This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NancyDrew90

Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I would like to apply as to many medical schools as possible. But I don’t know where I would have a decent chance to get in.
I have an undergrad degree in Healthcare management and a minor in Biology.
I have a masters in healthcare management with a concentration in analytics. I’ve been a medical assistant for 4 years and the administrator of a primacy care clinic for 1.5 years. I’ve done research for UTSW.
I’m interested in staying in Texas but with my MCAT score I need to apply out of state .
I am a Texas resident and here are my stats:
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Science GPA 3.5
Masters GPA: 3.7
MCAT:501

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone:

I would like to apply as to many medical schools as possible. But I don’t know where I would have a decent chance to get in.
I have an undergrad degree in Healthcare management and a minor in Biology.
I have a masters in healthcare management with a concentration in analytics. I’ve been a medical assistant for 4 years and the administrator of a primacy care clinic for 1.5 years. I’ve done research for UTSW.
I’m interested in staying in Texas but with my MCAT score I need to apply out of state .
I am a Texas resident and here are my stats:
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Science GPA 3.5
Masters GPA: 3.7
MCAT:501
Have you purchased access to the MSAR? Have you met with and spoken with admissions counselors and current students?

In my opinion, fixing an MCAT is going to resolve your issues much more quickly than trying to apply OOS. You will see many times that Texas applicants need to be super rockstars with all of their stats and still are likely yield-protected (meaning, not chosen for interview/admission) based on past history with Texas applicants. A 3.7 Master's/Grad GPA is actually "average" among this cohort in my perspective, so you aren't going to stand out for me as a screener for a non-Texas school.

If you are interested in staying in Texas after all, work on the MCAT and do some more serious networking within your state.