AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s a typical response time on DMU after your application goes under review??

My app was verified on 8/14. DMU sent me an email saying they got my app on 8/24 and sent out an II 7 hours later in the day. I believe that they may still be conducting interviews for other professional schools, so that may be why it is taking a while for them to respond. I would be patient; silence does not necessarily mean anything bad. If you really want to, you can call them. Admissions has been really nice in answering my questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm completing my application and I have a question for Transcript Entry. I had Undergraduate Research (this would be course title) but I'm not sure what the "Subject" would be. Any ideas?

Hello everybody! This is my first time posting on sdn. I interviewed at DMU on September 6 and I interviewed at AZpod on September 13. Both schools were extremely impressive. I have been accepted at both schools and have decided to attend AZpod for the class of 2023. The dean is such a great and personable guy. I really enjoyed how he called my phone to offer the acceptance. He has a great vision for the school and really wants the students to succeed and match into the top residency programs. AZpod is building a new podiatric medicine lab that is about 3 or 4 times larger than their current lab. We were able to see the new pod lab that is in the works. It was an awesome part of the tour. I felt very comfortable in Glendale and I look forward to starting classes next year!
Stats: 3.4cgpa, 3.0sgpa, 495 mcat, double major, over 100 hours shadowing pods

Congrats! You say you interviewed at DMU on September 6. When did you hear back about your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I'm completing my application and I have a question for Transcript Entry. I had Undergraduate Research (this would be course title) but I'm not sure what the "Subject" would be. Any ideas?
maybe what the research was about (ex: research of cells = biology)

Is there a course code in front of the course title (i.e. BIO, CHM, PHY, etc.)? If so, I would use that. AACPMAS will audit all your transcript entries and make corrections wherever needed, so just fill out that section of the app to the best of your knowledge.

Hi there,
My application status is complete but is not Verified yet. Are schools still able to see my application?
Thanks

I have a question, mostly to current students, but is there a point during an interview process I can ask a school what it is that they offer me? I don't want to seem arrogant about having several interviews, but I would like the best experience for myself. Obviously that will depend a lot on what I am looking for in a school, but could I ask during the interview day tour about specifically what sets school x apart from the other 8? Or would that seem like stepping on toes a bit?

I have a question, mostly to current students, but is there a point during an interview process I can ask a school what it is that they offer me?

I asked this question during my Barry interview. They did not mind answering me at all. It is a good question to ask, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question, mostly to current students, but is there a point during an interview process I can ask a school what it is that they offer me? I don't want to seem arrogant about having several interviews, but I would like the best experience for myself. Obviously that will depend a lot on what I am looking for in a school, but could I ask during the interview day tour about specifically what sets school x apart from the other 8? Or would that seem like stepping on toes a bit?
Ask it.

I asked that question so I wouldn't have to do most of the talking or ask questions that they've gotten hundreds of times over.

Doesn't come off as arrogant if you have a genuine interest in their answer and it is done in a professional manner.

Just interviewed at Barry and Midwestern. This is a tough choice, I really loved both of the schools.

Just interviewed at Barry and Midwestern. This is a tough choice, I really loved both of the schools.

How long from when your transcripts were verified did Midwestern invite you for an email? How was the interview? Midwestern is currently my first choice but haven't heard anything from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long from when your transcripts were verified did Midwestern invite you for an email? How was the interview? Midwestern is currently my first choice but haven't heard anything from them!
Hi! I think i replied to you about this earlier but I had my application verified Aug 28 on AACPMAS and then Midwestern got my application Sep 4 and sent another email back Sep 6 inviting for an interview. The interview was great, the doctors there just want to get to know you instead of intimidate you. I also got accepted 9/25/18. CO2023!!! Hope you hear back from them soon!:) They are usually known to be very fast, I would call and ask to make sure they've received everything ie verified MCAT scores.

Reactions: 1 user
getting nervous about applying because my science gpa is only at a 2.6 as a senior in college....I got 2 D's in classes but I retook both and received B's. My cGPA is about a 3.1 and non science is 3.7. still waiting for my mcat scores to get back. what should I do? is my gpa too low?

getting nervous about applying because my science gpa is only at a 2.6 as a senior in college....I got 2 D's in classes but I retook both and received B's. My cGPA is about a 3.1 and non science is 3.7. still waiting for my mcat scores to get back. what should I do? is my gpa too low?

You will have a hard time moving on from the first semester with a 2.6 sGPA. I would advise taking additional sci courses after graduation, getting As then applying for Pod programs.

What other classes have you taken besides the one-year gen bio and gen chem? Also, based on your practice tests, what score are you hoping to get on the MCAT?

