Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Going down the SAR wifom path that I didn't want to go down a few hours ago...

- Nav using it to try to frame AM earlier today looks mehhhh
- Strog would have had reason to kill SAR because she insinuated he could be a wolf
You are starting to enter the tinfoily and wifomy part of the night. Time to go night night.

Members don't see this ad.

You are starting to enter the tinfoily and wifomy part of the night. Time to go night night.
I mean, do you deny you wrote a little mini WIFOM paragraph about it earlier today? That's not me bringing up WIFOM, it's you bringing up WIFOM and now me saying it looks mildly suspect.

- Strog would have had reason to kill SAR because she insinuated he could be a wolf
She did? I must have missed that or forgotten it. I was out of pocket D1 so read 300+ posts really fast. I'll have to search for this post.

I believe SAR also insinuated AM could be a wolf, and I commented on that, but since people are self-aware, it doesn't make sense to NK someone just because they called you out -- too obvious to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, do you deny you wrote a little mini WIFOM paragraph about it earlier today? That's not me bringing up WIFOM, it's you bringing up WIFOM and now me saying it looks mildly suspect.
I mean that's fair. I thought you were saying the death of SAR was meh for me. That's fine to comment on my commenting. But it was a brush over point and not one I really pursued. Was more a quick data point of this is interesting and should stay in the back of my mind.

I guess I am a bit baffled by the people that keep redirecting to Strog. And I am probably allocating stronger wolfy points to people that go there because of how village I have them. I am debating doing a re-read tomorrow morning and seeing if I was incorrect in my reads, But I was also more talking about the strong part than my part. You will tinfoil and wifom me until you are blue in the face. When you start doing that with others is when I get concerned for you :p

You awake @WildZoo ? Or did you abandon us for the night. Debating shutting off the computer for the night, but if night is going to end tonight (rather than morning) I will keep it out a bit longer.

Reactions: 1 user
There used to be a "typical" game set up, which I don't know if it was modeled after the board game at the top (and this is back in the mid 2000s)

Anyway, IRC (throw back for those who used to be early computer gamers) had some mafia/werewolf channels, but the main channel with the most activity (the only one that would reach games up to 40-50 people) was mafbot. I played in the mafbot channel probably since I was 12/13, played consistently enough that I moved up in rank to admin, person who owned the bot wanted to hand off the bot and taught me how to run it. So I maintained it until I was like 17/18, when IRC started to die down in popularity for other chat interfaces for gaming.

But people that designed their bots on IRC typically designed it around the same style as mafbot. So the typical set up of it was in a 10 player game, you had 2 mafia, 1 affiliation seer, and 1 doctor, at 13 you added another wolf and a blocker. And it was typically limited to these really basic types of roles. They didn't even include watchers/trackers/etc. But still played mostly vanillas. I changed it up to start adding a Godfather role, lawyer roles, doctors with the ability to poison once you hit a certain number of players, serial killer, I added a tracker, innocent child got added once you started getting really high up in numbers, and then crazier roles like bombs once you got even higher up. It got pretty complicated with the coding behind it, and I had no real grasp on coding at the time, so it did require help from others which limited some of my more grand plans.

Overall was a lot of fun, and it's a very different game when you can real time chat rather than post and respond. Sometimes you don't even have an opportunity to read through everyone's posts, especially in the larger games.

I get that the definition has evolved, especially on places like MU, but it did mean something different in the forgotten past, where old farts like me used to live.
Yeah, those bots still exist. My favorite memory is tied between have like 60+ people in a rand-vig type game (and one player was awol losing the game at the last second lol) and borderline sleep-signing up for a lovers game where I hammered my only wolf partner in a stupor (rip). I think follow the seer type setups have been mostly phased out except for intentionally bastard/lulzy games. Another positive is role madness is pretty common due to the various bot types.

I guess I am a bit baffled by the people that keep redirecting to Strog. And I am probably allocating stronger wolfy points to people that go there because of how village I have them. I am debating doing a re-read tomorrow morning and seeing if I was incorrect in my reads, But I was also more talking about the strong part than my part. You will tinfoil and wifom me until you are blue in the face. When you start doing that with others is when I get concerned for you :p
considering we don't know who is going to die tonight, I don't see a problem with jotting down a couple of my thoughts before I go back to work

I believe SAR also insinuated AM could be a wolf, and I commented on that, but since people are self-aware, it doesn't make sense to NK someone just because they called you out -- too obvious to me.
She did, and it wasn't right before she died by any means. And I don't think self-awareness has much of anything to do with it, tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmkay my current feels after the doggo flip, Nav I’m still getting the wolf tingles, it’s not really due to his aggressiveness, but I honestly read the AM/Nav interactions rather quickly so I may go back and reread. Pippy, AM, Miz, and coop all feel village to me. I don’t like that cubs has been voting me when it felt like there were also other options, but still we voted me, with (IMO) weaker reasoning. Also didn’t love him acting like the majority thing was a huge factor in his voting when I don’t think they were that close to maj.

strog and barks I think are my last remaining question marks that have a lot of content. Genny honestly feels okay to me, I see people keep commenting on her, but most of it is like she just doesn’t sound as sassy or whatever and that just feels like a weak justification for not really having to read someone. But she has been on the quieter side and maybe I’m getting a little biased because I am also extra busy lately.

