You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you receive a II, or are you still waiting for one? cuz I am still waiting from a II but I did not receive that emailJust got the email saying that due to unforeseen circumstances the evaluation process is taking longer than usual….. 💀💀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is post interviewDid you receive a II, or are you still waiting for one? cuz I am still waiting from a II but I did not receive that email
beepboopboopbop
Full Member
IS II today! Submitted my secondary in August
OOS A just how <3
Congratulations!!OOS A just now!
OOS Interview invite this morning! Extremely strong ties (born and raised Ohioan, but moved to MD for a fellowship!). Sent a second update last week FYI! (Edit to add for future neurotic people: Primary transmitted first day of season, received secondary 7/23, completed by secondary 7/24, first update/interest letter last week of November--not super substantial, second update p substantial mid-late Feb...A lesson: don't give up hope and send updates).
Last edited:
OOS Interview invite this morning! Extremely strong ties (born and raised Ohioan, but moved to MD for a fellowship!). Sent a second update last week FYI!
Fancy seeing you here! Congrats!!
That guy is everywhere 😁Fancy seeing you here! Congrats!!
OOS II with ties (sister lives there) so excited! Any idea what the interview to acceptance turnaround is?
OMG! The gang is back together 😉 So happy for you! It isn't over for us!!!!!Fancy seeing you here! Congrats!!
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
OOS II tuesday
Received an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, accepting the acceptance shouldn't be binding but it is required if you want to keep it. It's just you telling the school that you'd like to hold onto it for now. Most schools don't require you to commit until after/around those April deadlinesReceived an A. Is the two week acceptance decision a requirement? What if we take longer than 2 weeks from the acceptance email to accept? I thought we had until April 15 to narrow it down to 3 med schools and then April 30 to narrow it down to 1?
I'm concerned that there's no chance we will be able to compare financial aid packages, which often come in the next couple months, in the chance any is offered beyond federal loans.
Congrats to everyone who has gotten an A! Can't wait for you to join us 🙂 For those still waiting, don't fear! My timeline last year looked like this:
2/20: Interview Offer
3/4: Interview
5/7: Email saying the decision is taking longer than they thought
5/22: A
I am extremely happy here at Toledo, if anyone has questions feel free to reach out!
2/20: Interview Offer
3/4: Interview
5/7: Email saying the decision is taking longer than they thought
5/22: A
I am extremely happy here at Toledo, if anyone has questions feel free to reach out!
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
Wow 5/22 is so long... I will have retaken the MCAT by then 😢 I hope it doesn't take that longCongrats to everyone who has gotten an A! Can't wait for you to join us 🙂 For those still waiting, don't fear! My timeline last year looked like this:
2/20: Interview Offer
3/4: Interview
5/7: Email saying the decision is taking longer than they thought
5/22: A
I am extremely happy here at Toledo, if anyone has questions feel free to reach out!
mdhereicome25
New Member
Is there an accepted students GroupMe?
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
D
deleted1211354
+1 OOS II
FYI to those with recent II: They told us at my interview 3/11 we would likely not receive decisions until mid May (consistent with what the current student above experienced). Just letting y'all know so you aren't *as* upset when they tell you its gonna take 5ever at the interview day 😅 I'm guessing they hope people will have started withdrawing by then... feels like being WL lowkey. Kinda messed up imo since those of us who may be reapplying will likely have started our new primary apps by then...
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
D
deleted1211354
Same, sucks that I’ll still need to prep for reapp but still grateful to have a II. Manifesting good vibes for everyone😎Thank you, I've been prepping for early June to get the decision back after looking through a couple of previous forums it is definitely a bit of a wait, we go this though.🙂
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
Is anyone not from the Ohio area planning to go to UToledo's Second Look Day? I've heard Toledo doesn't have a traditional airport that's easy to fly into from many places so many people end up flying into Detroit and driving an hour to Toledo. Is that correct?
I really enjoyed my interview day and the pre-interview events and would love to check it out further. People seemed extremely friendly, helpful, and down to earth and I'd love to go to Second Look Day but it's back to back days with another school I'm thinking of going to for Second Look Day too. I don't know if it'll be logistically feasible under such a really tight timeframe coming from out of state visiting another school (in Wisconsin and I'm not from either Wisconsin or Ohio). Would it be too tight, you think?
I really enjoyed my interview day and the pre-interview events and would love to check it out further. People seemed extremely friendly, helpful, and down to earth and I'd love to go to Second Look Day but it's back to back days with another school I'm thinking of going to for Second Look Day too. I don't know if it'll be logistically feasible under such a really tight timeframe coming from out of state visiting another school (in Wisconsin and I'm not from either Wisconsin or Ohio). Would it be too tight, you think?
