-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 U Houston (Fertitta)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ricefanatic
Full Member
congrats! when were you complete and LM?IS II Received
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
Congrats! That's pretty surprising since they mentioned in their "Your Application is Complete" email that II would begin on August 12thIS II Received
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary submitted 7/28congrats! when were you complete and LM?
Pressure from other schools issuing IIs.Congrats! That's pretty surprising since they mentioned in their "Your Application is Complete" email that II would begin on August 12th
IS II Received
+1 IS! Were you able to pick an interview date? It won’t let me.
Hahaha they probably were ready earlier than they thought and just sent one as a pleasant surprise.Pressure from other schools issuing IIs.
Much better than being late past their stated date of the 12th and having lots of calls & emails!
No, it looks like not open yet+1 IS! Were you able to pick an interview date? It won’t let me.
Redneck Doc
Full Member
Is there a chance they still send secondaries? Applied TMDSAS on 5/29
Yes they are one of the schools that takes time to read what you have said and done in your primary to select applicants to complete the secondary. It will take some timeIs there a chance they still send secondaries? Applied TMDSAS on 5/29
I’m wondering the same thing. I still have not received a secondary but saw on here other people received secondaries even though the primary was submitted later than mine.Is there a chance they still send secondaries? Applied TMDSAS on 5/29
Hope this is the case 🤞Yes they are one of the schools that takes time to read what you have said and done in your primary to select applicants to complete the secondary. It will take some time
yip_yip
Full Member
Yeah I got one today sumbitted 6/19Is there a chance they still send secondaries? Applied TMDSAS on 5/29
When they built this school, they wanted to save money, so they convinced themselves to only build enough parking for everyone except for those on rotations. The issue is that they have mandatory lectures, even for those on rotations, so there is no parking if you're a 2-3rd year. You will have to pay 700+ during the school year, and maybe 50-200 during the summer for parking away from the medical school itself.
Make sure to factor this in to your budgets.
Make sure to factor this in to your budgets.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ava_monster
New Member
Has anyone received an interview invite this week? I'm starting to feel crazy checking my email lol
They said they're starting this week, so I guess it has to be either Thursday or Friday.Has anyone received an interview invite this week? I'm starting to feel crazy checking my email lol
Iceberg123
Full Member
What time do med schools send their IIs or is it random? I am also waiting anxiously lmao.
They said they're starting this week, so I guess it has to be either Thursday or Friday.
Its a bit random, I wanna say normally in the PM like after 12, but it varies.What time do med schools send their IIs or is it random? I am also waiting anxiously lmao.
Iceberg123
Full Member
Hmm that’s weird, isn’t the med school closed after like 5? Or is it a machine that sends it after they review your fileIts a bit random, I wanna say normally in the PM like after 12, but it varies.
Don't you think they sometimes have meetings after the workday, when phones are no longer ringing and their daytime tasks are done?Hmm that’s weird, isn’t the med school closed after like 5? Or is it a machine that sends it after they review your file
Iceberg123
Full Member
I mean I certainly wouldn’t want to work after hours lmao
Are you sure you’re heading for the right career? 😳I mean I certainly wouldn’t want to work after hours lmao
Iceberg123
Full Member
Saving people yeah, reading thousands of essays no.Are you sure you’re heading for the right career? 😳
But anyway, what I’m getting is that it is completely random and there’s no specific time I should be looking at my email
Does everyone get secondaries from UH? I got secondaries back and I submitted them yesterday. I’m an OOS so I wanted to gauge if I made the right decision to apply. LM 65.5 and my application fits pretty well with the mission.
D
deleted1177773
This year is the first year they said they were screening secondaries so we will seeDoes everyone get secondaries from UH? I got secondaries back and I submitted them yesterday. I’m an OOS so I wanted to gauge if I made the right decision to apply. LM 65.5 and my application fits pretty well with the mission.
II+1!!