Technically Staggs sub and jboo are question marks as well but that is more lack of content to judge for me than actual confusion.

Genny honestly feels okay to me, I see people keep commenting on her, but most of it is like she just doesn’t sound as sassy or whatever and that just feels like a weak justification for not really having to read someone. But she has been on the quieter side and maybe I’m getting a little biased because I am also extra busy lately.
That's my thoughts on genny too. Navilly just said that she wasn't her usual self and sassy.

There were a couple genny posts that talked about WW play in general that I thought were like "preaching to the choir" and that's the only thing I can see odd about genny. There was a post where she said that people lie in WW (duh...) and I felt that post didn't add value to the actual game.

Edited to add: She also posted "Would anyone like to borrow a cat for snuggles? I have several extra I can pass around...." which I think is a non-sequitur and seems like maybe pocketing people with cute cats.

If genny flips village, I might have to consider the possibility that Navilly is pocketing me big time -- up is down, down is up. I still can't get over my initial thoughts on Barkley...just being so non-specific and saying Navilly isn't contributing to wolf-hunting. When Coopah replied to Barks, Barks ignored her. When I replied to Barks, she ignored me too. She then mysteriously left the game and hasn't posted since. Weird strategy.

Last edited:
She fell asleep dude, she might wake up and finish later chill
I posted that because I'm assuming either the PR villagers or the wolves haven't gotten their night actions in to WildZoo. In other words, my post was directed at the wolves and PR villagers, not at WildZoo.

If in fact the culprit is WZ, then no harm, no foul.

I'm a bit confused at your "chill" run-on sentence though and you misreading me out of nowhere again. I haven't had you on my Wolf list, but I may put you on Neutral now since usually you know how to read me. Noted.

Last edited:
Is talking about strategy forbidden at Night? I can't remember the Trilt rule.

Edited to add:

WildZoo said:
Oh I forgot, in honor of trilt being co-mod, no strategy chatter between lynch close and writeup :p

So we're fine now. :horns: Only restriction is between lynch close and EOD write-up.

Last edited:
I posted that because I'm assuming either the PR villagers or the wolves haven't gotten their night actions in to WildZoo. In other words, my post was directed at the wolves and PR villagers, not at WildZoo.

If in fact the culprit is WZ, then no harm, no foul.

I'm a bit confused at your "chill" run-on sentence though and you misreading me out of nowhere again. I haven't had you on my Wolf list, but I may put you on Neutral now since usually you know how to read me. Noted.
Nah I said chill because it's been multiple times that you've mentioned. But I'm fine with you wolf reading me. Also lol at the idea I can read anyone anytime.

OK it's weird that AM and Dr Forgot to Flush are :mad: reacting each other's posts (even in this thread). If Dr ForgotToFlush were actually playing this game, I'd think that he and AM were either masons or in a wolf pack based on how they're responding to each other and have inside info as if they're PMing.

Last edited:
  • Okay...
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Nah just between right ups
titous.gif

:p

But FTF isn't playing. They're conversing in another thread, and he reacted to a joke post completely unrelated to this game.

And the timing of night close isn't something that should get factored into anyone's analysis. It has much more to do with when moderators are available to close, not with who is/is not submitting night actions. Even if it was the latter, it's considered angleshooting to use that kind of stuff, and it's not really relevant data anyways because it's not something villagers will ever have insight into. We will never see wolf chat, so it's pure off-topic conjecture.

Reactions: 1 users
Eh, I don't want to blindly follow Navilly's advice quite yet, especially since Doggo flipped village. I don't want to lynch genny based off that.

I'm reverting back to my initial D1-D2 suspicions on AM and now barks (especially with Barks' D2 posts). Therefore:

Contingency:
Unlynch genny
Lynch Barks

I'll feel considerably better about Barks if she will reply to Coopah's reply and my reply from D2.
Imma go study and do other things since this might be a long night cycle. See y'all tomorrow afternoon/evening!

Last edited:
But FTF isn't playing. They're conversing in another thread, and he reacted to a joke post completely unrelated to this game.
You're misunderstanding me. I didn't know that Navilly and miz were married. I'm getting the same impression that AM and Dr ForgotToFlush are married or something. That's all.