You will have a hard time moving on from the first semester with a 2.6 sGPA. I would advise taking additional sci courses after graduation, getting As then applying for Pod programs.

What other classes have you taken besides the one-year gen bio and gen chem? Also, based on your practice tests, what score are you hoping to get on the MCAT?

Im shooting for around the 500 range but I've taken orgo 1 & 2, B in both classes, physics 1&2 C+ in 1 and B in 2. Ive also taken physiology and got an A, biopsych B+, biochem B- and I am taking more upper level science classes this year as well. ( I got a D in physics 2 because it was calc based physics and then a D in orgo 2 but retook both and got a B) I do have a pretty solid resume with all my EC ive done over the years so hopefully that might save me!

I honestly might just consider getting into a masters biology program for a year if I get denied from all the schools.

Im shooting for around the 500 range but I've taken orgo 1 & 2, B in both classes, physics 1&2 C+ in 1 and B in 2. Ive also taken physiology and got an A, biopsych B+, biochem B- and I am taking more upper level science classes this year as well. ( I got a D in physics 2 because it was calc based physics and then a D in orgo 2 but retook both and got a B) I do have a pretty solid resume with all my EC ive done over the years so hopefully that might save me!

I honestly might just consider getting into a masters biology program for a year if I get denied from all the schools.
A lot depends on MCAT. Prepare well and let it save you. Otherwise if you have at least one more semester before graduation, this is your show time.

Hey all, I just got my MCAT score back minutes ago and I'm kind of excited. I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me chances or which schools I should apply to.

• ~3.86 GPA (around there for both cGPA and sGPA)
  • 490 MCAT (120/124/122/124). I didn't do that well, but I have extreme test anxiety and I thought that I would get around 480. I'm honestly really happy and thankful that I was able to get this.
  • Hundreds of hours of volunteering, probably around 400+ or so (medical, clinical, non-clinical)
  • 5 semesters of research in biology, hundreds of hours total
  • Multiple letters of recommendation
  • About 40 hours of shadowing with an MD, 8 hours with a DPM and will be doing more in the coming months (he's going to help me get around 20). I also have a LOR from this DPM.
That's all I can think of for now, but I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks so much! :)

Last edited:
Hey all, I just got my MCAT score back minutes ago and I'm kind of excited. I was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me chances or which schools I should apply to.

• 490 MCAT (120/124/122/124). I didn't do that well, but I have extreme test anxiety and I thought that I would get around 480. I'm honestly really happy and thankful that I was able to get this.
  • Hundreds of hours of volunteering, probably around 400+ or so (medical, clinical, non-clinical)
  • About 40 hours of shadowing with an MD, 8 hours with a DPM and will be doing more in the coming months (he's going to help me get around 20). I also have a LOR from this DPM.

You're definitely gonna get some interviews with that strong GPA. Do you have a location preference?

You're definitely gonna get some interviews with that strong GPA. Do you have a location preference?
Thanks! For reference, I'm from the northeast. I don't have a location preference, I'd be thankful for any input you might have.

I was thinking about NYCPM, CSPM and Barry. Maybe also Kent and Temple, but not sure.

You're SAFE :)
Apply early and NYCPM should give you the chance. GL.

Don't do the masters. Let us know your MCAT score, all depends on that. I don't think you will have a problem getting in if the score is above 490+, but it's the staying in the pod program that is concerning.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! For reference, I'm from the northeast. I don't have a location preference, I'd be thankful for any input you might have.

I was thinking about NYCPM, CSPM and Barry. Maybe also Kent and Temple, but not sure.
All of them are great programs.

Make sure you interview and get a feel for each program instead of relying on SDN rumors.
Pick whichever program you like the most after your interviews.

How do you add proof of a DPM shadow experience, or does the podiatrist need to mention that in the Letter of Recommendation?

How do you add proof of a DPM shadow experience, or does the podiatrist need to mention that in the Letter of Recommendation?
I included it in my experiences. For the description I included the amount of hours and details of my experience.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I know I read some insight over interviews, but any other general tips for Barry or any DPM school for that matter?

I know I read some insight over interviews, but any other general tips for Barry or any DPM school for that matter?
Be yourself. Be confident.

Don't dress up a failure. Be honest and show them why you failed, what you did differently the next time, and how you improved.

Get a feel for the school. Pay attention to the students. Are they stressed? Are they handling it well? Are they relatively happy? Are they disgruntled? Are they there because they want to be or forced to see you? Do they represent the profession well? Are they genuine?

Pay attention to the faculty. Do they only see students once in a blue moon? Are they open to conversation? Are they busy or constantly running elsewhere?

