2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may know this but if you didn't when you apply you can add just one placeholder school (and thus only pay for that one school at that time) and then add more schools later just before your application is verified if you don't end up being admitted.
Yes, but I would like to add more schools if possible sooner rather than later since stuff gets sent out the 27th. Just worried cause it's getting late and don't want to be behind for next cycle while still waiting on this one
 
Yes, but I would like to add more schools if possible sooner rather than later since stuff gets sent out the 27th. Just worried cause it's getting late and don't want to be behind for next cycle while still waiting on this one
Best to probably play it safe in that case, its a cruel process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, did you get a chance to call by any chance?
I did, they were very polite on the phone. I asked if the class was full and they said the class is "not finalized" and will not be finalized for a few weeks. To be honest I don't know what "finalized" means in this context. My guess is that it could generally mean two things:

1. The class is full but the admissions committee still needs to meet to do something to finalize the class.
2. The class is not full and the admissions committee still needs to meet to figure out who to send the last offers to.

Again that's just my complete guess I could be totally wrong.

I wish I had a better answer for everyone as it is getting extremely late in the cycle.

The way I'm thinking about it is just assuming there won't be further movement so if there is it will be a pleasant surprise.
 
I did, they were very polite on the phone. I asked if the class was full and they said the class is "not finalized" and will not be finalized for a few weeks. To be honest I don't know what "finalized" means in this context. My guess is that it could generally mean two things:

1. The class is full but the admissions committee still needs to meet to do something to finalize the class.
2. The class is not full and the admissions committee still needs to meet to figure out who to send the last offers to.

Again that's just my complete guess I could be totally wrong.

I wish I had a better answer for everyone as it is getting extremely late in the cycle.

The way I'm thinking about it is just assuming there won't be further movement so if there is it will be a pleasant surprise.
I’m sorry y’all are going through this ):

Another thought is the class may not be “finalized” until they verify we all met and completed the pre-matriculation requirements which most are due today. I think it may take them those few weeks to verify things and track down people that are missing something.

I don’t want to be a downer, but I also don’t want to give false hope and screw people over on re-app, so my personal opinion is the class is likely full and they just don’t want to officially reject people from WL until they are 100% sure everyone is going to actually be able to matriculate (what if somehow there is an anti-vaxer who refuses to get the mandatory vaccines or someone failed their classes this past semester). To be real, I wouldn't bank on any of that to happen, but I think it’s why the school is hesitant to actually reject people until they are certain and I’m p sure that most schools do this too post-CTE.

Hang in there y’all, I can’t imagine what you’re going through and if it were me I know I would be pretty devastated based on there being such a disparity of movement between this cycle and last. Feel free to DM me if you need to vent/want someone to chat with.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad