Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's be real... No. I don't remember what the literature reported the percent of dogs infected with CIRD or whatever and I don't know the number of microns is needed to penetrate the smallest airways. Why is this important? I don't know.
That seems like stuff you could look up in the real world and wouldn't need to recall on the spot. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably for the best since I am about to go into a gastrotomy and then back again about 8 hours after that surgery will end. Good luck village!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Fell asleep when I got home. Woke up at 3 or 4 am because of course (sleep schedules are annoying things). Been trying to analyze the thread but haven't completely caught up and just want to put some thoughts down before I have to go to work soonish.

AM:
Nav was on Doggo.
There was a tie <2 minutes to close with Nav on one of the candidates. Tell me exactly what I should have done differently since lynching a noob is wrong and Nav is a terrible vote. I didn't see comments from you outside of being reasonably displeased with the lower activity. Nothing about where I should move my vote. So this seems rather the unusual talking point post-lynch given all that.

D3 Lynch Tally - CHECK YO VOTES

genny (1) - Nav
Barks (4) - Strog, Coop, miz, AM
dolphin (1) - jboo
Nav (4) -Barks, cubs, Wonder, genny
cubs (1) - dolphin

AM was concerned about ties the other night but last night she created the tie and didn't try to break the tie (ie getting people to move votes or something so we didn't end in a tie).

Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally
Nav (1) - AM
AM
(1) - Strog
Pippy (2) - SAR, dolphin
SAR () -
Strog (2) - Barks, Coop
Coop (1) - Pippy
Doggo
(1) - Nav

8/15
lynch close in ~9 hours

Nav (1) - AM
AM (3) - Strog, Nav, BC
Pippy (2) - SAR, dolphin
SAR () -
Strog (2) - Barks, Coop
Coop (1) - Pippy
Doggo
() -
BC (1) - genny

10/15
lynch close in ~4.5 hours

Nav (1) - AM
AM (2) - Strog, BC
Pippy
(2) - SAR, dolphin
SAR () -
Strog (2) - Barks, Coop
Coop (1) - Pippy
Doggo
(2) - Nav, Miz
BC (1) - genny

11/15
lynch close in ~3 hours

Day 1 Let's Get A Thorough History... Lynch Tally

nav (2) - AM, doggo
AM (2) - strog, bigcats
pippy
(1) - dolphino
SAR () -
strog (2)- barks, coop
coop (1) - pip
doggo
(2) - nav, miz
bigcats (1) - genny
dolphin (1) - cubs

12/15 votes

Day 1 Let's Get A Thorough History... Lynch Tally

nav (2) - AM, doggo
AM (2) - strog, bigcats
pippy
(1) - dolphino
SAR () -
strog (1)- barks
coop (1) - pip
doggo
(2) - nav, miz
bigcats (2) - genny, coop
dolphin (1) - cubs

Unofficial D2 Lynch Tally
dolphin (1) - Pippy
Nav
(1) - AM

2/13
lynch close in ~22.5 hours

dolphin () -
Nav (1) - AM
Barks (2) - Coop, Strog
Doggo (3) - dolphin, Pippy, miz

6/13
lynch close in ~10 hours

dolphin () -
Nav (2) - AM, Doggo
Barks
(2) - Coop, Strog
Doggo (4) - dolphin, Pippy, miz, Nav
Strog (1) - Barks

9/13
lynch close in ~5 hours

Day 2 Was that a MURMUR?? Lynch Tally
dolphin (1) - jboo
Nav (5) - AM, Doggo, cubs, Barks, genny
Barks (2) - Coop, Strog
Doggo (4) - dolphin, miz, Nav, Pippy
Strog () -

Navilly You are winning!

12/13
lynch close in 20 MINUTES (10pm EST) or majority (7 votes on one player)
Missing: Stagg

Day 2 Was that a MURMUR?? Lynch Tally
dolphin (1) - jboo
Barks () -
Doggo (6) - dolphin, miz, Nav, Pippy, strog, coop
Strog () -

@Doggo Labs You are winning!

12/13
lynch close in 5 MINUTES (10pm EST) or majority (7 votes on one player)
Missing: Stagg

Unofficial D3 Lynch Tally
genny () -
Barks (1) - Strog
dolphin (1) - jboo
Nav (1) - AM

3/11
lynch close in ~10 hours

Unofficial D3 Lynch Tally
genny (1) - Nav
Barks
(2) - Strog, Coop
dolphin (1) - jboo
Nav (3) - AM, Barks, cubs

7/11
lynch close in ~4 hours

D3 Lynch Tally - CHECK YO VOTES

genny (1) - Nav
Barks (4) - Strog, Coop, miz, AM
dolphin (1) - jboo
Nav (4) - Barks, cubs, Wonder, genny
cubs (1) - dolphin

10/11
Not sure who was missing but whoever it was YOU'RE GONNA GET IT

Coopah:

Because if she doesn't vote me with no listed reason or #reasons, she's clearly been possessed by demons (not the fun kind)
... hey cubs, you're being awfully jokey. it's cause we're buddies and not cause you're tryna pocket me yeah?
Noted down that Coop talked about cubs being jokey and possibly trying to pocket them but yet Coop has been very jokey.

