Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WAIT. If you've been analyzing "all day" what VCA means, why have you been silent up until the moment of lynch close?
Shhhh wait until write-up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WAIT. If you've been analyzing "all day" what VCA means, why have you been silent up until the moment of lynch close?
all day was an exaggeration, but in my catching up the last 30 minutes it was thrown around a lot

Day 2

When @Doggo Labs listened to her patient's chest, she knew she was in for an interesting case. This one had a murmur for sure! It had to be at least a IV/VI. She started working on her radiology and cardiology consult requests, not wanting to put this dog under anesthesia for a dental cleaning without a better understanding of his cardiac function.

Meanwhile, the others were eyeing her suspiciously. They didn't trust her auscultation abilities, and thought maybe she was trying to make everyone else look bad with her proactive workup approach prior to anesthesia.

A couple of the others listened to her patient themselves. They heard nothing abnormal.
"Nah Doggo, he doesn't have a murmur! Should be fine to get an alpha-2 pre-med. Otherwise he's such a spaz, how are you supposed to get a catheter in?"

She lacked the confidence to go against the opinions of multiple peers, so she drew up a classic Dex/torb combo for pre-meds and gave it IV. She soon knew she had made a grave mistake. Her patient's heartrate plummeted, and by the time she was able to give the reversal dose of atipamezole, it was too late.

Dead is @Doggo Labs, a vanillager

And welcome @WonderingStudent, who will be subbing in for @Stagg737

It is now Night 2. Deadline is ASAP!!!!

12 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
6. @PippyPony
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R

Reactions: 1 user
Day 2

When @Doggo Labs listened to her patient's chest, she knew she was in for an interesting case. This one had a murmur for sure! It had to be at least a IV/VI. She started working on her radiology and cardiology consult requests, not wanting to put this dog under anesthesia for a dental cleaning without a better understanding of his cardiac function.

Meanwhile, the others were eyeing her suspiciously. They didn't trust her auscultation abilities, and thought maybe she was trying to make everyone else look bad with her proactive workup approach prior to anesthesia.

A couple of the others listened to her patient themselves. They heard nothing abnormal.
"Nah Doggo, he doesn't have a murmur! Should be fine to get an alpha-2 pre-med. Otherwise he's such a spaz, how are you supposed to get a catheter in?"

She lacked the confidence to go against the opinions of multiple peers, so she drew up a classic Dex/torb combo for pre-meds and gave it IV. She soon knew she had made a grave mistake. Her patient's heartrate plummeted, and by the time she was able to give the reversal dose of atipamezole, it was too late.

Dead is @Doggo Labs, a vanillager

And welcome @WonderingStudent, who will be subbing in for @Stagg737

It is now Night 2. Deadline is ASAP!!!!

12 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
6. @PippyPony
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R
I'm loving all the use of anesthetic drugs! It's a good refresher!

Because wolves don't make a flip onto a villager to save another villager like they did. There is no point in doing something so high profile.
Enough with the absolutes dude, wolves can do whatever they want. I doubt both of them are wolves but I definitely think barks is a wolf.

Since Doggo flipped V, you are saying genny now. Refresh me on why.

genny was the first person on BigCats on D1 and stuck with it. How are AM and barks off the hook now?
AM is more the way they have responded to me throughout today and yesterday. She isn't off the hook but she is backed off to neutral.

Barks is not off the hook, but is now thirdish on my wolf reads, genny is at the top. There is a thing called the genny way, which involves genny being sassy, having bite to her posts, the right amount of joking. She is talking dejected this game, providing little rationale for things, it's just not her as a villager.

There also doesn't seem to be a drive on Genny's end to realistically wolf hunt. Her catching up from when she says she is catching up to when she posts has also felt.... not long. Feels more like she is just touching base with wolf chat and coming back to vote based off of that.

Because wolves don't make a flip onto a villager to save another villager like they did. There is no point in doing something so high profile.
Roger.

Contingency lynch genny
(then maybe Barks)

Barks is not off the hook, but is now thirdish on my wolf reads, genny is at the top. There is a thing called the genny way, which involves genny being sassy, having bite to her posts, the right amount of joking. She is talking dejected this game, providing little rationale for things, it's just not her as a villager.

