This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DoctorRida

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, a professor from a medical school just recently offered to mentor me. I met her through a mutual friend, and she said that she wants to talk about my premed experience and what I'm looking for over lunch. What kind of questions should I be asking? She currently does research, but I'm not sure if she's a practicing physician. I'm looking to make more connections, I'm just not sure how to ask.
 
Hey guys, a professor from a medical school just recently offered to mentor me. I met her through a mutual friend, and she said that she wants to talk about my premed experience and what I'm looking for over lunch. What kind of questions should I be asking? She currently does research, but I'm not sure if she's a practicing physician. I'm looking to make more connections, I'm just not sure how to ask.
What school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would ask the normal, what mcat and gpa would be competitve. Ask about how their classes are set up. Tell them what you have done so far with shadowing and vol. And see if they can offer you feedback on your application so far.
 
Hey guys, a professor from a medical school just recently offered to mentor me. I met her through a mutual friend, and she said that she wants to talk about my premed experience and what I'm looking for over lunch. What kind of questions should I be asking? She currently does research, but I'm not sure if she's a practicing physician. I'm looking to make more connections, I'm just not sure how to ask.
Read this:
Goro's Guide to YOUR Interview Questions (2016 edition)