You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Vermont
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
golgibody787
Full Member
I submitted 7/5 and haven’t heard backWhat does it mean if I submitted 8/24 and haven't heard anything but people who submitted in September are starting to hear back? Does this school usually go in order?
VINILOVER123
Full Member
What does it mean if I submitted 8/24 and haven't heard anything but people who submitted in September are starting to hear back? Does this school usually go in order?
Yea honestly it’s a bit lack of transparency in most schools. What I have gathered around from asking around is that some schools have hidden cutoffs and/or some sort of rank System. Most likely they probably gave applications a glance and still don’t know what to do. I’ll take this a W , no rejections means consideration🫠 for me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way I think about it is that they have likely put my application "on hold" and just don't inform the applicant.Yea honestly it’s a bit lack of transparency in most schools. What I have gathered around from asking around is that some schools have hidden cutoffs and/or some sort of rank System. Most likely they probably gave applications a glance and still don’t know what to do. I’ll take this a W , no rejections means consideration🫠 for me
Is it copium to expect a decision tomorrow? starting to get tired of waiting for a phone call if fridays seem to be the day
Interviewed late sept., and was told to expect a decision in November. So absolutely no chance I hear anything tomorrow? Want to be prepared just in case.
yeah i have typically heard 6-8 weeks is the avg to hear back, so that about lines upInterviewed late sept., and was told to expect a decision in November. So absolutely no chance I hear anything tomorrow? Want to be prepared just in case.
A via email, CT campus!!
+1 A OOS!!!!
Delayed Decision email today
Last edited:
DD interview on 8/28
stinkygirl203
Full Member
DD
Pandamed011
Full Member
DD :/
If it makes any of my DD friends feel better, a lot of people got accepted off of DD in past years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DDN908
Full Member
If it makes any of my DD friends feel better, a lot of people got accepted off of DD in past years.
What does DD stand for?
alchemist09
New Member
delayed decision
Just did basic MMI practice, nothing insane. The interview was very chill and the interviewers all had good follow up questions. Just speak calmly and articulate your points well you'll crush itTo everyone who interviewed here - how did you prep for interviews? How much time did you spend? Any advice you can provide? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Valerianux
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed on September 18 hear anything?
No, I'm pretty sure I remember the dean saying we should hear back early-mid November!Anyone who interviewed on September 18 hear anything?
D
deleted1193133
Submitted on 07/05. Starting to get a little worried since I haven't heard anything at all 🙁
Giving me hope as an older non trad but sadly losing hope since I didn’t realize my app wasn’t complete for 6 weeks since they didn’t get my LOR update until I realized 3-4 weeks agoInterviewed on Sept 13th. Acceptance received via email mid-day on Thursday 10/17. OOS, 40 y/o engineer non-trad.
golgibody787
Full Member
SameSubmitted on 07/05. Starting to get a little worried since I haven't heard anything at all 🙁
Relaxative
Full Member
Does anyone know when the invitation for the October 29th student panel event will be sent out? I believe this is sent to individuals who have already interviewed.
Has anyone made an accepted students chat?
just review some basic MMI practice sets and go over some ethical concepts to review. good ones to recognize are advanced directives, patient autonomy, pt rights in health care. I try to treat MMIs like a Casper test, acknowledge all sides then have a definitive position that you can discussany tips for the interview and how to prep?
mistermustachemom
Full Member
anyone can provide more details between the two campuses and your pros/cons for each?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From talking to people on both the Connecticut and Burlington campuses, Connecticut seems to be better for hands-on/independent learners. In CT, you will have more opportunities to work with patients independently (with appropriate supervision), whereas in Burlington, you will have a lot less freedom to learn hands-on during clinical years. A con of the CT campus is you'll have to move from Burlington to CT before you start clinical, which is around the same time you'd start studying for/take Step 1. However, CT campus students said they felt like they had sufficient support during this/friends from campus helped them move/stipend for moving was provided. CT campus' community is a bit more close-knit because it is smaller, but seems to have less resources in terms of student organizations. CT is better if you want access to more city life (close to NYC), whereas Burlington is better if you like a small city and outdoor activities (hiking, skiing, snowboarding, etc).anyone can provide more details between the two campuses and your pros/cons for each?