There also doesn't seem to be a drive on Genny's end to realistically wolf hunt. Her catching up from when she says she is catching up to when she posts has also felt.... not long. Feels more like she is just touching base with wolf chat and coming back to vote based off of that.
All this talk about the "genny way" makes me think you've played a few games together. Interesting.

I'm paying more attention to Reactions this time, and genny is mildly sassy. But you are correct that her activity level is low-ish.

Members don't see this ad :)
Enough with the absolutes dude, wolves can do whatever they want. I doubt both of them are wolves but I definitely think barks is a wolf.
I do still have Barks as wolfier than AM for that move, fwiw. But neither of them are at the top of the wolfy priorities for me anymore and I am ok moving AM into solid village land.

@Coopah I also think you get to go in the village column based on D1 + this. Was no real need to switch over to BigKitties in such a loud way if you were a wolf saving a villager, so the move seems on the whole pretty village.

I do still have Barks as wolfier than AM for that move, fwiw. But neither of them are at the top of the wolfy priorities for me anymore and I am ok moving AM into solid village land.
I think moving AM to solid village land ever is a mistake. I got burned in gladiators for doing that.

No I'm saying you're letting other people dictate your reads
Well my reads have AM and Barks both wolfy. But since doggo flipped villager, people are saying that strategically we should give AM and Barks more leeway. So Nav is saying that genny is next.

I dunno. genny was the first to vote BigCats on D1 pretty early. I don't know if that means anything at all.

Well my reads have AM and Barks both wolfy. But since doggo flipped villager, people are saying that strategically we should give AM and Barks more leeway. So Nav is saying that genny is next.

I dunno. genny was the first to vote BigCats on D1 pretty early. I don't know if that means anything at all.
An early D1 vote? Unlikely to yield results. But hey, anything can work once (in WW)

What's an angel and Hunter?
I mean, besides
giphy.gif

• Love
Long night cycle. :thinking:

I assume in a basics game there is at least 1-2 PR like maybe Angel, Hunter, Seer. It's taking a while to get night actions in.

If it’s a basics game it should include 1 affiliation seer, 1 protector, wolves with no abilities. If she is feeling really scandalous, you can add in a blocker.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I, meanwhile, remain ever optimistic of no seers because surely they must have quite the list by this post.

I, meanwhile, remain ever optimistic of no seers because surely they must have quite the list by this post.

Basic games include seers. Full stop. If they don’t they are playing off of the idea of basic, but it’s not basic.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Basic games include seers. Full stop. If they don’t they are playing off of the idea of basic, but it’s not basic.
I think I'll end up in a argument with you over this not unlike @Lawper's insistence of what a true 3p is. I'll leave it your ballpark if you want to continue this debate, but I do wholewheartedly disagree.

I think I'll end up in a argument with you over this not unlike @Lawper's insistence of what a true 3p is. I'll leave it your ballpark if you want to continue this debate, but I do wholewheartedly disagree.

Give that I owned mafbot from 2006 to 2009, I have some degree of knowing what I am talking about with basics games. And why I got bored by them and started pushing mechanic limits, including changes I made to mafbot to make it become not basics games anymore.

What's "3p"? All this lingo isn't in the WW Glossary.

I'm also a little confused AM why you would "end up in a [sic] argument" with Nav over there being a seer in a basics game. Every game I've played has had some kind of seer role. :shrug:

Why is this the hill to die on? Why so argumentative? I'm so confused since on the one hand you seem to be hardcore experienced, but I read earlier today that you didn't start playing WW until 2017? :eek: So how are you that experienced if you've only played a few years? And if you're that experienced, why would you say that basics games have no seers? :shrug:

Either way, it's incorrect to argue that basics games do not have seers.

@PippyPony im having a hard time finding the post you meant. Can you give me the sparknotes version of the question you wanted me to answer?

See below:
I don’t like the discrepancy between actions and her reads list. I get the 3m/miz mix up but 3m hadn’t said much at this point either.
Can you explain where that discrepancy is because I just iso'd her and saw zero discrepancy.

That "discrepancy" was why you were voting for doggo for 2 days running, so, I would like you to point out what you meant.

Give that I owned mafbot from 2006 to 2009, I have some degree of knowing what I am talking about with basics games. And why I got bored by them and started pushing mechanic limits, including changes I made to mafbot to make it become not basics games anymore.
I have no idea what mafbot is, but would be interested in hearing more about it. I suppose to debate what basics is and isn't, I need to know what definition we're working with. I call it "any game that is >70% vanilla". I've jumped a lot of site and noticed that seems to be the case there and here. Therefore a vig 9'er, mountainous, and tracker 10'er are all examples basic. I would agree most basic games have an investigative role, but seer, specifically, is optional (and I find it more fun that way).

