You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
+1 OOS II!
iluvpickles
New Member
+1 OOS DD, interviewed in December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oos II!
Last edited:
cubsandhawks
Full Member
For those that got II, did your status change on your application from received to under review?
Did anyone who got invited via email to join the accepted students Facebook click the link to join and then the group disappeared? I clicked to join, it brought me to the page, and now I cant find the group and the link is in-active.
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Anyone know the ideal timeline I should submit my campus selection statement by? I know I'm kind of locked in once I submit it so want to be sure of my selection. I interviewed 1/31. Should I still be okay if I submit it in the next 2 weeks or so?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Sooner the better. They said they can’t release the decision until the campus selection is made. So you’re delaying the decision.Anyone know the ideal timeline I should submit my campus selection statement by? I know I'm kind of locked in once I submit it so want to be sure of my selection. I interviewed 1/31. Should I still be okay if I submit it in the next 2 weeks or so?
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Thank you! Juggling lots of different stressful personal circumstances at the moment, so just have not had the time to sit down to review my notes. Definitely aiming to finalize my pro/con list for each by the end of the weekendSooner the better. They said they can’t release the decision until the campus selection is made. So you’re delaying the decision.

toxvermont
Full Member
Interviewed 9/6, DD October. Sent interest letter 3 weeks ago. Still radio silence. Really wish the school I attended undergrad at and work for would actually accept me :/
I wish u luck. It’s so sad how desperate we can feel and how little it can matter or affect anything
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1193133
Are they done sending interview invites? I haven’t heard anything since I submitted in July :/
PotatoBean
Full Member
Literally three posts up is someone who got an interview invite in the last couple of daysAre they done sending interview invites? I haven’t heard anything since I submitted in July :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they release financial aid/packages?
April and then rolling.Does anyone know when they release financial aid/packages?
neuro-nerd
New Member
+OOS II
cannot believe it, only date to interview was this Friday 02/21
cannot believe it, only date to interview was this Friday 02/21
wallacesfrog
Full Member
+1 OOS ii 2-18
holy i just did a little tap dance at the clinic when i checked my email.
does anyone who’s interviewed know how the process is and if its pretty chill?
holy i just did a little tap dance at the clinic when i checked my email.
does anyone who’s interviewed know how the process is and if its pretty chill?
extremely relaxed and very good experience+1 OOS ii 2-18
holy i just did a little tap dance at the clinic when i checked my email.
does anyone who’s interviewed know how the process is and if its pretty chill?
worldwide1234
New Member
+1 OOS II today. Completed secondaries in 11/17.
I will unfortunately decline the offer, I wish you luck everyone, we are almost at the finish line!
I will unfortunately decline the offer, I wish you luck everyone, we are almost at the finish line!
crazymolecule4
Full Member
OOS II today 2/18!
OOS II yesterday but didn’t even see it till today because I’d given up on my cycle 😭😭😭 first interview I’m so shook???????
PotatoBean
Full Member
Niiiiiiiice. First interview congrats; that's gotta be a very welcome surprise. 🙂OOS II yesterday but didn’t even see it till today because I’d given up on my cycle 😭😭😭 first interview I’m so shook???????
hahhahaha thank you!! felt my soul leave my body frNiiiiiiiice. First interview congrats; that's gotta be a very welcome surprise. 🙂
PotatoBean
Full Member
Better bring it right back; you got an interview to prep for nowwww. 🙂hahhahaha thank you!! felt my soul leave my body fr
crazymolecule4
Full Member
I am trying to schedule my interview but the only available dates are on tuesdays. Does anyone know if they are going to open up any other dates? Tuesdays are the ONE day I can’t do it 🙁
neuro-nerd
New Member
Email the admissions committee! I think in my email there was a message at the bottom saying to contact adcom if the available days don't work. I know there is a day this Friday, maybe there is space left?I am trying to schedule my interview but the only available dates are on tuesdays. Does anyone know if they are going to open up any other dates? Tuesdays are the ONE day I can’t do it 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man, that timeline is brutal!!Interviewed and they said my interview day (within the last week) would hear back mid-April with Second Look being the next week or two after. A last minute cross-country plan flight would be crazyy expensive
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
did they say when 1/14 interviews will hear back?
That’s honestly a bit insulting. Schools should offer end of cycle acceptances compensation bc that’s just crazy
outfishing
Full Member
1/10 interview they said "end of feb" so I'm assuming sometime soon for us both? Crossing fingers! I am losing my mind!did they say when 1/14 interviews will hear back?
redexpomarker
Full Member
does anyone have an idea as to why the average student indebtedness for this school is so high compared to others? it’s $239k
EDIT: Average Medical School Debt [2024]: Student Loan Statistics it’s actually pretty close to the average
EDIT: Average Medical School Debt [2024]: Student Loan Statistics it’s actually pretty close to the average
Last edited:
isnt the avg 240k? thats the number I had in my head for some reasondoes anyone have an idea as to why the average student indebtedness for this school is so high compared to others? it’s $239k
PotatoBean
Full Member
Isn't that about the national average?does anyone have an idea as to why the average student indebtedness for this school is so high compared to others? it’s $239k
But, in short: higher percentage of OOS students (and OOS tuition), Burlington is not super cheap, a lack of resources, or institutional will, to offer more significant non-loan financial aid. About the stuff you'd expect
redexpomarker
Full Member
Average Medical School Debt [2024]: Student Loan Statistics You all are right, it’s close to the average. I guess I was looking at the averages of other schools I’ve interviewed with and UVM was by far the highest…
outfishing
Full Member
TOTAL jumpscare with the student panel email today, especially when 1/10 interviews are supposed to hear back this month
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
nah fr. they need to change the wording of that first sentence 😭😭 i’ve been fooled 6 out of 6 timesTOTAL jumpscare with the student panel email today, especially when 1/10 interviews are supposed to hear back this month
toxvermont
Full Member
I literally did my interview first week, then did their panel about weeks later. They put me on delayed decision and have sent me that same email every single month since. Jump scares me every single time bc I’m still on delayed status
Last edited by a moderator:
@toxvermont, if you are using Tapatalk app or SDN app to post, please try deleting the app, clearing the cache/history, and reinstalling it.
This should get rid of the bitmoji code barrage that shows up on your posts - thanks
This should get rid of the bitmoji code barrage that shows up on your posts - thanks
inthetrees
Full Member
OOS II!
exileinandersonville
Full Member
OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroticism
Full Member
+1 OOS II 🙂
inthetrees
Full Member
They said there's only one available date for interviewing left, and it's their last interview date. Not sure if other people got that message, but it seems like this might be it
What date was it?They said there's only one available date for interviewing left, and it's their last interview date. Not sure if other people got that message, but it seems like this might be it
inthetrees
Full Member
March 4thWhat date was it?
outfishing
Full Member
Any guesses on when next round of decisions will be? I was certain it would be today 🙁