort! You are not alone in not hearing anything !!
 
I also did not receive any news yesterday and have not heard anything yet today either (03/03 at 1032) if that brings you any comfort! You are not alone in not hearing anything !!

I also did not receive any news yesterday and have not heard anything yet today either (03/03 at 1032) if that brings you any comfort! You are not alone in not hearing anything !!
And best of luck to you!! It will be ok, no matter what happens with this decision.
 
Was waitlisted yesterday. Anyone got any idea how much the list typically moves, or is expected to move?
 
Just got off the waitlist! Does anyone know if there's like an accepted student GC or something along those lines?