Last edited:
I'm assuming the second look day is only for admitted applicants? I would love to go but will not have gotten my decision by then 🙁 ughIs anyone not from the Ohio area planning to go to UToledo's Second Look Day? I've heard Toledo doesn't have a traditional airport that's easy to fly into from many places so many people end up flying into Detroit and driving an hour to Toledo. Is that correct?
I really enjoyed my interview day and the pre-interview events and would love to check it out further. People seemed extremely friendly, helpful, and down to earth and I'd love to go to Second Look Day but it's back to back days with another school I'm thinking of going to for Second Look Day too. I don't know if it'll be logistically feasible under such a really tight timeframe coming from out of state (Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I'm not from either Wisconsin or Ohio). Would it be too tight, you think?
I'm assuming the second look day is only for admitted applicants? I would love to go but will not have gotten my decision by then 🙁 ugh
I think so.
This doesn't answer your question, but have you thought of scheduling a tour of UToledo in lieu of the Second Look Day? Not sure if the other school does those as well, but if both do, I personally would choose the school I am favoring for the formal Second Look Day and schedule a tour for the other school on a different weekend so you can truly explore the cities as well as the school 🙂Is anyone not from the Ohio area planning to go to UToledo's Second Look Day? I've heard Toledo doesn't have a traditional airport that's easy to fly into from many places so many people end up flying into Detroit and driving an hour to Toledo. Is that correct?
I really enjoyed my interview day and the pre-interview events and would love to check it out further. People seemed extremely friendly, helpful, and down to earth and I'd love to go to Second Look Day but it's back to back days with another school I'm thinking of going to for Second Look Day too. I don't know if it'll be logistically feasible under such a really tight timeframe coming from out of state (Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I'm not from either Wisconsin or Ohio). Would it be too tight, you think?
catlover222
Full Member
does anyone know when/if they send out merit based scholarship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your reply actually answers my question in a really great way because I was thinking the same thing. So you answered it in a way in which if I wasn’t able to make it to my next choice school and in a kind of a psychic way lol.This doesn't answer your question, but have you thought of scheduling a tour of UToledo in lieu of the Second Look Day? Not sure if the other school does those as well, but if both do, I personally would choose the school I am favoring for the formal Second Look Day and schedule a tour for the other school on a different weekend so you can truly explore the cities as well as the school 🙂
That’s totally my thinking. With the next choice school, no formal presentations but at least a campus tour probably and also the perspective of one of the current students hopefully.
Great minds think alike. Thanks a ton for your response!
Can confirm, most people fly into DTW and then make the 45 min-1 hr drive to Toledo.Is anyone not from the Ohio area planning to go to UToledo's Second Look Day? I've heard Toledo doesn't have a traditional airport that's easy to fly into from many places so many people end up flying into Detroit and driving an hour to Toledo. Is that correct?
I really enjoyed my interview day and the pre-interview events and would love to check it out further. People seemed extremely friendly, helpful, and down to earth and I'd love to go to Second Look Day but it's back to back days with another school I'm thinking of going to for Second Look Day too. I don't know if it'll be logistically feasible under such a really tight timeframe coming from out of state (Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I'm not from either Wisconsin or Ohio). Would it be too tight, you think?
If you can’t make Second Look, would highly recommend the tour! The Ambassadors are truly helpful and it gives you some flexibility depending on what you decide/plan.
I am sorry ): In case it provides any consolation, I am neurotic and have scrolled through past year SDNs, etc and they seem to have historically taken a good chunk from the WL (probably not until mid-end of May or even June since they are still going to be sending initial decisions until then). Fingers crossed for you <3OOS Post II AL/WL 🙁
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
Should I be waiting to get AL/WL to send LOI or should I send it now if my interview was 2 weeks ago and I really would like to go here? I have no other A's so...
I would send it now if you know its where you want to go considering they likely won't give you a decision for multiple more weeks regardless.Should I be waiting to get AL/WL to send LOI or should I send it now if my interview was 2 weeks ago and I really would like to go here? I have no other A's so...
(To add bc the below comment is typically true, with Toledo taking so long to give decisions that PTE is already going to be required for students accepted at other schools by the time some of us hear back, my perspective is that for this school specifically us being in limbo for so long is low key like being on a WL at other schools).
Last edited:
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
Still haven't heard anything from this school...can I just assume that this is a R?
yeah i’m wondering the same thingStill haven't heard anything from this school...can I just assume that this is a R?
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
Someone got one as recent as 3/25 so you never know, but also on cycletrack last year they started their multi-day mass-reject today. I would send a hail mary update if you have one/haven't sent one in a while to see if it could make a difference. Good luck!anyone know if they are done sending IIs?
cgilles2025
Full Member
Pre-II rejection just now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this school still sending IIs?
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
premedmichigan11
Full Member
Anyone know when financial aid packages get sent out?