2024-2025 Oklahoma

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,

I'm the current MS student working with admissions who joined on here a few weeks ago, but I just wanted to share a quick update. Based on what admissions said this week, it seems like they are essentially done offering spots for the OKC track at this point for those waitlisted as this track has reached maximum capacity. The 167 people they have selected for the OKC track have already indicated a strong interest and intent to matriculate through the "Plan to Enroll" option. Admissions have mentioned that it is VERY UNLIKELY we will see any waitlist movement at all for the OKC track.

I know this may be tough to hear but just wanted to give a clearer picture of where things currently stand. Wishing all of you on here the best!
 
Last edited:
Hey folks,

I'm the current MS student working with admissions who joined on here a few weeks ago, but I just wanted to share a quick update. Based on what admissions said this week, it seems like they are essentially done offering spots for the OKC track at this point for those waitlisted as this track has reached maximum capacity. The 167 people they have selected for the OKC track have already indicated a strong interest and intent to matriculate through the "Plan to Enroll" option. Admissions have mentioned that it is VERY UNLIKELY we will see any waitlist movement at all for the OKC track.

I know this may be tough to hear but just wanted to give a clearer picture of where things currently stand. Wishing all of you on here the best!
As a waitlisted OKC track student, I really appreciate the transparency. Thank you for letting us know
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. 202 is the combined number for this cycle; last year's was 188. There are 167 spots for the OKC track for this year and 35 for the Tulsa track. They sent out extra acceptances since they anticipated some of the students would decline their offer. So, a lot of spots were already being accounted for before the waitlist even came into play and admissions are now saying the OKC track has reached full capacity.
 
Do you know when they’ll start letting people off the waitlist? I’m assuming it will be after the Plan to Commit opens on April 30 but I didn’t know if it would take a while for them to update us about where we stand. Thanks for your transparency about all of this.
 
Yes. 202 is the combined number for this cycle; last year's was 188. There are 167 spots for the OKC track for this year and 35 for the Tulsa track. They sent out extra acceptances since they anticipated some of the students would decline their offer. So, a lot of spots were already being accounted for before the waitlist even came into play and admissions are now saying the OKC track has reached full capacity.
Do you have any insight into when they’ll start removing people from the waitlist? It would be nice (especially if they’re pretty certain there’s not going to be any movement) if they let the waitlisted people know (and obviously keep the top 30 or 50 people or however much of a safety net they still want) and let the other 200 of us know to stop holding out. I’ve heard there’s 200-300 people on the waitlist. Sounds like there’s no reason to keep us in the dark any longer other than a small group of us. Do you know anything about that?
 
hey guys, for other admitted students- what was the turnaround on the OU HSC application that they sent after admittance? I filled it out but haven't heard anything. I would like to kinda make sure this is solid so that I can relax. I still don't have a student ID number
 
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the late reply, I just saw these messages.

I know how stressful and uncertain this process can be, so I want to be as honest and clear as possible. From what I have been hearing, there will likely be very little, if any, movement for the OKC track waitlist, even after April 30. I will admit that admissions have been quite vague this year about communication with waitlisted students, and from what I have been gathering, it does not seem like they will notify all 200+ waitlisted people about their final status at all, even if there is a slight chance of them getting off.

A few spots did open up recently for the Tulsa SCM track and some students have already moved to enroll there. However, for OKC specifically, it’s looking increasingly unlikely that many, if any, spots will open.

I completely understand if OKC was your first choice, it’s an amazing track and it’s tough to be in this uncertain position. But here is my honest advice based off of everything we have been told: if you have another acceptance, I would strongly encourage you to move forward with it. Unfortunately, it’s looking like there will be very minimal, if any, movement for OKC, and I would hate for anyone to miss out on a great opportunity elsewhere while waiting on something that may not materialize.

Please know you’re not alone in feeling how hard this process is. No matter where you end up, I truly believe you’ll make an incredible physician. Wishing all of you so much success and happiness moving forward.
 
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the late reply, I just saw these messages.

I know how stressful and uncertain this process can be, so I want to be as honest and clear as possible. From what I have been hearing, there will likely be very little, if any, movement for the OKC track waitlist, even after April 30. I will admit that admissions have been quite vague this year about communication with waitlisted students, and from what I have been gathering, it does not seem like they will notify all 200+ waitlisted people about their final status at all, even if there is a slight chance of them getting off.

