A Few of My Favourite Things! WW Sign-Ups & Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How familiar are you with Reddit?

• Extremely familiar

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Somewhat familiar

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I browse occasionally.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • What's a "reddit"?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And apologies to LIS if you really truly are vanilla, I also hate voting on absentees (as was previously established), but hey, a girl's gotta protect herself and vanilla doesn't do anything anyway...

cats-hate-christmas-1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

What "points"?

A bah humbug to you!

"Point" being people can vouch for you as far as saying what role/ability you told them. You haven't killed a wolf yet, right? No seer has admitted seering you as a villager.

The only way to completely vouch is through affiliation seering and death (in most games).

Pretty easy for a wolf to come up with a potential villager role name.

Tax returns, candy, Halloween, rabbits, rabbit, etal

Seriously, deva? Lynch LIS or anyone but you? What the hell kind of defense or even thought process is that?

And people are actually just, "hmm ok sure"

I just, I can't.

Members don't see this ad :)
And apologies to LIS if you really truly are vanilla, I also hate voting on absentees (as was previously established), but hey, a girl's gotta protect herself and vanilla doesn't do anything anyway...

cats-hate-christmas-1.jpg
Hey! Don't rag on vanillas. Not cool bro. Vanillas can still have an impact on the game.

33M6roB.gif

Reactions: 1 user
A bah humbug to you!

"Point" being people can vouch for you as far as saying what role/ability you told them. You haven't killed a wolf yet, right? No seer has admitted seering you as a villager.

The only way to completely vouch is through affiliation seering and death (in most games).

Pretty easy for a wolf to come up with a potential villager role name.

Tax returns, candy, Halloween, rabbits, rabbit, etal
All true, but doesn't make me a jignly-jangly wolf.
No, I haven't used my abilities yet because I don't want to go using them willy nilly on people I'm not sure of...that's how friendly-fire happens and then you'd REALLY have reason to lynch me.

Seriously, deva? Lynch LIS or anyone but you? What the hell kind of defense or even thought process is that?

I just, I can't.
:eyeroll: as if I hadn't already made my actual defenses. I'm just replying (kinda facetiously) to those who are like "hmm, sorry, no thanks". Quit yer convenient holly-berry-picking.

I am lumping you all as group and just find it fish that *nobody* is around. This is WW, we all have conspiracies as to who's out to get who ;) Lord knows I've been in that position too (of someone accusing me of "under the radar" when really I was just not there/attending to RL things). we all have.
this is what happens when responsible players get killed early.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what you're getting at
*******several players who always vote/get their actions in on time have been killed early. Lupes for instance. Even WZ (though now she's back). Wolves have been taking out players that are relatively active. Village has to a certain extent, too. **************

Reactions: 2 users
greta-oto-hand.jpg

Everybody knows I like sloths. And many of you now even know that the reason I like sloths is because I worked in an exhibit with one. But did you know that Mr. Sloth was actually not the main star of my exhibit? (Which is good, sloths are not the most thrilling animals day to day).

The main attraction in my exhibit was butterflies! Specifically, butterflies who live in dry tropical forests. It was actually a really neat job because we received the butterflies as chrysalis from a supplier in Costa Rica, then would organize them for display so the public could watch them eclose, then would dump them into the exhibit. Different butterflies had different levels of tolerance for the transport, and some tended to develop better than others. The Greta oto - or glass winged butterfly - was one of the butterflies that we would get rarely and had a horrible time successfully releasing into the exhibit. But when they did develop properly, they were the coolest butterflies... just look at it! Google it right now. My favourite pictures are the pictures of people reading text through their wings. :D

I guess what I am slowly getting at (in between butterfly facts) is that tonight, you guys channeled your inner obnoxious child and stomped thoroughly my exhibit. Big foot syndrome managed to squash one of my butterflies - a particularly hard-working, often difficult to reach one - and lo and behold the butterfly was innocent as could be.

Dead is @LetItSnow, a Glass-Winged Butterfly - a VILLAGER whose transparent wings meant he could hide from one night attack, in addition to being difficult to seer/track.

It's now Night 5! Night deadline is 7am EST, but please get your actions in this evening if you can.

dM3QHvH.gif
ROSTER:
Good Food & Drink
1. DubZ
2. Mad Jack
3. Stb

Finland, Finland, Finland
5. Orca2011
6. Jilary
7. FFM

Circus Arts
9. kcoughli
12. Teepster

Cute Baby Animals
14.Caiter92
16. Hayley

Warm Things
17. DVMD

Internet & Media
21. Zensing
22. PBC
23. hmoo
24. Deva

Zany Animals
25. Gwen
28. Rockatiel
29. thedrjojo

DEAD:
11. Finnick - Diet Coke
8. SOV - Aerial Silks
18. dyachei - Two toed sloth
15. ketoone - Two toed sloth
10. Kam - A warm sauna
27. LadyOtheFarm - Three toed sloth
4. Alohacat- Paperwork

20. Lupin - Rick & Morty
13. html - Two toed sloth
26. Jamrockin - Christmas Music

19. LetitSnow - Glass Winged Butterfly

God damn! I am legitimately sorry LIS. I wouldn't have voted for you were it not for my lead/you being neck-and-neck. (and those butterflies are awesome too)

I just, I can't.
Sorry to double quote this, but
Wow, making desperate requests to switch off when it's like 15 minutes before deadline and you're in the lead. Suuuch an incomprehensible "thought process". Totally my ONLY defense ever in the whole thread. I just can't.

Damnitsomuch, if he just hadn't claimed to be vanilla! :cryi: Even if he'd just given us the role name I'd have known there was no way he could be evil!

Sorry LIS :(

:( Sorry, LIS.

I just sent in who I want to boost tonight. I missed it (probably because I was on my phone at the time), but apparently I was "terrified" into telling someone my ability last night.

@Caiter92, are you sure your information about my ability came from a villager source?

I just sent in who I want to boost tonight. I missed it (probably because I was on my phone at the time), but apparently I was "terrified" into telling someone my ability last night.

@Caiter92, are you sure your information about my ability came from a villager source?
Since we know your ability, who did you boost on the multikill nights? That could give us a lead.

My players so far:
N1: @PrincessButterCup - I wanted to start with a PM partner so that I could discuss my role in private if I needed to.
N2: Kam - I wanted to see what "a warm sauna" does and hoped some of the results would make it onto the main thread. Then I freaked out when three kills happened and one of them was the player I boosted.
N3: @Teepster87 - If you grow into useful abilities over the course of the game, maybe my ability could help them grow faster?
N4: @Stb1473 - I misread the thread and thought that STB was the protector, and boosting the protector seemed like a good move.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry, LIS. :( Those butterflies look so cool!
Since we know your ability, who did you boost on the multikill nights? That could give us a lead.
It was posted this morning. Kam was boosted night 2 but she died that night. I was offered an upgrade last night but it failed. I posted what I tried to do on the thread this morning - create a convo with wz. It didn't work because she was rezzed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Every new WW game is another learning experience for me. TIL that offering your role unsolicited on the first day is just as likely to lead to more suspicion down the line as trust.

100% sure they started as villager and have no reason to think they aren't still.

God damn! I am legitimately sorry LIS. I wouldn't have voted for you were it not for my lead/you being neck-and-neck. (and those butterflies are awesome too)

Wow, making desperate requests to switch off when it's like 15 minutes before deadline and you're in the lead. Suuuch an incomprehensible "thought process". Totally my ONLY defense ever in the whole thread. I just can't.

You're missing the damn point. You don't ask people to unlynch you and "lynch whoever". You're missing the big implication here in that you could lynch a really important villager by doing this especially with how close to deadline it was. This isn't a "me" game, it is a team game. You do not ever suggest that lynching anyone but you is good and needs to be done unless you have some game breaking role.