And the timing of night close isn't something that should get factored into anyone's analysis. It has much more to do with when moderators are available to close, not with who is/is not submitting night actions. Even if it was the latter, it's considered angleshooting to use that kind of stuff, and it's not really relevant data anyways because it's not something villagers will ever have insight into. We will never see wolf chat, so it's pure off-topic conjecture.
Eh, I've used players' activity levels successfully in the past in determining if they are a wolf or PR. This helped because we're privy to everyone's posts.

In this example, if the reason is not because the moderator is busy but we are in fact waiting on night actions, then people who aren't posting elsewhere on the forums are automatically at a higher probability of being the culprit as to what's holding up the Night Close, if that makes sense.

• Wow
In this example, if the reason is not because the moderator is busy but we are in fact waiting on night actions, then people who aren't posting elsewhere on the forums are automatically at a higher probability of being the culprit as to what's holding up the Night Close, if that makes sense.
I understand what you're saying, but people are going to get annoyed if that kind of thing gets used for the game. There are a lot of ways people participate on this forum; it's not particularly fair to go after people for their contributions to other threads (like admissions threads, for example) and it's typically met with disapproval.

Also, to the point about people not posting elsewhere holding others up... there is -- again -- no way to have insight into that. Unless it's your own role PM or you are able to hack an account, you have no way of knowing who is submitting things in PM and when they are doing it. After modding a bunch of times, I can tell you that plenty of players will log in to respond to their role PM and nothing else. People may also submit contingencies at 2pm in the afternoon.

It's a black box.

Night 2

Writeup when it's not 2:40am, I've gotta force myself to get back to sleep so I don't kill things in the morning.

Dead is @PippyPony, a vanillager

It is now Day 3. Lynch closes at 10pm EST, or when a single player acquires 6 votes.

11 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R
6. @PippyPony - Norm-R

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Night 2

Writeup when it's not 2:40am, I've gotta force myself to get back to sleep so I don't kill things in the morning.

Dead is @PippyPony, a vanillager

It is now Day 3. Lynch closes at 10pm EST, or when a single player acquires 6 votes.

11 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R
6. @PippyPony - Norm-R

I am pretty sure dubz just rojo’d and is a wolf.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

FYI: I added the first Coopah post below inside Pippy's quote btw and re-ordered the post for readability:

And this exchange is included as a bonus because it's just kinda weird
Barks didn't I did. Barks echoed my read on strogg basically right after I posted mine which could've been entirely coincidental. NAI = not indicative of affiliation

I’m gonna go with coincidental since it was when I happened to come on and read the thread. If it makes you feel better I placed a lynch vote before you did :p

Haha yes I do remember that! It does make me feel better though

Pippy wasn't the only one who thought that exchange between Coopah and Barks was weird. I did too at the time. Now I've been suspicious of Barks on Day 1 and Day 2, and my posts have gone unanswered too. I didn't really suspect Coopah, but it's possible I'm letting non-WW affinity get the best of me.

Does anyone else think that D1 exchange (see Pippy's quote above) between Coops and Bark felt...fake to me?

I'm gonna try to find the WW game from 2019 where Coops pocketed me as a known Wolf and compare her Wolf behavior in that game to her behavior in this game to see if she's acting similar or different.

Nah I think AM asked questions that make me want to pull my hair out all the time, and she's a damn good player (probably because of it *grumble*) but ok, you're sounding more frustrated village to me now. I might switch off, might not. I'm gonna let it ride tonight and see how I feel tomorrow
D1 post that seems wishy-washy-feely to me. :thinking:

See below:

That "discrepancy" was why you were voting for doggo for 2 days running, so, I would like you to point out what you meant.
Doggo originally had two people in her village category, myself and someone else who I’m forgetting. I asked her why me since I hadn’t been around much and she said oh jk I mixed up you and 3m, who also hadn’t been around much at all either. When pushed further she said that she only had 3m in a neutral/slight village category. The jumping around of classification and then the switch from what I saw as firmly village to mostly neutral gave me bad feelings.

FYI: I added the first Coopah post below inside Pippy's quote btw and re-ordered the post for readability:

Pippy wasn't the only one who thought that exchange between Coopah and Barks was weird. I did too at the time. Now I've been suspicious of Barks on Day 1 and Day 2, and my posts have gone unanswered too. I didn't really suspect Coopah, but it's possible I'm letting non-WW affinity get the best of me.

Does anyone else think that D1 exchange (see Pippy's quote above) between Coops and Bark felt...fake to me?

I'm gonna try to find the WW game from 2019 where Coops pocketed me as a known Wolf and compare her Wolf behavior in that game to her behavior in this game to see if she's acting similar or different.
Those quotes do not look w/w to me, no. I'm going to need you to give a read on non-Nav/non-(D1)BC players. Your scope is too narrow.