Achievement Portion of VMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lion20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am getting ready to submit my application but I keep overanalyzing the achievement portion of the application. Should I put being a member of honor societies under achievements or experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Honor societies I put under achievements (as an "honor"). If you ever did volunteer service events as part of the society though, those events could go under experiences. Guess it would depend on what type of society it was (one you were inducted into for academic achievement vs. one in which members partake in service events, if you served as an elected officer, etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
Honor societies I put under achievements (as an "honor"). If you ever did volunteer service events as part of the society though, those events could go under experiences. Guess it would depend on what type of society it was (one you were inducted into for academic achievement vs. one in which members partake in service events, if you served as an elected officer, etc.)

Thank you! I've changed that probably thirty times lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have one other question about the achievement portion. I did pageants growing up and I was wondering if the titles I won would be considered an achievement or not.

I have one other question about the achievement portion. I did pageants growing up and I was wondering if the titles I won would be considered an achievement or not.
Definitely! Don't know when you earned the titles, but as far as the experiences and achievements go, VMCAS is okay with anything from high school and after, so as long as at least some of those happened during that time I think it'd be good to include.

What about competitive shooting? I got several awards for that, but that seems to be a controversial topic sometimes, and I don't want to hurt my chances.