2025-2026 U South Florida Morsani

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

do they only WL via mail or do you get an email as well? I put the wrong unit# on my amcas address and didnt change it until a couple days ago so i dont know if ill ever see it lol
real-life solution: go knock on the door of the person who lives at that other unit number, and ask them to let you know if they receive an important letter you are expecting in the mail :idea:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who got the accepted call last week get an email? I may have misheard but I thought we were supposed to get one.
 
I don't think I received an email from USF outside of the acceptance acknowledgment form which they sent about a week after my acceptance. I got my acceptance letter in the mail the week following my acceptance if that helps you guys out.
 
So what's the story on being WL? Does USF MCOM have good movement or are your chances of getting off basically equivalent to trying to win the lottery?
 
So what's the story on being WL? Does USF MCOM have good movement or are your chances of getting off basically equivalent to trying to win the lottery?
Was going to come and ask about this too having interviewed recently, did a bit of searching myself. Last cycle both cycle track and admit have roughly 1/3 post interview acceptances overall.

Given they interviewed 850 last year, one can expect 280 offers to go out to build a class of 130. How many if any are off WL not sure. Take this info with a grain of salt as it's not rather empirical but perhaps gives you a better idea? Certainly will defer to others as well.
 
Was going to come and ask about this too having interviewed recently, did a bit of searching myself. Last cycle both cycle track and admit have roughly 1/3 post interview acceptances overall.

Given they interviewed 850 last year, one can expect 280 offers to go out to build a class of 130. How many if any are off WL not sure. Take this info with a grain of salt as it's not rather empirical but perhaps gives you a better idea? Certainly will defer to others as well.
Admit has a bit higher Post II acceptance at 50%
 
Admit has a bit higher Post II acceptance at 50%
Screenshot 2025-12-06 at 1.26.49 AM.png
yeah it's weird. on the admit main info page, it is 50%. But if you look at the 2024-2025 there were 33/112 which is roughly 30%. Much closer to the 33% reported on cycletrack so I figured this was a better value to use. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from though.
 
yeah it's weird. on the admit main info page, it is 50%. But if you look at the 2024-2025 there were 33/112 which is roughly 30%. Much closer to the 33% reported on cycletrack so I figured this was a better value to use. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from though.
Yeah, that is self reported data on cycle track/live admit data, whereas the other data comes straight from USNEWS. However, I'm unsure if that data is last years or previous data, where USF had the other program which they recently removed.
 
Yeah, that is self reported data on cycle track/live admit data, whereas the other data comes straight from USNEWS. However, I'm unsure if that data is last years or previous data, where USF had the other program which they recently removed.
There are 26 people who reported interviews and didn't report a decision after. Can likely assume many of these were rejections, but still. Also there were some who didn't update their waitlist status. I'd imagine 50% is a decent estimate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if attendance is recorded for the optional (but highly recommended) post interview info session? Couldn't make due to work and could have sworn I sent them an email to indicate that I wouldn't be present but guess I did not. Stressing me out a little
 
Do we think the A today on admit is accurate? (Is there still hope of an A call before April for ppl who interviewed in Nov/Dec?)
 
I see a letter in USPS Informed Delivery and they never called me, so looks like it’s a WL. Ig I’ll see for sure when the mailman comes
 
+1 OOS ii, fsar to say we are interviewing for a wait list? Ive seen several people ask but no one seems to have an answer. What does the wait list movement look like.
 
+1 OOS ii, fsar to say we are interviewing for a wait list? Ive seen several people ask but no one seems to have an answer. What does the wait list movement look like.
We've been interviewing for the WL since Nov. Idk about WL movement though since they don't publish numbers
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you can either get one or 2 interviews - you're required to have a faculty interview and if there's students available you can have a student interview as well, though if you have only one you're still good to go!
 
you can either get one or 2 interviews - you're required to have a faculty interview and if there's students available you can have a student interview as well, though if you have only one you're still good to go!
Ok thank you! My email kept specifying "interviews" but only gave me one Teams link so I was confused.
 
Are Thank-You letters/Letters of Intent/Update Letters accepted? Is it better to wait for your decision before sending a letter of intent?
 
I interviewed sometime in november and the post-interview email says that decisions should come out 6-8 weeks post interview. It's now been over 10 weeks since my interview.

Did anybody who interviewed in November hear back yet?
 
I interviewed sometime in november and the post-interview email says that decisions should come out 6-8 weeks post interview. It's now been over 10 weeks since my interview.

Did anybody who interviewed in November hear back yet?
they only send by mail I believe. Something to be aware of if you're only look at your inbox
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember seeing people say they send it between CTE and matriculation
Ok thats unfortuate, however I remember from the information session that if we recieve financial aid packages from other schools, we could send it to USF to see if they can match or provide an even better financial package.
 
Anyone have any real idea of how much waitlist movement they expect to see this year?
No solid idea for this year, unfortunately. Someone from the MCOM panel mentioned that some years there's significant movement, and others, not so much. I did email a student from the student panel who was accepted off the waitlist, and they let me know many of their peers were also accepted off the waitlist last year. Plus, I feel like it's worth noting that it's been repeatedly discussed that the number of schools students are applying to seems to have increased. Obviously, they can only commit to a single school, so perhaps that'll translate to decent movement in May.