This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ireallyloveteeth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All grades are considered regardless of retakes. You could call it averaging but in the end they're just counted as if they were completely separate courses. So your current GPA for the purpose of your AADSAS application would be the 2.9 sGPA, not the 3.3.

Reactions: 1 users
All grades are considered regardless of retakes. You could call it averaging but in the end they're just counted as if they were completely separate courses. So your current GPA for the purpose of your AADSAS application would be the 2.9 sGPA, not the 3.3.

Thank you for the quick response! Hopefully you can help me with this next question. With that considered, I should really look into doing a masters program after receiving my BS but was wondering which would be more beneficial: a Masters program or Post-Bacc? Is one more considered over the other? Are they equally as rigorous? Are they equal in length?

Thank you for the quick response! Hopefully you can help me with this next question. With that considered, I should really look into doing a masters program after receiving my BS but was wondering which would be more beneficial: a Masters program or Post-Bacc? Is one more considered over the other? Are they equally as rigorous? Are they equal in length?
One or the other is fine. As long as you bring up your GPA considerably 3.6+ is what matters in addition to a good DAT. In some dental focused post bacc, they would prep you for DAT as well, so that's more of an advantage. Most of these programs are essentially your first year of dental school so be prepared to study hard like that. I know some people who took that before coming to d-school and D1 was very easy for them. Applications for these post-baccs are already open for the fall and may be filling up soon.

Postbaccalaureate Programs : GoDental

Last edited: