Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah... let's just learn some coding/unbundling tips from our leaders.Do we still need more proof to show our professions leaders? Is APMA going to keep sending emails saying SDN is making up stories?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nah... let's just learn some coding/unbundling tips from our leaders.Do we still need more proof to show our professions leaders? Is APMA going to keep sending emails saying SDN is making up stories?
I really wish referring PCPs understood what insurance covers and what they dont.
Its by far the most frustrating part of my job.
...and non weightbearing xrays.
He has a larger mustache to compensate for the age so it all checks outWait... That doesn't fit the narrative.
Is it an ironic hipster millenial mustache?He has a larger mustache to compensate for the age so it all checks out
Don’t get me started on the Warren Joseph of coding. He spews a lot of misinformation, but the clueless sheep flock to his lectures. He’s made a career on friggin’ Q modifiers.Nah... let's just learn some coding/unbundling tips from our leaders.
View attachment 364011
You must respect the FASPS!Don’t get me started on the Warren Joseph of coding. He spews a lot of misinformation, but the clueless sheep flock to his lectures. He’s made a career on friggin’ Q modifiers.
Edit - a derm practice hiring a pod..interesting.. A few legit jobs on there, that Idaho one looks nice.
Could have been worse….at least it didn’t involve erotic asphyxiation.Can we go back to the topic of local injections in uncooperative patients in the office for a sec? I just remembered a patient from several years ago who was into mixed martial arts. I can't recall exactly what the foot problem was that he had but we were discussing sedation for it. He asked that if he were to need it, could he bring a training buddy with him to choke him unconscious for a sec to give me time to do whatever? Apparently they put each other to sleep all the time, so...
Hmmm. Maybe it did and I just didn't realize it.Could have been worse….at least it didn’t involve erotic asphyxiation.
at least it didn’t involve erotic asphyxiation.
Edit - a derm practice hiring a pod..interesting.. A few legit jobs on there, that Idaho one looks nice.
With Caldwell being a Boise suburb and your employer being the same one that employs the Coughlin folks, I think that one would be fascinating to see what kind of limitations (if any) get put on your privileges and the type of pathology you are allowed to see. Are you far enough away that ankle stuff slips through the cracks? Does this end up being a lot more non surgical than a new grad or younger DPM thinks he/she wants? The only person around here who seems to care a whole lot about being respected by ortho and being able to cut on anything foot/ankle related was recently banned, but I think a lot of people would similarly struggle in dealing with an ortho dept that doesn’t like you. i.e. Coughlin grads.
100%. Got a recent referral from my derm asking me to biopsy a toenail matrix for concern of melanoma.A dermatologist is sending you referrals for skin biopsies and rashes? That seems… strange.
How many so called routine corns and calluses turns out to be a plantar wart? I am sure we have all seen many cases.Also, I think it’s pretty well known and obvious that a dermatologist doesn’t want to deal with corns and calluses…
In all honesty, a derm practice hiring a podiatrist is not looking for a foot and ankle surgeon. This derm position is not looking for someone to do ankle fractures or IM nail or charcot recon. This position is most likely a clinic non-op position which I don't see anything wrong with it. I have said previously that I enjoy my clinic days.
My badWrong job. I was commenting on the employed job in Idaho. Caldwell. A Boise suburb. Kind of.
I learned a lot when I was fresh out of residency from listening to Lehrman's webinars. He's not my messiah, nor is he the only source I refer to for billing/coding. But I found him to be a helpful resource.Don’t get me started on the Warren Joseph of coding. He spews a lot of misinformation, but the clueless sheep flock to his lectures. He’s made a career on friggin’ Q modifiers.
1. Never show the patient the needle (way easier for you than me)Can we go back to the topic of local injections in uncooperative patients in the office for a sec? I just remembered a patient from several years ago who was into mixed martial arts. I can't recall exactly what the foot problem was that he had but we were discussing sedation for it. He asked that if he were to need it, could he bring a training buddy with him to choke him unconscious for a sec to give me time to do whatever? Apparently they put each other to sleep all the time, so...
