A Few of My Favourite Things! WW Sign-Ups & Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How familiar are you with Reddit?

• Extremely familiar

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Somewhat familiar

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I browse occasionally.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • What's a "reddit"?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, and let's not even mention that the damn sauna (sow-na) - @Kam325 - who went up in flames last night. It was going to be very chilly this winter. The last thing anyone had seen was a drunken shape leaving the burning building, some tattered paper remnants fluttering in the wind after them.

Bummer all around.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I can't get past this. A drunken shape was seen with paperwork (aloha) walking away from Kam's arson. MJ now tells us he was drunk this night.

Unlynch Deva, Lynch MJ

I know he can't always be a wolf, and I may be focusing too much on this one small detail. I can't look past it though.

**On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me; 4 weak defenses, 3 redirections, 2 RNGd items, and an accurate Lynch tally

Members don't see this ad.

I may be wrong with this detail, maybe @WildZoo can clear it up. Didn't aloha open PM with you instead of MJ if she were to follow the order that everyone went in? Well she wouldn't need a pm if they shared wolf chat togethed.

It's April and I still have Christmas lights up. This counts right?

I may be wrong with this detail, maybe @WildZoo can clear it up. Didn't aloha open PM with you instead of MJ if she were to follow the order that everyone went in? Well she wouldn't need a pm if they shared wolf chat togethed.

You are correct. Stb and I were chatting and she brought this up as well. Don't ask me for my opinion on MJ. I am always always wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)

First off, I would never kill WZ that early in the game if I were a wolf, regardless of her role, because:

1: I like her so much that I've never killed her as a wolf
2: She tends to trust the **** out of me, it'd be throwing away an easy to manipulate person

And I didn't know her ability, I never asked her what it was. From what she told me, she never told Aloha what it was either- all of my feels on lynching Aloha were based on the fact that I thought she told Aloha what her ability was, which turns out to have never been the case, but I guess I STL'd that right out of my ass.
5210598607_afd80dabe6_b.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
:bang: Forgot that deva is my PM buddy. She game me (and the rest of our group, she said) her role name during the first day/night cycle. I'll leave it up to her if she wants to post it here.

EDIT: Happy holidays

2: She tends to trust the **** out of me, it'd be throwing away an easy to manipulate person

Not very compelling reasons since there were probably 4 wolves. You could have been absent front the discussion or the others could have really strongly wanted to kill her for other reasons.

:bang: Forgot that deva is my PM buddy. She game me (and the rest of our group, she said) her role name during the first day/night cycle. I'll leave it up to her if she wants to post it here.

Is it compellingly non-wolfy?

Deck the halls with wolfy corpses...

Not very compelling reasons since there were probably 4 wolves. You could have been absent front the discussion or the others could have really strongly wanted to kill her for other reasons.
I'm just leaving it at I'm not a wolf, there is no evidence I'm a wolf, I was cleared, I have a useful ability, and there is no reason to believe I'm a wolf. I've proven my ability and my role is literally impossible to hate, so either I'm a convert (which would make no sense, given that I was seered after our only no kill night) or I'm *gasp-* a villager.

I will say that Deva didn't do any killing last night, that I can 100% verify. If we have three wolves and each one killed, she probably isn't who we're looking for.

Wait, that's wrong- Caiter didn't do any killing last night. Deva very well could have killed someone last night, mixing up my results.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based off of name alone (which is all I know), I would be surprised if she was a wolf.

Would @hazelmoo and @PrincessButterCup like to join in and confirm?

images

Her role name didn't seem wolfy to me at first, but I wasn't very familiar with it. I've been googling some this morning and now I think it could go either way - maybe Trilt considers it in the 3-toed sloth category. :shrug: It's nothing as obviously wolf as paperwork.

I'm hesitant to lynch a pm buddy, but I'm starting to have feels for her. I messaged her something yesterday about her role and she hasn't replied - maybe she's busy, maybe she didn't feel the need to reply, or maybe she's avoiding that conversation for another reason.

I'm just leaving it at I'm not a wolf, there is no evidence I'm a wolf, I was cleared, I have a useful ability, and there is no reason to believe I'm a wolf. I've proven my ability and my role is literally impossible to hate, so either I'm a convert (which would make no sense, given that I was seered after our only no kill night) or I'm *gasp-* a villager.

I will say that Deva didn't do any killing last night, that I can 100% verify. If we have three wolves and each one killed, she probably isn't who we're looking for.

Yeah. Well.

I'm not saying I'm going to lead a lynch on you, but posts like this do make me more suspicious rather than less. It's nice and impassioned, but if you break it down it's almost all smoke.

1. "I'm not a wolf": Ok - because you say so? Meaningless.
2. "There's no evidence I'm a wolf": Ok - well, there's more often than not no evidence when we get a wolf. In the end, at least half of them are caught by blind ass luck. More to the point: no evidence doesn't equate to not a wolf.
3. "I was cleared": Reasonable argument, except I don't know who cleared you, maybe you have a cover role, I didn't see that anyone actually cleared you, etc. etc. There are all sorts of ways for a wolf to claim to be cleared. And given how many new players say they've "cleared" someone just because you tell them a role name.... I hardly buy into this at all anymore.
4. "I have a useful ability": Yeah, ok. Says every wolf ever.
5. "No reason to believe I'm a wolf": Really no different than "there's no evidence I'm a wolf".
6. "I've proven my ability": Is it a definitively non-wolfy ability? Because if not, meh.
7. "my role is literally impossible to hate": Sure. If it's really your role.

