This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeepingUpWithK

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! So not trying to make anyone feel bad for me or anything but my years in college have been stressful. I had went from switching my major from Nursing to Biology (which was overwhelming and caused my GPA to drop) and posted questions on here previously to seek help throughout my remaining years. Now I’m a Senior in college and plan on graduating in the Fall of 2019. Although I made better progress with grades, I have a 2.8 GPA.

Now, my original plan was to go to Meharry to attend their Dental program. If I had known better I would’ve majored in marketing or something and took the prerequisites but aye you live and you learn. My second choice was PA (physician assistant) but once again...my GPA.

Now I’m stuck on just having a solid career coming straight out of college because I know graduate and dental school is out of the equation + I had taken out so many loans to help me pay for college.

Does anyone have any ideas to what jobs out there are good so that I could at least be able to pay off my loans and at least relieve some stress?

Please positive feedback only! (And by that I mean no rude and nasty comments)

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure this is the right section for this post, but I'm also not sure where it would be more appropriate.
Anyways, my attempt to assist:

Pharmaceutical rep or medical device sales if you actually like biology/human anatomy and want to stay with the medical field
Emergency Medicine

Other options really depend on your hobbies and interests. I like cars so I worked in the automotive industry for a bit. Most companies really don't care what your major is, more the fact that you have a college degree. Pick something that you think you'd like and start applying! During my job search, I interviewed for a job as an insurance adjuster, financial analyst... a whole bunch of different things. Don't worry about not getting "the" job either, after a rejected application, ask for tips on what you could improve or what they would have preferred to see from you and make those changes accordingly.

Here are a few threads you could read through for some ideas:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure this is the right section for this post, but I'm also not sure where it would be more appropriate.
Anyways, my attempt to assist:

Pharmaceutical rep or medical device sales if you actually like biology/human anatomy and want to stay with the medical field
Emergency Medicine

Other options really depend on your hobbies and interests. I like cars so I worked in the automotive industry for a bit. Most companies really don't care what your major is, more the fact that you have a college degree. Pick something that you think you'd like and start applying! During my job search, I interviewed for a job as an insurance adjuster, financial analyst... a whole bunch of different things. Don't worry about not getting "the" job either, after a rejected application, ask for tips on what you could improve or what they would have preferred to see from you and make those changes accordingly.

Here are a few threads you could read through for some ideas:
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! So not trying to make anyone feel bad for me or anything but my years in college have been stressful. I had went from switching my major from Nursing to Biology (which was overwhelming and caused my GPA to drop) and posted questions on here previously to seek help throughout my remaining years. Now I’m a Senior in college and plan on graduating in the Fall of 2019. Although I made better progress with grades, I have a 2.8 GPA.

Now, my original plan was to go to Meharry to attend their Dental program. If I had known better I would’ve majored in marketing or something and took the prerequisites but aye you live and you learn. My second choice was PA (physician assistant) but once again...my GPA.

Now I’m stuck on just having a solid career coming straight out of college because I know graduate and dental school is out of the equation + I had taken out so many loans to help me pay for college.

Does anyone have any ideas to what jobs out there are good so that I could at least be able to pay off my loans and at least relieve some stress?

Please positive feedback only! (And by that I mean no rude and nasty comments)

I will say if it's in your heart and your passion and something you still truly want to do, it isn't necessarily out of the question. I didn't do well in undergrad, similar gpa to yours, took a gap year, ( I already had a job as a scribe), did an informal post bacc and now in another gap year, got rejected but invited to a masters/med school linkage program. (Currently waiting and praying for the acceptance.) Where there is a will, there is a way. Don't give up if this is what you truly want to do.

Reactions: 1 users
I will say if it's in your heart and your passion and something you still truly want to do, it isn't necessarily out of the question. I didn't do well in undergrad, similar gpa to yours, took a gap year, ( I already had a job as a scribe), did an informal post bacc and now in another gap year, got rejected but invited to a masters/med school linkage program. (Currently waiting and praying for the acceptance.) Where there is a will, there is a way. Don't give up if this is what you truly want to do.
Wow! Thank you for sharing your story and I will pray on my decisions. This gave me some sense of encouragement

Wow! Thank you for sharing your story and I will pray on my decisions. This gave me some sense of encouragement

Definitely pray. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to give up. Remember your path is yours alone. If you have to make a few detours, there is a reason behind it and it'll help make you better overall. Feel free to PM me.

Definitely pray. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to give up. Remember your path is yours alone. If you have to make a few detours, there is a reason behind it and it'll help make you better overall. Feel free to PM me.
Will do!