bur_covery
Full Member
same :/ even though I'm OOO LECOM is one of my top choices and I thought I was a good fit for them. Kinda sad but let us hang in there!Submitted on 07/05. Starting to get a little worried since I haven't heard anything at all 🙁
Me too! I was wondering if anyone knows when's a good time to send an update letter. I'm very interested in this school, so it worries me! I submitted my secondary in early July as well. Thanks.Submitted on 07/05. Starting to get a little worried since I haven't heard anything at all 🙁
Most schools, and I think UVM included, only want updates post II and they want it to be a substantial update from what I remember from the interviewMe too! I was wondering if anyone knows when's a good time to send an update letter. I'm very interested in this school, so it worries me! I submitted my secondary in early July as well. Thanks.
cookiemonster278
Full Member
do you think it's useless to send a letter of interest pre-II?Most schools, and I think UVM included, only want updates post II and they want it to be a substantial update from what I remember from the interview
Yes honestly I do. they said they vet their interview selections pretty thoroughly. I think from the numbers they gave last year it was 600 IIs out of 9800 applicants, so they are super specific about what they are looking for.do you think it's useless to send a letter of interest pre-II?
mistermustachemom
Full Member
for the "why this campus" how long should we be writing...?
mistermustachemom
Full Member
i have a few questions abt the campuses, if anyone who's a current student or knows a good bit abt them can answer!
I wrote two sentences about why I wanted to go to the CT campus. You could honestly get away with I prefer to go to X campus please and Im sure that would be finei have a few questions abt the campuses, if anyone who's a current student or knows a good bit abt them can answer!
Bored M1 here procrastinating after an exam. Feel free to hit me with any questions you may have about Larner!
can u talk ab the 2 campuses?Bored M1 here procrastinating after an exam. Feel free to hit me with any questions you may have about Larner!
juicy_scooby
Full Member
I was reminded when interviewing at another school recently that some adcoms do actually track every interaction you have with them. I know Larner has rolling admissions and a thorough vetting process, but I as someone who submitted way back on June 29th I decided to start the pandering process by writing a short email asking about the status of my application. I'm not sure this will be consequential, and if so not sure it'll be positive or not, but I figure I'd rather come off as a little desperate at my top choice school than come off as aloof or uninterested.
Hoping for that later-in-the-cycle interview to roll in 😍
Hoping for that later-in-the-cycle interview to roll in 😍
D
deleted1151110
I don't think emailing them asking for status can hurt! Unless applicants become annoying and weird in emailing, I really don't think it can hurt (and ofc maybe there is a chance it'll help in a way)I was reminded when interviewing at another school recently that some adcoms do actually track every interaction you have with them. I know Larner has rolling admissions and a thorough vetting process, but I as someone who submitted way back on June 29th I decided to start the pandering process by writing a short email asking about the status of my application. I'm not sure this will be consequential, and if so not sure it'll be positive or not, but I figure I'd rather come off as a little desperate at my top choice school than come off as aloof or uninterested.
Hoping for that later-in-the-cycle interview to roll in 😍
landhuman1234
Full Member
Still nothing submitted mid-august :/
I am not sure, but I think discussing the types of questions violates the nondisclosure agreement. That being said, if you look up the MMI format online and follow the advice online, I am sure you’ll be greatHow did people prepare for the MMI? Is it exclusively ethical scenarios, or will there be a good mix of behavioral and traditional questions as well? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hermoninny
Full Member
Does this school have an interview tracker or release interview invites on a specific day of the week? It’s been pretty quiet
outfishing
Full Member
It seems like in the past they use Tuesdays... but I feel like its been unusually quiet from them for the past few weeks? Even admit.com doesn't have anything recentlyDoes this school have an interview tracker or release interview invites on a specific day of the week? It’s been pretty quiet
cheesegirlpuff
Full Member
Is it a bad look to not be able to attend their student session? Unfortunately, I had a conflict.
NSFF
Full Member
Is it a bad look to not be able to attend their student session? Unfortunately, I had a conflict.
It’s fine~ it was a really chill session where they shared their experiences at different campuses. They also explicitly said that this session would not impact anything~ don’t worry!