This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Premedballerina

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey so I’m at a four year school right now on a dance and academic scholarship, but I want to be a pre med and I can’t really do that at this school and keep my scholarship for dance. I was going to go back to a cc and take classes to transfer to a four year because it would be cheaper. Will Med schools look poorly on me for this? I got straight As this semester, but I’m just unhappy with dance. (Grammar sucks in this I know it’s late and I’m typing fast)
 
I think the only drawback would be that it may appear as if you went to the CC for these classes because you think they're easier there. I don't know how true that is, but I think if you can explain why you went to the CC it should be fine at most schools.
Why not graduate and then do a DIY post-bacc at the CC? How far along are you? Seems like if you take time off to go to CC and then back to the dance-scholarship school you'll still lose your scholarship.
 
Does your college not offer basic science classes? At most colleges, you could satisfy pre-med requirements while majoring in virtually anything else, so are you certain that's not a possibility where you are? (If so, it may help to explain why)

Taking all your science at a CC would ordinarily not look good, but depending on the circumstances...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It would not look good as these classes are places and held towards “university” standards as a filtering process. You can negate this by dominating the MCAT though but compared to the kid who dominated the MCAT and took university courses it may be a bit lacking. Best of luck