I want to choke someone out.1. Never show the patient the needle (way easier for you than me)
2. Speak calmly about some topic other than shots, or you can discuss their follow up
3. Provide stuffed animal for comfort
4. Squirt medicine on the wall
5. Send patient out (“I didn’t feel a thing!”) and repeat
....can i bill for that?Could have been worse….at least it didn’t involve erotic asphyxiation.
Sorry, too much to write here. But he’s pirated other people’s lectures (without giving credit) when they speak on a topic he never mentioned in his own prior lectures. Next lecture he gives is verbatim from what he heard.I learned a lot when I was fresh out of residency from listening to Lehrman's webinars. He's not my messiah, nor is he the only source I refer to for billing/coding. But I found him to be a helpful resource.
Genuinely curious what you find so objectionable???
I once called and emailed him a couple of times about something related to a company he consulted for....never heard back.Sorry, too much to write here. But he’s pirated other people’s lectures (without giving credit) when they speak on a topic he never mentioned in his own prior lectures. Next lecture he gives is verbatim from what he heard.
He’s pompous and will never reply to any correspondence unless it’s to offer him a paying lecture. One of my associates reached out to him several times about a concern (not free advice) and never once received the courtesy of a reply.
I’m a few days behind, but I know that practice. The girl who bought it has family money, her parents own a large home healthcare companyWait... That doesn't fit the narrative.
As much as I complain and post about jobs like this until the saturation ends, accepting a job like this for many after residency will not change.I’m a few days behind, but I know that practice. The girl who bought it has family money, her parents own a large home healthcare company
you’re not exactly backing up your “misinformation” claim here…Sorry, too much to write here. But he’s pirated other people’s lectures (without giving credit) when they speak on a topic he never mentioned in his own prior lectures. Next lecture he gives is verbatim from what he heard.
He’s pompous and will never reply to any correspondence unless it’s to offer him a paying lecture. One of my associates reached out to him several times about a concern (not free advice) and never once received the courtesy of a reply.
I believe I clearly stated that it is too much to write. If you admire him and follow his advice, I’m not going to attempt to persuade you differently.you’re not exactly backing up your “misinformation” claim here…
Yeah just grabbed one, have been using a 2016 copy. Also, if you have CME to burn I have found the apma coding resource center to be very very useful.Optum Podiatry Coding Companion
Amazon product ASIN 1622547381
This is an excellent resource. Has code descriptions, related diagnosis, RVUs, Globals, CCI Edits. Does not cover all the general rules of billing, but if you just avoid unbundling your procedures, you would meet 90% of them.
Employer should pay for this in most employed situations... it is SUPER useful imo, esp for surgery and uncommon stuff and the CPT > ICD10 mapping.... I have found the apma coding resource center to be very very useful.
Wow. What a joke. Avoid podiatry groups2nd year resident right now the job offers I've gotten have been.
1. 70k base, bonus after 500k collections. They'll cover malpractice, no benefits. - Metro
2. 105k base, no bonus for 1st year. They'll cover malpractice and benefits. - Rural
3. 85k base, bonus after 350k collections, 20%. They'll cover malpractice but subsidized benefits (Not sure of specifics there). - Small city
Fortunately, with my wife completing her bachelors degree this Spring, she was able to find a job paying 190k and work from home. I could take a lower paying job or even move out rural to take a higher paying job.
Wow. What a joke. Avoid podiatry groups
Fixed that for you.Wow. What a joke. Avoid podiatrygroups
This is one of the strongest evidences that podiatry doesn't need 600 new grads every year. We need 400 at most. As podiatry becomes more surgical and training gets better, many grads will be fighting for surgical positions to utilize their training and get adequate compensation.2nd year resident right now the job offers I've gotten have been.
