Air Force/ Navy HPSP chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D.Howard

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on submitting early for both Air Force and Navy HPSP. I have a 3.80 GPA and a 22 DAT score. I am posting this to see what you guys think my chances are on getting the scholarship. Obviously I know that there are many other factors that are involved in getting the scholarship too.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as gpa and DAT score go you look competitive for both branches. But like you mentioned many other factors go into the decision.

Air Force has very few spots every year, so it will be tough. I would say very good chance for Navy. Both rely on getting through MEPS first though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really good chance for Navy. If they still do the early board for 22+ DAT score and you make it with a quick and organized recruiter, you're probably good to go. I'm like a year and a half removed from the HPSP cycle though so things might have changed.

I am planning on submitting early for both Air Force and Navy HPSP. I have a 3.80 GPA and a 22 DAT score. I am posting this to see what you guys think my chances are on getting the scholarship. Obviously I know that there are many other factors that are involved in getting the scholarship too.

Have you submitted your packet yet? How's it going? I'm a current Navy scholar, let me know if you have any questions.

Have you submitted your packet yet? How's it going? I'm a current Navy scholar, let me know if you have any questions.
Not OP but I’m interested in applying for the Navy HPSP and was wondering what the process was?

I’m not too sure what the timeline is for everything but do know that I need to get the process going.

My GPA is a 3.828 and DAT is a 26AA

Not OP but I’m interested in applying for the Navy HPSP and was wondering what the process was?

I’m not too sure what the timeline is for everything but do know that I need to get the process going.

My GPA is a 3.828 and DAT is a 26AA

1) Filling out a bunch of paperwork. The biggest chunk being a background check for a security clearance. The next biggest thing is your medical stuff.
2) MEPS visit - this is a medical visit to make sure you are medically capable of serving in the military.
Third
3) Letters of reference, essay, and typically application stuff. This is competitive, so its like submitting another application to another school.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to DM. I'd love to help you out in anyway I can.

I would say you have a really good shot at Navy. With that said, I don’t think you are out of the running for Air Force, only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user

Very good shot. Just make sure you apply super early

Reactions: 1 user