Go with your gut.

Just submitted my application last night! Transcripts have already been verified & LOR have been sent but not received yet.

I sent in my MCAT score on 9/17/18 but it still hasn't been received by AACPMAS - is that normal? Is it because I just submitted my app that it's not showing up or has it actually not been received yet?

I sent in my MCAT score on 9/17/18 but it still hasn't been received by AACPMAS - is that normal? Is it because I just submitted my app that it's not showing up or has it actually not been received yet?

Call AACPMAS and they will verify your score. It has been a problem for some people (including me).

In case anyone wanted to get a timeframe of the app process (or at least for me).
I submitted my app on 10/11, got verified 10/12 (I didn't believe it at first tbh), and got interview invites from Kent, NYCPM, and Barry on 10/12 too. Didn't realize that they would respond so fast...
DMU told me they got my app but are waiting on my official MCAT scores on 10/13, which my app on aacpmas says has arrived (official) but I will wait on them to update my status.
Temple just sent me an invite today, 10/14!

Hello, I have a question regarding my letter of recommendation. I requested for a letter from one of my professors and he asked me to write a draft letter for him. This is the 1st time where professor asked me to write a draft. Please suggest me what should be included and how to write a draft for myself. Thank you!

Hey guys so I had my application verified on 10/02 and received interview invites from Barry, Kent, and Scholl. However, I just heard from DMU yesterday that my application was received. Do they usually take that long to send II? DMU is really my top choice.

Hey guys so I had my application verified on 10/02 and received interview invites from Barry, Kent, and Scholl. However, I just heard from DMU yesterday that my application was received. Do they usually take that long to send II? DMU is really my top choice.

I got my II within the same day. May take a little more time though since they may still be conducting interviews for the other professional programs.

I got my interview for DMU today at around 8pm EST. App was submitted on 10/11 if you see my post above. So, ~1 week for me.

It took 1 week for me to hear back from DMU about an II after I submitted my application.
Thanks guys, yeah I received an II today and scheduled for 11/2! Good luck for everyone!

Do you mind sharing if AZPod offered a scholarship with your acceptance? I have similar stats and will be interviewing there. Thanks again!
I might be wrong but I don't think AZPOD offers scholarships.

Hi all, just wondering what the turnaround was for Temple regarding interview?? Will they notify either way? I sent in my app for Temple, Barry, and Samuel Merritt all on 10/9. I have heard back from both Barry and CSPM about an interview; I would love to receive an invite from Temple before going to either of the other two schools!

Hi all, just wondering what the turnaround was for Temple regarding interview?? Will they notify either way? I sent in my app for Temple, Barry, and Samuel Merritt all on 10/9. I have heard back from both Barry and CSPM about an interview; I would love to receive an invite from Temple before going to either of the other two schools!
Temple was the quickest to get back to me. It only took about a week for them to send me an invite. If I were you, I would give their admissions a call to see where you stand in their application process.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Does it matter if someone applied previously to other health care professions (dental or medical) before deciding on podiatry, is it required to disclose that?

Does it matter if someone applied previously to other health care professions (dental or medical) before deciding on podiatry, is it required to disclose that?
There isn't many ways that a school will be able to find out that you previously applied to a different health care profession program, however, be careful with the podiatry programs that are affiliated with universities which have other health profession programs. For example, if you previously applied to Temple's dental or medicine program, and than podiatry program, they probably can easily find out you applied to other programs in that college. Just do your research. Regardless, most podiatry programs are forgiving about applying to other health profession programs and than podiatry, as long as your stats are good and you can explain why the change.

They ask it on the application. I disclosed it. I was asked about it during interviews. As long as you give a good answer, you should be ok.

Edit: also pod schools are super chill because they know not a lot of premeds know about Podiatry. You would be surprised how many people in healthcare don’t know about DPMs either, and think it’s a 2 year masters degree or something or that DPMs only do corns and callouses.

Reactions: 4 users
Temple was the quickest to get back to me. It only took about a week for them to send me an invite. If I were you, I would give their admissions a call to see where you stand in their application process.

Sent from my SM-G920V using

Same - I know they auto-screen for GPA/MCAT-score cut-off. Definitely worth reaching out to, though. Good luck

Guys I’ve a question: in the experiences section, under description/key responsibilities, should I do lists or should I write out what I observed, what I did, etc.?

Guys I’ve a question: in the experiences section, under description/key responsibilities, should I do lists or should I write out what I observed, what I did, etc.?

I wrote out what I observed and did. Be succinct and to the point. I basically transferred what I had in my resume into this section.