Unfortunately the current open interview days do not work for me. Would it be appropriate to wait until more interview days open up in September? Or should I email admissions regarding this? Thank you for the help!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email them and ask for an alternate date, don't be passive in this process.Unfortunately the current open interview days do not work for me. Would it be appropriate to wait until more interview days open up in September? Or should I email admissions regarding this? Thank you for the help!
" Upon receiving an invitation to interview, applicants will have 30 days to schedule their interview time with the Admissions Office."
What do you mean "they don't work for me" though? You don't have to post your response here, but be sure it's a "real reason" like having a test or lab at college that you can't miss, or having another interview commitment. Not things like being too nervous because it's your first interview.
I wish all schools were this accommodating. Some schools are very strict about the dates and do not give 30 days. 🙁 hopefully, UHCOM is flexible.Email them and ask for an alternate date, don't be passive in this process.
" Upon receiving an invitation to interview, applicants will have 30 days to schedule their interview time with the Admissions Office."
What do you mean "they don't work for me" though? You don't have to post your response here, but be sure it's a "real reason" like having a test or lab at college that you can't miss, or having another interview commitment. Not things like being too nervous because it's your first interview.
firesign08
Full Member
+I II IS. Complete 7/23 LM 77
For those who got interviews, was there a confirmation on the time of the interview? I selected a date, but the confirmation email/instructions did not specify the time of day the interview will be :/
For those who got interviews, was there a confirmation on the time of the interview? I selected a date, but the confirmation email/instructions did not specify the time of day the interview will be :/
Congrats! No specific time just yet, as they stated more details will follow later. Just assume for now that the entire day is taken.+I II IS. Complete 7/23 LM 77
For those who got interviews, was there a confirmation on the time of the interview? I selected a date, but the confirmation email/instructions did not specify the time of day the interview will be :/
it seems like so far that those who got an II submitted before August. Is there any August submission days?
Edit: Due to my field of research as well as location, UH is one of my top choices. When would it be appropriate to send some sort of letter to express my interest in this school?
Edit: Due to my field of research as well as location, UH is one of my top choices. When would it be appropriate to send some sort of letter to express my interest in this school?
Last edited:
Iceberg123
Full Member
I think just wait this/ next week, it seems they are just going through the dates and they are slowly getting to Augustit seems like so far that those who got an II submitted before August. Is there any August submission days?
Edit: Due to my field of research as well as location, UH is one of my top choices. When would it be appropriate to send some sort of letter to express my interest in this school?
Just got an email from them stating that they forgot to add options for time preference. There's a morning and afternoon session, and they ask you to email a certain person with your preference.+I II IS. Complete 7/23 LM 77
For those who got interviews, was there a confirmation on the time of the interview? I selected a date, but the confirmation email/instructions did not specify the time of day the interview will be :/
Are the interviews virtual this cycle?Just got an email from them stating that they forgot to add options for time preference. There's a morning and afternoon session, and they ask you to email a certain person with your preference.
Yes they are.Are the interviews virtual this cycle?
D
deleted1185078
IS Secondary received just now.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
TMDSAS verified 8/20, IS Secondary received 8/21
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
My application hasn't been marked complete yet as I've not completed the secondary yet. My primary was received on 8/20, and the secondary came the following day!Out of curiosity, when was your application marked as complete by UH
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted an email to them with documentation about a fee waiver early August but just submitted it a couple of days later because they had not responded to my multiple emails. Hopefully i can ask for a refund but eh idk i say bite the bullet if you can.Anybody having a hard time getting a response from this school. I completed my secondary in 2 days and am ready to submit but no one has answered multiple emails and calls I’ve left regarding the fee waiver request. I don’t want this to drag my submission
Iceberg123
Full Member
id just bite the bullet and send it like he said. It is a new med school and they are probably overwhelmed already.Anybody having a hard time getting a response from this school. I completed my secondary in 2 days and am ready to submit but no one has answered multiple emails and calls I’ve left regarding the fee waiver request. I don’t want this to drag my submission
Better than AMCAS which charges you for each school you add on the primary appWonder why we have to pay all these guys while we already paid TMDAS once .. This is just crazy
Texas saves you $$ up front with any or all schools included for one fee