You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Waitlist Support and Manifestation Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soontobemed_
Full Member
I don’t answer every call. I usually look out for a voicemail or caller ID.Do you guys answer every phone call? Even if it's likely spam?
Just wanted to say sorry but still hold out hope. You just never know. Also not sure I'd decline an A in hand, you might not get in next year and you could already be done with a year of school.I’m here to vent. Feeling so distraught about all this and I need a pick me up. WL at one of my top schools and it’s my only MD. I applied DO and have an A but planning to reapply anyway after some thinking. Really hoping I don’t have to reapply and just trying to manifest best case scenario for all of us. This process is so mentally draining, pretty ironic.
jigglypuff1321
Full Member
i’ve heard that some send rejections as late as september and some may just ghost youWhen not manifesting, I have wondered if schools that we are waitlisted at ever send updates? Also, do most send a rejection email eventually or is it more typical for them to never communicate again with applicants still left that they don't end up taking?
jigglypuff1321
Full Member
Manifesting that today is the day 🎊
acaringpirate
Full Member
This is the week!
"I can feel it in my nuggets"
- Chicken Joe
"I can feel it in my nuggets"
- Chicken Joe
gggooseberrychase
Full Member
Manifesting and praying for all of us!
sippingmocha
New Member
Hey everyone, I’m starting to feel pretty discouraged as I continue waiting to hear back from my only waitlist. Every day I wake up hoping for that call, but it’s been tough ending each day without any news. I’m trying to mentally prepare for the possibility of reapplying, but it’s definitely not easy. I am trying so hard to stay positive during this process 😢
I still hope for all of us here to start medical school this summer 🙏🏻
I still hope for all of us here to start medical school this summer 🙏🏻
queseralemon
Full Member
very relatable ... I oscillate between intense optimism and accepting defeat. Yesterday I sent a final letter of intent but also signed up to retake PREview. wish schools had to get back to us about waitlist decisions before the next cycle starts..Hey everyone, I’m starting to feel pretty discouraged as I continue waiting to hear back from my only waitlist. Every day I wake up hoping for that call, but it’s been tough ending each day without any news. I’m trying to mentally prepare for the possibility of reapplying, but it’s definitely not easy. I am trying so hard to stay positive during this process 😢
I still hope for all of us here to start medical school this summer 🙏🏻
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yoyo333
Full Member
omggg same with me and RWJ 😭😭😭Anyone know what's up with UCSF? Really seems to be like zero movement....it's all or nothing for me at this point lol
None of my waitlists are moving either and zero communication. It's a cruel way to go about things and as I keep saying, does not speak well for a profession that is supposed to be all about health and well being. I keep hearing from older people in it that this is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how you are treated as a student, resident and young doctor. Maybe it's a blessing I really can't afford to try again. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the idea of unanswered prayers.
any fellow TX peeps with no match? it's rough out here
UrAlmstTher
New Member
Good morning WL warriors!🫡 Lately I’ve not only been manifesting, but also envisioning what ✨“the call”✨ will be like lol. Where I’ll be, my reaction, who I’ll tell first, etc. I’m wondering if I’m alone in doing this? If not, feel free to share what “the call” might look like to you? I think it’s a great way of sending a visual out there to the universe🙂
munchkindonutbb
Full Member
Hoping today is the day 🙏
mstudentdoctor
Full Member
Sent my final letter to the school and my PI and mentor just did too!! Manifesting that it brings good news! We're staying confident, positive, and visualizing that call!!!!
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Good morning WL warriors!🫡 Lately I’ve not only been manifesting, but also envisioning what [emoji92]“the call”[emoji92] will be like lol. Where I’ll be, my reaction, who I’ll tell first, etc. I’m wondering if I’m alone in doing this? If not, feel free to share what “the call” might look like to you? I think it’s a great way of sending a visual out there to the universe🙂
I’m doing the same but with an email since my dream school has been sending emails!! I’ve been trying to get in the feeling of what that excitement will feel like and how I will celebrate!!! And then I try to focus on that feeling in my mind and body as long as I can
BabySnoopy
Full Member
I think the biggest key to manifesting is to not have even the slightest doubt that your acceptance will happen! there is no reality that exists where I do not get the acceptance to my dream school!!
D
deleted1205944
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
Your acceptance is on the way to your inbox!My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
My acceptance is on the way to my inbox!
Your acceptance is on the way to your inbox!
