You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Toledo
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1Finally got the OOS pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mdhereicome25
New Member
I got mine this morning. Was accepted 11/6Anyone know when financial aid packages get sent out?
MYOsin_guy16
Full Member
OOS (Mass) Pre-II-R
Stupid question...Is the alternate pool the same thing as the waitlist...do they have both for toledo or just the alternate ? Thank you!
Those terms have been used interchangeably at every school I have heard of. Would be shocked if any school used them differently, and if they did, I bet they would tell people the difference.Stupid question...Is the alternate pool the same thing as the waitlist...do they have both for toledo or just the alternate ? Thank you!
veggie.veg
Full Member
Withdrew OOS A good luck everyone!
GoryVirus 77
Full Member
Withdrew instate A. Good luck all!
A few people think this may be true (in general, idk about UToledo), but adcoms seem to concur on here that it is an unfounded pre-med speculation. I've never seen any definitive proof that this happens, and staying on a WL means you remain interested in the school so there is no reason they should view you any different if you have an A elsewhere (if people stay on a WL for somewhere they know they won't attend thats really crummy of them and I hope only a tiny minority of WL people would do something like that).Does UToledo give preference to waitlisted students who have no acceptances? I wonder if having plan to enroll for another school on AMCAS would have an impact on whether to take a student off a waitlist or not.
If you are saying this bc you have another A, absolutely do not hold off on PTE and risk losing your A at the tiny off chance it makes a difference. You could also send a LOI if you are worried and want to re-emphasize you truly will attend if given an offer. If you say this with no other A, I am in the same boat of wishful thinking lol, but I would try not to overthink it bc truly no one knows and I highly doubt a school would ever admit they do something like that.
anonymousorange321
Full Member
Have any of you guys interviewed in February and not heard back from UT at all? I don’t even know if I’m on the waitlist and don’t know if I should have any hope at this point? I contacted admissions and they said I would hear back in two weeks but that was in April…
Have any of you guys interviewed in February and not heard back from UT at all? I don’t even know if I’m on the waitlist and don’t know if I should have any hope at this point? I contacted admissions and they said I would hear back in two weeks but that was in April…
If you look at last cycle on SDN. It looks like that happened too and a lot of people who interviewed late got accepted mid May. It looks like their decisions were also delayed.
anonymousorange321
Full Member
Ok thank you so much!If you look at last cycle on SDN. It looks like that happened too and a lot of people who interviewed late got accepted mid May. It looks like their decisions were also delayed.
enterprise3289
New Member
For anyone who cares the GroupMe currently has 109 people in it, there has been a lot of movement (people leaving it) this past week. Toledo takes 175
I scrolled through last years SDN too, and they let some people off the WL before even giving initial decisions to some late interviewees which is brutal 😵Hopefully people withdraw from WL + pre-final decision if they know they are choosing somewhere else and maybe movement could happen sooner (wishful thinking ik lol).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
chickennugget54
New Member
OOS A today, interviewed early march. Good luck to everyone else!
D
deleted1211354
OOS A, interviewed 03/25. Sending good vibes to everyone!
Congratulations to everyone who got an A!!! Are these As off the WL ?
chickennugget54
New Member
No, wasn’t put on WL. Simply got the A email about 9 weeks post interviewCongratulations to everyone who got an A!!! Are these As off the WL ?
D
deleted1211354
Never put on the WL either!Congratulations to everyone who got an A!!! Are these As off the WL ?
OOS A (but I think I qualify as IS bc I am originally from OH) just now! Interviewed 3/11 (never waitlisted). I just got off a WL yesterday somewhere else so I have a decision to make and will report back if I withdraw--FYI you get 5 days to decide (PTE)! Best of luck to everyone!!
Last edited:
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
I decided to decline the offer and withdrew my app! Best of luck to the WL (and people still waiting on initial decisions), this was a tough decision and UToledo is a great school!!OOS A (but I think I qualify as IS bc I am originally from OH) just now! Interviewed 3/11 (never waitlisted). I just got off a WL yesterday somewhere else so I have a decision to make and will report back if I withdraw--FYI you get 5 days to decide (PTE)! Best of luck to everyone!!