-------

Point of fact, if I was a wolf, you'd be dead
Coop commenting this makes me push them village actually because seems way too weird to say this, be a wolf, and end up NK pippy after saying this that they would kill pippy if they were wolf

Then I see these posts and all of the people who ended up being lynched and flip village makes me question (but truly village always makes bad reads so not really evidence; just thinking of the possibility of Coop being wolf and trying to push people in these directions for lynch):
Barks echoed my strogg read

Doggo echoed my frustrated villager comment, as did big cats. Which I pointed out. Keep digging I'm sure you'll find something to stick somewhere

But I also find Pippy's comment to this post interesting:
I'm just trying to get clarification on these things because they don't make sense to me

They apparently didn't make much sense to the people involved, either, so I don't think it's just me who was confused

Genny:
She didn't speak that much in the soccer game much (not sure if that's because she had the power as captain to PM people or what). Do want to hear more from her. I was getting sus feels from them from early posts but nothing concrete.

Did note that Pippy said D2 that: "If Doggo is village, I would like to lynch genny"
Then Genny's next post (later on in the day from pippy's) says that she is less concerned about Doggo after her participation yesterday. Thinking maybe if Genny is wolf she was trying to get off the Doggo lynch since then it would be her wolfy head next.

Reactions: 1 user
I was excited to play with my manator and then those stinkin' wolves had to come and mess that up :mad:

My initial thought of why Pippy was NK'd was for the wolves to frame me (not sure if I'm just being self-centered or what that I think this kill had anything to do with me; the timing just seemed annoying or convenient to me since I literally was just being subbed in and Pippy made a comment before night results about her being able to check if I'm using any of her tips on how to be a wolf). Framing me line of thinking: Pippy's comment about being able to check if I'm using her wolfy tips => Wondering kills Pippy to hide this possible tell.

If you need anyone else to check if I'm using Pippy's tips, Coopah was mod for the noob game so can see all of Pippy's wolf tips. Theoretically, coop would be able to check if I'm using those tips.

Anyway, Summary: I got beef with wolf pack for killing Pippy before I even got to interact and question if she was village or wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Night 3

It was the middle of the night and @johnnaboo was on call for emergencies. Sure enough, she was called in to work up and run a protocol for a GDV. Halfway through the surgery, she was exhausted and frustrated, because her patient just wasn't breathing on his own, and the ventilator wasn't working. She'd had to manually bag him the whole time, and it was tiring. Thankfully her backup was called in, so she was able to take a break. She rounded them on the case and they took over while she stepped out for some fresh air. She was making her way back a few minutes later when she realized something was wrong - there were loud, frantic voices coming from the OR. She rushed in and saw a technician performing CPR, and when she looked around for the student who had relieved her, they were nowhere to be found. Her patient's tongue rolled out of his mouth, and it was a terrible blue color. She pulled up the multimonitor history to try to see what had gone wrong, and saw that he had barely been breathing, his CO2 had risen into the 70s, and his SpO2 had dropped dangerously low. Se hcould have sworn she had told the other student it would be necessary to breathe for him...

Dead is @johnnaboo, who was a vanillager
It is now Day 4. Lynch deadline is 10pm EST.

8 players remain. Numerically speaking, it is LyLo, so majority is not in effect today.

1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
14. @mizchiefmanaged

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R
6. @PippyPony - Norm-R
15. @Navilly - Norm-R
13. @Barkley13 - Norm-R
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo - Norm-R

Unofficial D4 Lynch Tally
genny (1) - AM

1/8
lynch close in ~11.5 hours

At least we know it's lylo. Thanks mods! Any info would help guys. We gotta lynch a wolf tonight or the game is done.

I'm going to try and catch up on the 12 pages I have not read and hopefully have thoughts on who I think should be pressured.

At least we know it's lylo. Thanks mods! Any info would help guys. We gotta lynch a wolf tonight or the game is done.

I'm going to try and catch up on the 12 pages I have not read and hopefully have thoughts on who I think should be pressured.
Which 12 pages did you not read? I'm confused about this in regards to some of the posts made early this morning.

Is no one going to comment about my points I raised above or is my comments about things that happened a few days ago too old news?

Is no one going to comment about my points I raised above or is my comments about things that happened a few days ago too old news?
I can't really tell where your reads are at based on those posts. There's an argument made for being both wolf and village in the same paragraph on the latter two and no personal interpretation on the first one.