Your acceptance is on the way to your inbox!
queseralemon
Full Member
i know a lot of wl movement happened at the start of May. Is that also true for the start of June?
scrubadubdub23
Full Member
Depend on the school. Go to the school(s) ur waitlisted at SDN pages from last year and see if there were rounds of acceptances in June. Generally, there is a lot less movement by then… but there is still hope.i know a lot of wl movement happened at the start of May. Is that also true for the start of June?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopefulpremed567
New Member
Hoping for a call today
sienaswift37
Full Member
guys im so sick of just manifesting
on the verge of crashing out honestlyguys im so sick of just manifesting
is waitlist movement less/slower this year? or is this just how things roll? am I delusional to keep hoping???
queseralemon
Full Member
resorted to asking chatgpt to estimate my chances of getting off a WL lolon the verge of crashing out honestly
I am done being played like sloppy seconds and done making my family suffer along with me. I am going to be the best and most assertive badass medical malpractice and anti-discrimination lawyer EVER so God help anyone who got the chance to become a doctor (and hospitals too) that don't do right by their patients and also, any medical schools who discriminate against ANYONE!
Good luck to you all! Do what works best for you! Find your joy and not misery. It's been amazing sharing this journey with you all. Apparently, I am meant for a different path. 🤗
Good luck to you all! Do what works best for you! Find your joy and not misery. It's been amazing sharing this journey with you all. Apparently, I am meant for a different path. 🤗
sippingmocha
New Member
Here’s how I imagine my acceptance call 🙂Good morning WL warriors!🫡 Lately I’ve not only been manifesting, but also envisioning what ✨“the call”✨ will be like lol. Where I’ll be, my reaction, who I’ll tell first, etc. I’m wondering if I’m alone in doing this? If not, feel free to share what “the call” might look like to you? I think it’s a great way of sending a visual out there to the universe🙂
I’ll be at work when my phone rings, and I see *that* area code. My heart instantly starts racing. I step aside, pick up, and then I hear the words I’ve been waiting for… I got in. I’m in shock, then suddenly I’m crying happy tears. The first person I call is my grandpa, all the way across the world, the one who inspired me to pursue medicine and never stop chasing my dreams.
Then I call my partner, and finally my parents, to share the moment that we’ve all been waiting for so long.
May your visions be real real.Good morning WL warriors!🫡 Lately I’ve not only been manifesting, but also envisioning what ✨“the call”✨ will be like lol. Where I’ll be, my reaction, who I’ll tell first, etc. I’m wondering if I’m alone in doing this? If not, feel free to share what “the call” might look like to you? I think it’s a great way of sending a visual out there to the universe🙂
i screamed off the top of my lungs : )
- entropy
- Replies: 1,941
- Forum: Pre-Medical (MD)
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
I'm about to crash out because there was a lot of WL movement at my top choice today and I didn't get the call. Even my friend who was suffering alongside me got the call today 🙁 I just feel so defeated right now. I hope that good news is coming my way soon..
UrAlmstTher
New Member
I love these manifestations for all of you!!! And hope every single one comes true in the way you imagine.
Mine: I’m a work (which I lowkey hate lol). The phone rings and it’s ✨the call✨. I answer and get the news, and I immediately leave (not quitting, just using my PTO). I stop by my place to pick up my MCAT books (getting ready to retake), gift bags, and drive 3 hours straight to my parent’s house. I’ll hand my mom a gift bag with a shirt with the words “My favorite doctor is my daughter.” For my dad: a mug that says, “Doctor Loading….” That evening, my family and I will sit by the fire pit. And we’ll smoke smores over the flames burning my MCAT textbooks🙂
Is this healthy? Maybe, maybe not lol. But on the hard days when I see someone get off the WL who isn’t me, it helps. It gives me something momentous and uplifting to hold on to as I try and make it through this journey.
I hope you alls manifestations are able to do the same for you🤍
Mine: I’m a work (which I lowkey hate lol). The phone rings and it’s ✨the call✨. I answer and get the news, and I immediately leave (not quitting, just using my PTO). I stop by my place to pick up my MCAT books (getting ready to retake), gift bags, and drive 3 hours straight to my parent’s house. I’ll hand my mom a gift bag with a shirt with the words “My favorite doctor is my daughter.” For my dad: a mug that says, “Doctor Loading….” That evening, my family and I will sit by the fire pit. And we’ll smoke smores over the flames burning my MCAT textbooks🙂
Is this healthy? Maybe, maybe not lol. But on the hard days when I see someone get off the WL who isn’t me, it helps. It gives me something momentous and uplifting to hold on to as I try and make it through this journey.
I hope you alls manifestations are able to do the same for you🤍
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
I hope that tomorrow is the day and that all of this suffering will finally end
TOMORROW I WILL GET THE CALL
hifromvenus
Full Member
Today feels like the day..
medgirl2526
New Member
I desperately want to go into the long weekend with good news 😭 as the day winds down I get more nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gggooseberrychase
Full Member
Me too bestieI desperately want to go into the long weekend with good news 😭 as the day winds down I get more nervous
Texascatlover
Full Member
Is it our week?
Pineappleplatypus
New Member
IT IS 🙏🙏Is it our week?