What's "3p"? All this lingo isn't in the WW Glossary.

I'm also a little confused AM why you would "end up in a [sic] argument" with Nav over there being a seer in a basics game. Every game I've played has had some kind of seer role. :shrug:

Why is this the hill to die on? Why so argumentative? I'm so confused since on the one hand you seem to be hardcore experienced, but I read earlier today that you didn't start playing WW until 2017? :eek: So how are you that experienced if you've only played a few years? And if you're that experienced, why would you say that basics games have no seers? :shrug:

Either way, it's incorrect to argue that basics games do not have seers.
Eh, at the barest of minimums your first prevet game didn't have a seer. I actually started in 2016 (but didn't have a manator at that point so bumbled around), so closer to four years. I'll count that as experienced. Will never say mastered because that's impossible, but after this amount of time I can safely say I'm familiar with the format.

I have no idea what mafbot is, but would be interested in hearing more about it. I suppose to debate what basics is and isn't, I need to know what definition we're working with. I call it "any game that is >70% vanilla". I've jumped a lot of site and noticed that seems to be the case there and here. Therefore a vig 9'er, mountainous, and tracker 10'er are all examples basic. I would agree most basic games have an investigative role, but seer, specifically, is optional (and I find it more fun that way).
There used to be a "typical" game set up, which I don't know if it was modeled after the board game at the top (and this is back in the mid 2000s)

Anyway, IRC (throw back for those who used to be early computer gamers) had some mafia/werewolf channels, but the main channel with the most activity (the only one that would reach games up to 40-50 people) was mafbot. I played in the mafbot channel probably since I was 12/13, played consistently enough that I moved up in rank to admin, person who owned the bot wanted to hand off the bot and taught me how to run it. So I maintained it until I was like 17/18, when IRC started to die down in popularity for other chat interfaces for gaming.

But people that designed their bots on IRC typically designed it around the same style as mafbot. So the typical set up of it was in a 10 player game, you had 2 mafia, 1 affiliation seer, and 1 doctor, at 13 you added another wolf and a blocker. And it was typically limited to these really basic types of roles. They didn't even include watchers/trackers/etc. But still played mostly vanillas. I changed it up to start adding a Godfather role, lawyer roles, doctors with the ability to poison once you hit a certain number of players, serial killer, I added a tracker, innocent child got added once you started getting really high up in numbers, and then crazier roles like bombs once you got even higher up. It got pretty complicated with the coding behind it, and I had no real grasp on coding at the time, so it did require help from others which limited some of my more grand plans.

Overall was a lot of fun, and it's a very different game when you can real time chat rather than post and respond. Sometimes you don't even have an opportunity to read through everyone's posts, especially in the larger games.

I get that the definition has evolved, especially on places like MU, but it did mean something different in the forgotten past, where old farts like me used to live.

Kudos, you have earned 1 village point. Don't spend it all in one place.

We are on opposite schedules right now, so we are limited in how much we are seeing each other in person right now (I am on 12-9pm or 5-1 am+ shifts. So normally I don't know her day to day movements, but I was on a 5-1 shift, and she was sick.

The sad thing is, this isn;t wrong. Similar to how AM would have been dead today for me. Some things go back to principle and outside of strategy.

Question, is it an either or scenario based off of where I went yesterday, are you thinking pack, or what is your actual thought process?
Oh I wasn’t listing that off as a pack thing just my most Wolfy suspects at the time, vs some more question mark folks who I could lean wolf.

Going down the SAR wifom path that I didn't want to go down a few hours ago...

- Nav using it to try to frame AM earlier today looks mehhhh
- Strog would have had reason to kill SAR because she insinuated he could be a wolf

Anyway, IRC (throw back for those who used to be early computer gamers)
Incidentally, I run the current unofficial SDN Lounge IRC channel (#wolfsden on Rizon) and people voted it be called #wolfsden in honor of WW. Ha!

I've actually considered using IRC to run some speed games. As soon as I get around to it. We've definitely had some WW speed games here in IRC. They're stupid fast paced!

Last edited: