You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lebronjames123
Full Member
HOLY CRAP OOS A OFF WL A FEW MINUTES AGO!! I am gonna be a doctor!!!!!! Best of luck to the rest of you!!!!!
COOLSOCKSSS CONGRATS!!! That’s so fire omg
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
congratulations doc!! that is amazing! happy for uHOLY CRAP OOS A OFF WL A FEW MINUTES AGO!! I am gonna be a doctor!!!!!! Best of luck to the rest of you!!!!!
Exact time: 4:29 EDT for those neurotic like me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blahblahbrah
Full Member
Does anyone know how many pple are in each tier?
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
No idea. Any news on cycle tracker?Does anyone know how many pple are in each tier?
alteredstate
Full Member
Are they giving out offers in smaller batches than previous years? Could it be because there are not as many spots? Anyone else heard anything? Should we call/email them and ask for information?
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
For those who got off the waitlist, were you guys IS or OOS? Because IS and OOS waitlist movement is different I am pretty sure.
OOS but I have strong Midwest ties (originally from OH) and clearly expressed my goal is to work in the midwest during my interview. Idk if that might have helped.For those who got off the waitlist, were you guys IS or OOS? Because IS and OOS waitlist movement is different I am pretty sure.
lebronjames123
Full Member
+1 OOS A just now!!
CONGRATS!!!
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
AHHHHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS DOC!!! Hope u can celebrate+1 OOS A just now!!
icepenguin2024
Full Member
has there been any movement with regards to financial aid/scholarships since May 1st?
I received a scholarship today after being accepted off the WL Thursday! (I am likely to CTE now)has there been any movement with regards to financial aid/scholarships since May 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Anyone from in state get off?
Citymed2003
New Member
Is it just me or are they sending acceptances on Monday and Thursday?
strawberry32
Full Member
has there been any movement with regards to financial aid/scholarships since May 1st?
I got one on May 2nd!
D
deleted1201436
Is there a Facebook or group page for accepted students? Also, how did yall find out about financial info/scholarships? Did they send anything to you individually?
There is a groupme if you scroll back a few pages on here that I joined! I am not sure about Facebook (I don’t have an account on there). For the scholarship I was emailed directly and then it showed up as a new tab in the portal for me to accept. I haven’t gotten any email about financial aid as a whole yet.Is there a Facebook or group page for accepted students? Also, how did yall find out about financial info/scholarships? Did they send anything to you individually?
neurongonewild
Full Member
Do we think they are just slower this year with waitlited applicants or there aren't as many spots as last year?
lebronjames123
Full Member
Do we think they are just slower this year with waitlited applicants or there aren't as many spots as last year?
No idea honestly. I’d like to think just slower bc idt they got into tier [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]] WL yet
Pushing the groupme for those accepted again!GroupMe
groupme.com
Just pushing the accepted student's groupme again!
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
Congrats!!!!! That’s amazing! Do they call and email or just call?I received a scholarship today after being accepted off the WL Thursday! (I am likely to CTE now)
Thanks! I never got a call for the scholarship, just the email and then a new tab in the portal! 🙂Congrats!!!!! That’s amazing! Do they call and email or just call?
Last edited:
lebronjames123
Full Member
Praying for some movement today [emoji120]
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Will we expect any movement today?
alteredstate
Full Member
Idk if we should be expecting movement today. It's getting late 🙁
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Everyone that reported getting off the WL were OOS. I still think there is hope for IS movementIdk if we should be expecting movement today. It's getting late 🙁
premedmichigan11
Full Member
Does OUWB make any distinctions based on IS and OOS? I don’t think so bc they’re private
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neurongonewild
Full Member
Yeah I don’t think so either. Last years group me got to 254 members and this year it’s only up to 206 (I only think it’s that high bc of M1s and people who have withdrawn their acceptance but haven’t left the group). So I do think they have more As to give out. I think they are just behind compared to last year, hopefully we get more movement soon. Has anyone called and asked about WL spots recently?Does OUWB make any distinctions based on IS and OOS? I don’t think so bc they’re private
Last edited:
I will say, the longer they wait hopefully more people will withdraw from the WL making each tier smaller and therefore quicker/streamlined movement later in the month.
Also I CTEed here yesterday!! Hoping to meet as many of you as possible in the fall 😎 I will keep lurking the thread rooting for you all !!
Also I CTEed here yesterday!! Hoping to meet as many of you as possible in the fall 😎 I will keep lurking the thread rooting for you all !!
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
I think they try to make it 50 percent IS and 50 percent of the class OOS. Maybe 60/40, not too sure though about the ratio. So I would say it does play a role, but because it's private, they accept more OOS students compared to public IS schools.Does OUWB make any distinctions based on IS and OOS? I don’t think so bc they’re private
neurongonewild
Full Member
any movement today?
alteredstate
Full Member
Surprising that we haven’t heard of any movement
medicalschoolyoyoyo
New Member
I don’t think they met last Wednesday - read somewhere that they only meet first and third wed
neurongonewild
Full Member
Anyone withdraw their A or first tier WL recently? Congrats to all the new A’s!!! Yall will make amazing doctors 😊😊
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
Has anyone on tier 1 WL
NOT heard back yet?
NOT heard back yet?
lebronjames123
Full Member
I’m on tier one and still radio silence
esmehuggable
Full Member
+1 🙁
Citymed2003
New Member
I'm tier 1 also and have not heard anything sadly. Praying for good news soon 🙏Has anyone on tier 1 WL
NOT heard back yet?
neurongonewild
Full Member
HI!! r u IS or OSS?Just withdrew my Tier 1 WL spot this morning. Good luck everyone!
HI!! r u IS or OSS?
IS!
Sending good vibes to you all today!! Hopefully some movement will happen this afternoon 😊 I double checked last cycle's thread for y'all and movement was still happening at least on May 30th last year and they seem slower this year, so I don't think its over even if its not today (though definitely still plan to reapply if you gotta haha). Also remember we are approaching a holiday weekend so things may get funky bc of that too! Hang in there my friends and I hope to see you all in August !!
FYI--I also highly recommend you all look at the vaccination requirements ahead of time. I just had my Hep B titer drawn and it doesn't reach the immune threshold so I have to repeat the series--I've been told its okay as long as I have documentation I am in the process of getting re-vaccinated, but I would get started ASAP. The paperwork is due July 1st!
FYI--I also highly recommend you all look at the vaccination requirements ahead of time. I just had my Hep B titer drawn and it doesn't reach the immune threshold so I have to repeat the series--I've been told its okay as long as I have documentation I am in the process of getting re-vaccinated, but I would get started ASAP. The paperwork is due July 1st!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neurongonewild
Full Member
any movment ?
esmehuggable
Full Member
I’m honestly starting to loss hope 😓
Citymed2003
New Member
Any new updates?
alteredstate
Full Member
I wonder if they’re calling people but no one has reported on sdn