Anyway. My point is that you have some reasonable arguments (being supposedly cleared and claiming a role that wouldn't be a wolf), but the MAJORITY of your arguments are just vapor. Which always makes me suspicious.

**unlynch zen**

On lunch and catching up now.

3. "I was cleared": Reasonable argument, except I don't know who cleared you, maybe you have a cover role, I didn't see that anyone actually cleared you, etc. etc. There are all sorts of ways for a wolf to claim to be cleared. And given how many new players say they've "cleared" someone just because you tell them a role name.... I hardly buy into this at all anymore.
Deva claimed she seered him with an item

No responses to the rest

Christmas christmas

So am I following along? A bunch of people were suspicious of Zensing (I got on board that because Zen set off DVMD's alarms). Then people bought Zensing's claim (including me) and switched to Deva. And now Zensing is saying Deva isn't a wolf?

Hm.

Seered role name, affiliation, or ability? I don't need to know what the role name or ability were, but I'd like to know which aspect was seered.
I thought she seered affiliation.

Edit: All I want for Christmas is a wolf lynch day

So am I following along? A bunch of people were suspicious of Zensing (I got on board that because Zen set off DVMD's alarms). Then people bought Zensing's claim (including me) and switched to Deva. And now Zensing is saying Deva isn't a wolf?

Hm.

As far as I can tell from skimming what I've missed, this is what seems to be happening. And now I'm even more unsure.

Deva told me her role, and I would be shocked if it were a wolf role.

Edit: but anything is possible on Christmas morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Not that he's a target right now, but yeah I was the one who affiliation served MJ (via said item). He checks out, hopefully won't be converted later :p
Deva claimed it was an affiliation seering item, but I agree that MJ's results sound like they were due to Kam/warm sauna. But without knowing what exactly the item was, it's hard to know for sure. Has anyone else had this affiliation seering item and confirm it's existence?

200.gif

All I want for Christmas is to not be dead. :dead:

Reactions: 4 users
Seered role name, affiliation, or ability? I don't need to know what the role name or ability were, but I'd like to know which aspect was seered.
Affiliation.

Now, I haven't seen anyone else mention receiving said item but if we have an item making role, they could make one time use items. So idk.

@Devastating what exactly was the item?

Hm.

Where did zen claim deva isn't a wolf? And based on what?

Where did zen claim deva isn't a wolf? And based on what?

Based off of name alone (which is all I know), I would be surprised if she was a wolf.

Would @hazelmoo and @PrincessButterCup like to join in and confirm?

images

tumblr_mez66wBASs1rj1geeo1_500.gif

First off, I would never kill WZ that early in the game if I were a wolf, regardless of her role, because:

And I didn't know her ability, I never asked her what it was. From what she told me, she never told Aloha what it was either- all of my feels on lynching Aloha were based on the fact that I thought she told Aloha what her ability was, which turns out to have never been the case, but I guess I STL'd that right out of my ass.
5210598607_afd80dabe6_b.jpg
I provided you with both my idiot savant powers and my special snowflake status for this game ;)

Reactions: 3 users
BAH HUMBUG on you guys and bandwagons!
I'm not convinced on zen but there are flags there, I'm also debating switching my vote to deva because I have also had some red flags go off with her posts.
What were they? May I address>

@Mad Jack, what was your description of the alignment seering? Deva claimed to have seered you by item N2, but kcoughli says that Kam tried to alignment seer you the same night. Maybe it failed, maybe Kam got killed before it triggered, but it still seems weird.

Merry Christmas, again.
@ everyone asking about the seering item: it was alignment, and this is what it said:
"You figure out the eyepiece thing and take a gander at MJ. He's a little bright to look at, but the world shades to a happy-seeming green when you focus on him."

and @ PBC/everyone wondering why I havent responded to a PM or whatnot- I just got on around half an hour ago and have spent that time catching up :yeahright:

STB and zen just don't seem like wolfy roles/actions at all, though of course one could be lying (can confirm there is another cat around. is one of Trilt's cats considerd a dick? :p)

This bandwagon's suss...let's end it.
200_s.gif

Also, yes I did decided to role reveal to all 3 of my PM buddies when the game started (For this game I saw no harm to myself in doing so, so figuers may as well lay it out there just in case, like right now).
I'm Roller Coaster Tycoon. How could anyone hate this AMAZING winter wonderland?

23c9a7fa96f01857e4ed20be9d21eb35e53694ce.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Ho ho ho

Lynch LIS

I don't like the current candidates as wolves, and he's made a point of claiming vanilla. I don't know just feels.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Lynching

Zen (1)- Hayley
STB (2)- Rojo, Hmoo,
Dev (5)- LIS, Rocky, DVMD, Kcough, STB
Caiter (2)- Jil, FFM
MJ (1)- Teep
LIS (1)- PBC

12/a bit less than 20

Ya fools better not lynch me or you'll be as red as Rudolph's nose when you see you were wrong!

lynch Caiter
for now but I will be rereading. There are still several hours to go.

Haha, well, Tesla was referred to as such in the description stb posted
I'm just expecting another hidden-wolf sloth episode...:p STB's actions didn't really seem wolfy though, so I dunno.

oh and HO,HO,HO

Unlynch whomever, lynch LIS.

I don't take Trilt for the type to make anything she loves vanilla. Plus he's setting off all sorts of alarm bells- could be bad play, but I don't like it.
332494_1.jpg

i'm gonna be gone during deadline (gonna pet reindeer). Any reason I should change my vote from caiter?