jp0409

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to get a 53% on the final to keep the grade I have. My professor said that 41/70 is a 78%, since that is the national average. Can anyone tell me what number (out of 70) would constitute a 53%? I really don't know much about this exam, and the percentiles / grading system, since my teacher didn't post a rubric. Thank you for helping!

Here is the grading scale for the class, if that helps at all.

A: 93-100% AB: 88-92.9%
B: 82-87.9% BC 78-81.9%
C: 70-77.9% D: 60-69.9%
F< 60%

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is the ACS different from org 1 vs org 2. my prof said we are taking a recycled ACS exam, any advice ?

The ACS is pretty easy. A buddy and I got the ACS book and practiced within 3 days and ACED the exam. Although the problems in the book are different than the actual test, it does help going through problems.

For the record, friend, your math can be figured out pretty easily here. In grade school I always learned that when you ask "what is 53% OF 70?", you can break it down like this:

53% OF 70 is the same as saying
0.53 x 70

Giving you 37.1. So to be safe you need to get 38/70 on the ACS Final to keep the grade you have.

But with that being said, don't be "that pre-med". Just do the best you can.

EDIT: Also, tell your professor to check his math. 41/70 is 58.5%

Get the practice book, it will guarantee an A!!

Reactions: 1 users
I've only done the ACS for gen chem, but if you could do the practice questions in the book that the ACS sells you are set to get a great score.

I got a C in organic but I got an A on the ACS final after using the book. That shiz it the shiz!!!

Reactions: 1 user
It is entirely simple. A mate and I got the book and honed inside 3 days and ACED the exam. In spite of the fact that the issues in the book are not quite the same as the real test, it helps experiencing issues.