2023-2024 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys can anyone give some insight into how their interview went, my interview is coming up soon? Was it chill with relatively easy basic questions or did they grill you hard with tough questions? also how did you guys go about prepping?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys can anyone give some insight into how their interview went, my interview is coming up soon? Was it chill with relatively easy basic questions or did they grill you hard with tough questions? also how did you guys go about prepping?
My first interviewer was super chill. They asked me a couple of "tell me about a time when..." type of questions, and the rest most mostly just a relaxed conversation about my experiences, my interests and hobbies, etc. My second interviewer was pretty serious though, and really grilled me with numerous questions relating to how I know I *really* want to be a physician, why I thought I'd be good at being a doctor, how I would handle certain difficult situations with patients, etc. They even brought up a super minor grammar error in one of my secondary essays and suggested that I correct it because it was a bad look to make grammar errors. I honestly thought I bombed the second interview because of how tough the interviewer grilled me. I ended up with an A as a low-stat applicant, though, so I guess it didn't go as badly as I thought. It seems like it just depends on who's interviewing you.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone- recently got the A but it’s been a while since my interview day, does anyone remember what OUWB provides to their students (laptop, iPad, backpack, etc)? Totally remember them going over this but my memories blanking.
From what I recall from my interview day: Mac, Apple Pencil, and iPad. They didn't mention the exact model/gen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where to find (if it's available) how many IIs are left? Wayne State has a tracker so I was wondering if this school has the same. IS and would love to attend here.

Does anyone know where to find (if it's available) how many IIs are left? Wayne State has a tracker so I was wondering if this school has the same. IS and would love to attend here.
It doesn't say how many IIs are left, but they do have an admissions tracker on their website where it tells you how many people they've interviewed and how many offers they've made so far. There are 125 seats, and it looks like they've given out 175 offers as of the beginning of last week, so I'd imagine they're going to be starting to wind down soon.

Historically give 500 II, so there are 66 left (probably less since it hasn't updated to account for this weeks invites).

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't say how many IIs are left, but they do have an admissions tracker on their website where it tells you how many people they've interviewed and how many offers they've made so far. There are 125 seats, and it looks like they've given out 175 offers as of the beginning of last week, so I'd imagine they're going to be starting to wind down soon.
Thank you for the insight! Sadness

Hi guys where do we email our thank you letter? I believe they said to the admissions email but wanted to make sure.

OOS A about ten minutes ago. This is my first A I’m still shaking with shock.
Secondary complete 9/3, II 11/26, interview the 2nd week of December

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
IS WL this morning :/ Completed first week of September and interviewed early December. I'm hoping this school moves fast with the waitlist because I would donate a kidney for a spot here

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II 1/22, complete 8/8 :rofl: hoping they give out more As🤯
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 10.47.13 AM.png

Does anyone know if attending the diversity panel affects decisions at all? Has anyone gotten in that hasn't attended it?

Does anyone know if attending the diversity panel affects decisions at all? Has anyone gotten in that hasn't attended it?
I didn't attend, and I was accepted. I'd say attend if you think it would be informative or helpful for you. Otherwise, no need to go.

I think Oakland is done cuz they have hit 500 IIs. Last year they had no IIs in Feb.

OOS II, LM 70, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
anyone IS still waiting to hear back?? submitted early July with no word yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview in a few weeks. Graduated in june'23. If I received the interview does that mean I satisfied the required course work? I didn't complete a college level stats class only AP. So wondering if I satisfied that requirement.

I have an interview in a few weeks. Graduated in june'23. If I received the interview does that mean I satisfied the required course work? I didn't complete a college level stats class only AP. So wondering if I satisfied that requirement.
No they expect you to do so before you matriculate so I would call them and check. However, I would wait for an A because they may give you the opportunity to defer if you didnt get in anywhere else

No they expect you to do so before you matriculate so I would call them and check. However, I would wait for an A because they may give you the opportunity to defer if you didnt get in anywhere else
Thank you!

OOS A! First A, super excited! Can someone send the link to the accepted students groupme?

• Love
Can someone also share the accepted students groupme with me?