2025-2026 U South Florida Morsani

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 USF Morsani Secondary Essay Prompts: (One question omitted since last year, otherwise the same)

1. Do you believe the competitiveness (i.e. course requirements, experiences, academic performance, etc.) of your application for medical school has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? 1500 characters.

2. Do you have a parent (or grandparent) who is a graduate of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine or a faculty member at USF Health? 250 characters if yes.

3. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career? Private Practice, Academic Medicine, Public Health, Health Care Administration, Health Policy, Other. You just pick one and then move to the next question.

4. Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes you have developed in preparation for the career path you have chosen in the previous question. 1500 characters

5. The USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations program aims to support the educational development of medical students by providing opportunities for academic endeavors in areas of special interest. This program facilitates self-directed learning, enhances interactions between students and fosters relationships between students and faculty. Scholarly concentrations provide a forum where diversity of ideas and perspectives are valued. Each concentration includes elements of course work, practical application and scholarly presentation. Please review our Scholarly Concentrations website to determine which concentration would be of interest to you and answer the following question: (Scholarly Concentrations Program | USF Health) a. How would the USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations Program help your personal career goals? 1500 characters.

6. (If applicable) If you have experienced academic difficulties, please explain the situation and how it was resolved. (Please explain all grades less than a “B”, including B-, or any “withdrawal” on your transcripts). 2000 characters.


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Do you believe the competitiveness (i.e. course requirements, experiences, academic performance, etc.) of your application for medical school has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic? 1500 characters.

2. Do you have a parent (or grandparent) who is a graduate of the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine or a faculty member at USF Health? 250 characters if yes.

3. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career? Private Practice, Academic Medicine, Public Health, Health Care Administration, Health Policy, Other. You just pick one and then move to the next question.

4. Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes you have developed in preparation for the career path you have chosen in the previous question. 1500 characters

5. The USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations program aims to support the educational development of medical students by providing opportunities for academic endeavors in areas of special interest. This program facilitates self-directed learning, enhances interactions between students and fosters relationships between students and faculty. Scholarly concentrations provide a forum where diversity of ideas and perspectives are valued. Each concentration includes elements of course work, practical application and scholarly presentation. Please review our Scholarly Concentrations website to determine which concentration would be of interest to you and answer the following question: (Scholarly Concentrations Program | USF Health) a. How would the USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations Program help your personal career goals? 1500 characters.

6. If you have experienced academic difficulties, please explain the situation and how it was resolved. (Please explain all grades less than a “B”, including B-, or any “withdrawal” on your transcripts). 2000 characters.

Same as last year but they took out one prompt.
 
What does Academic medicine mean? I've looked online and it said a mix of clinical medicine, teaching, and research. Would talking about tutoring and TA roles I had answer this question, or do I need to also talk about research?

Also, does academic medicine relate to pre-clinical teaching in classrooms, or having med students rounding with you?
Hi! so academic medicine could either be more clinically focused (where you spend the majority of your time seeing patients and then you also teach residents and other trainees, with some research), or it could also involve more research (think physician-scientist / physician-investigator). Depending on which of these two paths you are headed towards, it may or may not be necessary to talk about research. I am more towards the second option, so I ended up discussing my research and a bit of my teaching experience. I’ll let someone else who has more knowledge about your second question answer it. Hope this helps!
 
Hi all, I did not get an "Application Complete" email from Morsani, despite my portal saying the application is complete and will be submitted for review. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. I am an OOS applicant and did not need to submit supporting residency documents, so my "document upload" section says 1/4.
 
Can somebody send me the link to the portal to do your secondary? I would appreciate it. They sent me an invite but there's no link to the portal in the email and I can't find it online. I heard there's supposed to be a second email with the link but I wasn't sent that, even in spam.
 
Hi all, I did not get an "Application Complete" email from Morsani, despite my portal saying the application is complete and will be submitted for review. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. I am an OOS applicant and did not need to submit supporting residency documents, so my "document upload" section says 1/4.
In the "application is complete" paragraph it's written and underlined that "You will not receive a confirmation e-mail."
 
I am in IS applicant living in Tampa area. Morsani is my top choice bar none. I will rescind all other schools in a second if I get an A. I submitted secondary 7/22. My LM is a 69 but I have very strong ECs with research and clinical experience. Is there absolutely any way I get a II?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in IS applicant living in Tampa area. Morsani is my top choice bar none. I will rescind all other schools in a second if I get an A. I submitted secondary 7/22. My LM is a 69 but I have very strong ECs with research and clinical experience. Is there absolutely any way I get a II?
Yeah sure, why not?
 
There are no guarantees, but manifest positive vibes! What’s meant for you won’t pass you by. And you can always send a letter of interest and emphasize some of the things you mentioned above
Do you know where I can send a letter of interest to? On the secondary portal, there seems to be no place to upload anything. Thanks for the advice! You're words help!
 
has anyone interviewed yet? my interview is tmrw. i'm on west coast (PST) and the first interview was added to my calendar to be at 10am. i'm wondering if it's 10am PST or 10am EST (where USF is). can anyone weigh in?
 
has anyone interviewed yet? my interview is tmrw. i'm on west coast (PST) and the first interview was added to my calendar to be at 10am. i'm wondering if it's 10am PST or 10am EST (where USF is). can anyone weigh in?
I am also wondering about this. According to previous years' SDN threads on this school, the Google Calendar time is already adjusted to your timezone, but I'll log in at that time at EST too just to make sure.
 
has anyone interviewed yet? my interview is tmrw. i'm on west coast (PST) and the first interview was added to my calendar to be at 10am. i'm wondering if it's 10am PST or 10am EST (where USF is). can anyone weigh in?
I have the same question, interviewing soon -- would love to know if the calendar time was adjusted or not!
 
For those who interviewed today, how were the vibes?

idk if this will still help, but for anyone else who hasn't interviewed yet--vibes were great, but it might depend your interviewers! I had one who was super enthusiastic and another who was still kind but more stoic. the questions were pretty standard and very similar to the publicly available ones found on SDN (i'd recommend that you do a quick search).
 
Have any of you gotten an invite/email about the MCOM presentation that's supposedly happening after interviews? I have not, was just wondering if it's been sent out to anyone at all (I think I interviewed the first possible day)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS interview invite! Submitted 9/2
+1 I also submitted my secondary that day and got an II today. For anyone who has interviewed, how was the interview, and what type of questions were asked? I would also love to hear from those who have gotten acceptances about their strategy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i interviewed 10/17. i'm wondering if i should be expecting a waitlist at best or if i'm in the running for an acceptance - if so, when do you guys think they drop the second round? just trying to clarify what i should be hoping for lol