Doctor_Ben
New Member
OOS A this morning! Interviewed 3/20. Wishing good things to everyone else waiting!
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
Rip im OOS and interviewed like over a week before you lmao not a good sign probablyOOS A this morning! Interviewed 3/20. Wishing good things to everyone else waiting!
so excited for you though!!!
Before I got accepted last week, I saw a bunch of people getting accepted that interviewed after me.Rip im OOS and interviewed like over a week before you lmao not a good sign probably
so excited for you though!!!
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
Oh ok. Some reassurance. Thank you! Hoping for the best...Before I got accepted last week, I saw a bunch of people getting accepted that interviewed after me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catlover12
New Member
Does anyone know what the current accepted class size is at the moment? Am currently on the WL and hoping for an update 🙂
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
OOS WL today, Interviewed 3/13.
Pretty devastated. Guess I'm not going to medical school this year.
Pretty devastated. Guess I'm not going to medical school this year.
mm.1
New Member
What do you do if your A in another school that starts late June, and you didn't hear back from WL at UToledo until July?
Is there a way to contact Admission for a definitive answer before committing to my other A?
Kinda overthinking what I should do given UToledo is my top choice. Any advice would help 🙂 Thank uu!
Is there a way to contact Admission for a definitive answer before committing to my other A?
Kinda overthinking what I should do given UToledo is my top choice. Any advice would help 🙂 Thank uu!
What do you do if your A in another school that starts late June, and you didn't hear back from WL at UToledo until July?
Is there a way to contact Admission for a definitive answer before committing to my other A?
Kinda overthinking what I should do given UToledo is my top choice. Any advice would help 🙂 Thank uu!
I think you should contact UToledo and ask them just that. Not for a definitive answer. But let them know they re your top choice but need to commit to your other school by June. Ask for advice on how to proceed as you would like to remain on that waitlist and get the best chance at a possible acceptance. See what they say.
Spidey2002
Full Member
+1 Application withdrawal over the weekend. Best wishes to those waiting on decisions or sitting in agony on the waitlist!! 🙂🙏
beepboopboopbop
Full Member
Withdrew my application of Friday! Good luck to everyone!
anonymousorange321
Full Member
The class groupchat has 115 people right now and the class size from last year was 176 so I’m guessing there should be movement!Does anyone know what the current accepted class size is at the moment? Am currently on the WL and hoping for an update 🙂
catlover12
New Member
Thank you so much! I recently reached out to admissions and they responded the majority of the movement likely will be between mid-June and mid-July and that the class will be set by the first week of August. So I guess there's still a little bit of a wait :/The class groupchat has 115 people right now and the class size from last year was 176 so I’m guessing there should be movement!
Congratulations!!!!!
Hopefully, we get some OOS As too
Hopefully, we get some OOS As too
pipettepiper123
New Member
OOS A off the waitlist, interviewed 2/13!
This is a dream come true, I had been dreading that I’d have to go through another app cycle.
This is a dream come true, I had been dreading that I’d have to go through another app cycle.
Last edited:
ofincidentallymetric
Full Member
Same!!OOS A off the waitlist, interviewed 2/13!
This is a dream come true, I had been dreading that I’d have to go through another app cycle.
+1 A off OOS WL last week. so so so happy.
mm.1
New Member
Thank you sm! Since I've got nothing to lose at this point, why not push this last time right haha 🙂I think you should contact UToledo and ask them just that. Not for a definitive answer. But let them know they re your top choice but need to commit to your other school by June. Ask for advice on how to proceed as you would like to remain on that waitlist and get the best chance at a possible acceptance. See what they say.
OOS A interviewed April 15th. Kinda surprised since it’s so late but lfg
Has there been any recent waitlist movement, or is the class size full? 😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
~Balthazar~
Full Member
-
Last edited:
beetsandbears
New Member
IS WL... does anyone know the current class size?
tristanb02
Full Member
A from the waitlist. Interviews in November
tristanb02
Full Member
Does anybody know their dress code?