Reactions: 1 users
Every new WW game is another learning experience for me. TIL that offering your role unsolicited on the first day is just as likely to lead to more suspicion down the line as trust.
Sometimes it tends to make people think you have a reason to not be afraid to share your role, i.e. you're not worried about being killed.

You're missing the damn point. You don't ask people to unlynch you and "lynch whoever". You're missing the big implication here in that you could lynch a really important villager by doing this especially with how close to deadline it was. This isn't a "me" game, it is a team game. You do not ever suggest that lynching anyone but you is good and needs to be done unless you have some game breaking role.
And the fact that he was the other person who was ever in the lead (and therefore already in the danger zone as I was, if he was so important), based on no real info/feels other than his "vanillager" claim, doesn't mean anything in this context. Okay.
Trust me, if I was a blah role I wouldn't have fought/cared this much beyond role revealing, but my cover's blown either way so what the heck ever.

Everyone here should know by now that if I'm "screaming wolf" that means- you guessed it- nothing. I'm not a wolf, feel free to track, seer, watch, snuggle with, stalk, drink with, or do whatever you like to me. I'm not a wolf, haven't been a wolf, and have a feeling the only reason they're keeping me around is because they know, as always, that I'm an easy target to throw under the bus because I never don't scream "sketchy." Hit me with everything you've got, just don't block me, because I'm the best chance you guys have of winning this game.

As to my being upset about lynching LIS, I'm upset because he never came back on to defend his role and I hate seeing a competent player go down like that. It's undignified.

And the fact that he was the other person who was ever in the lead (and therefore already in the danger zone as I was, if he was so important), based on no real info/feels other than his "vanillager" claim, doesn't mean anything in this context. Okay.
Trust me, if I was a blah role I wouldn't have fought/cared this much beyond role revealing, but my cover's blown either way so what the heck ever.

I could tell you with 98% certainty that LIS was not a wolf based upon how early dyachei died.

Unfortunately I was dealing with a dog that was having surgery complications. So I couldn't really be here.

But you also didn't just ask people to lynch LIS, you specifically stated, lynch LIS or anyone. Can you not comprehend how that looks bad?

I think you're looking into that one silly post way too much...I was responding to Rocky's "sorry" post (trying to convince her to switch off me, or at least break the me/LIS tie), not really addressing everyone to "hey go lynch some rando instead". If that didn't come across well in the heat of the approaching-deadline moment, then I apologize.

Look DVMD I know you are just trying to offer advice to those of us who are newer (maybe even the occasional veteran who happens to make a poor move somewhere), and I appreciate that. It's just that you are sometimes quite patronizing/condescending in the ways/times you deliver it, and it's like...trust me, we (me and everyone in general) know how to make different decisions and undertake different actions under different situations and contexts. No need to coach us along like it's the first Noob game. We're fine (mostly :p)

I could tell you with 98% certainty that LIS was not a wolf based upon how early dyachei died.
He didn't seem to be a fan of that kind of argument when MJ made it in regards to how early I died haha

Not related to your discussion with Deva. I agree her posts near the end of the lynch were questionable.

I think you're looking into that one silly post way too much...I was responding to Rocky's "sorry" post (trying to convince her to switch off me, or at least break the me/LIS tie), not really addressing everyone to "hey go lynch some rando instead". If that didn't come across well in the heat of the approaching-deadline moment, then I apologize.

Look DVMD I know you are just trying to offer advice to those of us who are newer (maybe even the occasional veteran who happens to make a poor move somewhere), and I appreciate that. It's just that you are sometimes quite patronizing/condescending in the ways/times you deliver it, and it's like...trust me, we (me and everyone in general) know how to make different decisions and undertake different actions under different situations and contexts. No need to coach us along like it's the first Noob game. We're fine (mostly :p)

I'm not trying to teach you anything currently. I'm stating that I'm still suspicious of you and explaining how your posts there aren't helping. Since you asked me earlier why I'm suspicious. I'm not being patronizing or condescending, you're being sensitive about me calling out your BS

Sorry. Posted not knowing I was dead.