1. 70k base, bonus after 500k collections. They'll cover malpractice, no benefits. - Metro
2. 105k base, no bonus for 1st year. They'll cover malpractice and benefits. - Rural
3. 85k base, bonus after 350k collections, 20%. They'll cover malpractice but subsidized benefits (Not sure of specifics there). - Small city
Fortunately, with my wife completing her bachelors degree this Spring, she was able to find a job paying 190k and work from home. I could take a lower paying job or even move out rural to take a higher paying job.
2nd year resident right now the job offers I've gotten have been.
1. 70k base, bonus after 500k collections. They'll cover malpractice, no benefits. - Metro
2. 105k base, no bonus for 1st year. They'll cover malpractice and benefits. - Rural
3. 85k base, bonus after 350k collections, 20%. They'll cover malpractice but subsidized benefits (Not sure of specifics there). - Small city
Fortunately, with my wife completing her bachelors degree this Spring, she was able to find a job paying 190k and work from home. I could take a lower paying job or even move out rural to take a higher paying job.
Have seen more cardiology groups lately alsoVA, FQHC, Ortho, Derm, ID, Hosp., MSG all da way.
What field is your wife going into?Fortunately, with my wife completing her bachelors degree this Spring, she was able to find a job paying 190k and work from home. I could take a lower paying job or even move out rural to take a higher paying job.
What field is your wife going into?
I'm telling my daughter RIGHT NOW.Computer science degree, she got a great deal, with her stock options and sign on bonus her first year comp is looking to be arounds 260k. I thought about going back and going this route but I've dug myself into this hole already.
Dang, dude. I would just take whatever job is in the coolest city, since you don't have the pressure of making a ton of money for your family to survive. You don't have to care about crappy pay as much. I'd just relax and get the experience you need being out in practice as an associate for 2-3 years, then just start your own thing. Probably won't even have to take out a loan if ya'll are good with money....Computer science degree, she got a great deal, with her stock options and sign on bonus her first year comp is looking to be arounds 260k. I thought about going back and going this route but I've dug myself into this hole already.
I'm telling my daughter RIGHT NOW.
Dang, dude. I would just take whatever job is in the coolest city, since you don't have the pressure of making a ton of money for your family to survive. You don't have to care about crappy pay as much. I'd just relax and get the experience you need being out in practice as an associate for 2-3 years, then just start your own thing. Probably won't even have to take out a loan if ya'll are good with money....
Just make sure you don't sign a non-compete, or make sure it's not very restrictive if you wanna stay put later.
Having grown up in the silicon valley, these numbers are very accurate. Even in non-FAANG companies, I have buddies closing in on retirement. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming of arguing if us foot docs deserve 80k or 120k base associate salaries.most of her classmates from her experience have gotten jobs in the 110-150k range I'd say about 25-30% of the students she graduate with have gotten offers in the 200+ range and from what it sounds like 5-10 years in she should be clearing 500k total comp.
2nd year resident right now the job offers I've gotten have been.
1. 70k base, bonus after 500k collections. They'll cover malpractice, no benefits. - Metro
2. 105k base, no bonus for 1st year. They'll cover malpractice and benefits. - Rural
3. 85k base, bonus after 350k collections, 20%. They'll cover malpractice but subsidized benefits (Not sure of specifics there). - Small city
If you figure out the best option to leave, please share, cause I'll do it too.2nd year resident right now the job offers I've gotten have been.
1. 70k base, bonus after 500k collections. They'll cover malpractice, no benefits. - Metro
2. 105k base, no bonus for 1st year. They'll cover malpractice and benefits. - Rural
3. 85k base, bonus after 350k collections, 20%. They'll cover malpractice but subsidized benefits (Not sure of specifics there). - Small city
Fortunately, with my wife completing her bachelors degree this Spring, she was able to find a job paying 190k and work from home. I could take a lower paying job or even move out rural to take a higher paying job.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.