A few spots did open up recently for the Tulsa SCM track and some students have already moved to enroll there. However, for OKC specifically, it’s looking increasingly unlikely that many, if any, spots will open.

I completely understand if OKC was your first choice, it’s an amazing track and it’s tough to be in this uncertain position. But here is my honest advice based off of everything we have been told: if you have another acceptance, I would strongly encourage you to move forward with it. Unfortunately, it’s looking like there will be very minimal, if any, movement for OKC, and I would hate for anyone to miss out on a great opportunity elsewhere while waiting on something that may not materialize.

Please know you’re not alone in feeling how hard this process is. No matter where you end up, I truly believe you’ll make an incredible physician. Wishing all of you so much success and happiness moving forward.
I really appreciate all the transparency, thank you! So to understand correctly, from what you know, they aren’t planning on removing people from the waitlist/updating anybody on their status?
 
The admissions silence has been broken!
Yes, they sent the same email to all 200+ waitlisted applicants about a possible date to hear back (the window is open until July 14, but classes start July 7). I don't think they shared any numbers in the email, but everything I know about the numbers and chances for this cycle, I posted earlier in this forum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a letter from OU financial aid about cost of attendance and the loan amount I am eligible for, but I haven't been accepted, Im on the waitlist. Anyone else got this and know what it means? I did send them my fafsa stuff when I filled that out.
 
I got a letter from OU financial aid about cost of attendance and the loan amount I am eligible for, but I haven't been accepted, Im on the waitlist. Anyone else got this and know what it means? I did send them my fafsa stuff when I filled that out.

Yeah I got the same letter and called the financial aid office to ask about it. I guess they proactively sent that out to everyone who filled out the FAFSA for next year and selected OU to receive that application. They sent it even if you’re on the waitlist.
 
Hey everyone!

I hope you all are doing well, I'm the MS at OU that was posting a few weeks ago on here.

It seems like a few people are getting off the waitlist for Tulsa campus only while things remain quiet for OKC. Now that we’re past the April 30 “Commit to Enroll” deadline, I hope those of you still on the waitlist have been able to lock in backup offers, especially those waitlisted for OKC.
I know someone that got off the WL for OKC tho?
 
OOS A (with strong state ties) off the WL to OKC this morning! Interviewed in September and so so relieved and ecstatic to finally be accepted after months of anxiety and despair. According to Jessica, a lot of people held onto their seats last minute and they finally opened up their waitlist last Thursday.

Hoping for the best for everyone else still waiting!!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS A (with strong state ties) off the WL to OKC this morning! Interviewed in September and so so relieved and ecstatic to finally be accepted after months of anxiety and despair. According to Jessica, a lot of people held onto their seats last minute and they finally opened up their waitlist on Thursday.

Hoping for the best for everyone else still waiting!!!
So happy for you!! Hoping more spots keep opening🤞🤞
 
Hi All! I just wanted to reach out to see if there was accepted students (class of 2029) GroupMe or Facebook group? If so, could anyone DM a link? Praying for everyone and see y'all in July!
 
Hi All! I just wanted to reach out to see if there was accepted students (class of 2029) GroupMe or Facebook group? If so, could anyone DM a link? Praying for everyone and see y'all in July!
There is one! The admissions office sent me an email w/ a preview day powerpoint etc. and all those important links after I called them, so I would definitely reach out!
 
I am currently still on the waitlist for OU, but I was accepted off another waitlist last week at my top choice. Do I need to remove myself from the OU waitlist? if so, how do I do that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I said something similar earlier, but will say again after seeing this past month's posts. The negativity is surprising to me. I have had nothing but amazing interactions with every aspect of the OU COM staff and students. With the concern of the new curriculum, I would encourage everyone to do their own research. Everything they are implementing has been done at other schools and has worked, allowing students to perform better on STEP 2. Many schools have used the reverse lecture scholar rx modules, multiple schools have their curriculum where you take STEP 1 & 2 within 6 months of each other. It is scary because it is new, but it is clear what their purpose is with this new curriculum and admitted student makeup: they are trying to make the school more prestigious by following the footsteps of some of the cutting edge, top 50 schools.
And what exactly is this new curriculum..?