Good job, villager idiots. Get Yet Another Bandwagon going late in the day on someone who works evenings/nights. Pure brilliance.

I'm not trying to teach you anything currently. I'm stating that I'm still suspicious of you and explaining how your posts there aren't helping. Since you asked me earlier why I'm suspicious. I'm not being patronizing or condescending, you're being sensitive about me calling out your BS
You don't ask people to unlynch you and "lynch whoever". You're missing the big implication here in that you could lynch a really important villager by doing this especially with how close to deadline it was. This isn't a "me" game, it is a team game. You do not ever suggest that lynching anyone but you is good and needs to be done unless you have some game breaking role.
Sure, whatever. Take my compliment however you like, otherwise this isn't going anywhere (never does).

Sure, whatever. Take my compliment however you like, otherwise this isn't going anywhere (never does).

You rolled your goddamn eyes at me in response to my post. What you quoted above was me further explaining myself after you already acted like a brat about my initial response to you. Don't like me further explaining, don't roll your eyes and respond twice to my one post claiming that my response is unfounded. Because I will explain how my post/response makes sense.

Just now checking in. I've been super busy with school and research and trying to graduate, and this weekend I'm going on a research retreat in the middle of no where so I've been trying to get everything done since my internet access will be extremely limited while I'm there.

Sorry I seem sketchy to you WZ, I really didn't think deva or LIS was a wolf based on feels but I haven't read super carefully through everything. I do agree that deva's posts were sketchy when she almost got lynched. She's my only PMing buddy and we haven't discussed much besides her role.

And calling a person condescending is one weird ass "compliment".
This:
I know you are just trying to offer advice to those of us who are newer (maybe even the occasional veteran who happens to make a poor move somewhere), and I appreciate that.
Good lord, you really know how to ignore the good and zero in on the negative. I am trying to extend a hand and understand. If you don't want it and take my game-related eyroll posts as serious, then fine. Trying not to spam up the place though.

This:

Good lord, you really know how to ignore the good and zero in on the negative. I am trying to extend a hand and understand. If you don't want it and take my game-related eyroll posts as serious, then fine. Trying not to spam up the place though.

You eyerolled at my post then responded again with extreme sarcasm, as if I had no reason for my post. Because you responded in that manner, I expanded upon my thoughts. Clearly, you couldn't handle the explanation. Perhaps because my explanation makes sense and you have no good defense? I dunno but it is clear now that you are just looking to dig deep and turn this personal by claiming I'm being condescending because you have no better response. Look, I'm not trying to make a large argument but if you are going to be sarcastic and roll your eyes at me, I will respond and expand my thought process. My posts haven't been personal, all game related, you went off and had to make it personal

:eyeroll: as if I hadn't already made my actual defenses. I'm just replying (kinda facetiously) to those who are like "hmm, sorry, no thanks". Quit yer convenient holly-berry-picking.

The above two are what I'm referring.

Anyway, I'm off to get food.

*in b4 someone claims I'm hangry :p *

You eyerolled at my post then responded again with extreme sarcasm, as if I had no reason for my post. Because you responded in that manner, I expanded upon my thoughts. Clearly, you couldn't handle the explanation. Perhaps because my explanation makes sense and you have no good defense? I dunno but it is clear now that you are just looking to dig deep and turn this personal by claiming I'm being condescending because you have no better response. Look, I'm not trying to make a large argument but if you are going to be sarcastic and roll your eyes at me, I will respond and expand my thought process. My posts haven't been personal, all game related, you went off and had to make it personal

tumblr_njw3ytEq0D1rl11cmo1_500.gif

Reactions: 7 users
RE: the last few sentences, I thought the exact same about you, so this appears to be a mutual misunderstanding.
The posts you quoted of mine are clearly super facetious so I don't know why you care, but I should not have provoked. Now I REALLY don't want to continue spamming up the thread so if you really want to respond to this post (or just say hi or chat or something completely unrelated) you can PM me

Sorry everyone...I mean MJ that can kinda be arranged if you want me to waste my ability :p