Night 3

It was the middle of the night and @johnnaboo was on call for emergencies. Sure enough, she was called in to work up and run a protocol for a GDV. Halfway through the surgery, she was exhausted and frustrated, because her patient just wasn't breathing on his own, and the ventilator wasn't working. She'd had to manually bag him the whole time, and it was tiring. Thankfully her backup was called in, so she was able to take a break. She rounded them on the case and they took over while she stepped out for some fresh air. She was making her way back a few minutes later when she realized something was wrong - there were loud, frantic voices coming from the OR. She rushed in and saw a technician performing CPR, and when she looked around for the student who had relieved her, they were nowhere to be found. Her patient's tongue rolled out of his mouth, and it was a terrible blue color. She pulled up the multimonitor history to try to see what had gone wrong, and saw that he had barely been breathing, his CO2 had risen into the 70s, and his SpO2 had dropped dangerously low. Se hcould have sworn she had told the other student it would be necessary to breathe for him...

Dead is @johnnaboo, who was a vanillager
It is now Day 4. Lynch deadline is 10pm EST.

8 players remain. Numerically speaking, it is LyLo, so majority is not in effect today.

1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
7. @Stagg737 ---> @WonderingStudent
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
14. @mizchiefmanaged

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R
3. @Doggo Labs - Norm-R
6. @PippyPony - Norm-R
15. @Navilly - Norm-R
13. @Barkley13 - Norm-R
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo - Norm-R
Thanks for the nightmare fuel, dubz.

GO GET EM VILLAGE

Reactions: 2 users
Nooo, miz don't go easy on her. :(
You were in my V column until you gave genny an out.

I was pretty sure Nav was village this whole game, hence my comfort with him "pocketing" me (per cubs). I was sure Barks was wolfy and annoyed that had she not ignored my attempts at clarification only one person (Nav) would've died instead of two V's.

On second thought, cubs... :thinking: Cubs is not in my V column. Neutral at best. Cubs commented several times on me getting in Nav's pocket.

1. You assign me wolf points for lynching a villager, but not yourself? Youre always going to lynch more villagers than wolves in this game, so if mislynching makes you a wolf, then we're all wolves.

2. Before I even made the comment that you were in Nav's pocket, you made the comment yourself like a page or two before which I found on reread. So if youre giving me wolf points for these things, then you get some yourself as well.

Thanks for the nightmare fuel, dubz.

GO GET EM VILLAGE
I almost did that writeup using one of my patients because it was kind of a nightmare anesthesia situation and a really interesting protocol, but he lived (and did super well!) and it felt like bad juju as I was writing it :laugh: soooo...that came straight from my brain :oops:

They were pretty interesting posts, and I respect the chemistry effort.
Nav (4) - Barks, cubs, Wonder, genny
Only n=2 at this point, but in the D2 and D3 lynch tallies was a cubs-someone-genny sandwich at the tail end. On Day 2, Barks (villager) was the meat in the sandwich. On Day 3, Wonder was the meat.

I wonder if this means anything; i.e. the wolves wanted at least one person as "separation" between them.

If anyone wants to talk anesthesia nightmares, our third years had to leave their patients on the table under anesthetic, some part of the way through surgery for AN HOUR unattended this year because a fire alarm unnecessarily went off and they had to be out of building that long. Luckily nothing too dramatic happened but jeez...

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
We have to be careful with voting because with this majority vote rule, wolves can jump on someone and end up with automatic lynch.

Okay, let's start with yourself. What are your reads?
I'm slowly trying to read through the thread so that I have all of the info we currently have. At work and will be here until lynch close. Sorry but even though I am "here" doesn't mean I am able to read this chat in depth that fast. Trying to balance reading the chat and dealing with clients and dogs

I'm slowly trying to read through the thread so that I have all of the info we currently have. At work and will be here until lynch close. Sorry but even though I am "here" doesn't mean I am able to read this chat in depth that fast. Trying to balance reading the chat and dealing with clients and dogs
This is needed for activity though. Asking for people to post will get less of a response then giving something to start a conversation with. Though the longer the list takes, the less weight it carries, particularly for getting village read.

Not particularly. Still waiting on WonderStagg's list. With your weirdness last night, strog's sudden Cubs push when only one mislynch is needed, Coop's talking in circles, genny's progressive descent to more wolfy territory, I honestly just want to throw a dart somewhere and hope it sticks. Wolf pack is probably something nowhere even close to my radar like a Miz/Strog/AM or a Coop/Genny/Wonder.

Miz
AM/Coop
Strog/Genny
Dolphin

Something in this arena. Not even sure where to put WonderStagg. Feels like she posted a bunch of lynch trackers without actually giving full reads to say hey look here, im doing stuff! Pretty dead in here otherwise, doesnt help the critical thinking aspect.

Not particularly. Still waiting on WonderStagg's list. With your weirdness last night, strog's sudden Cubs push when only one mislynch is needed, Coop's talking in circles, genny's progressive descent to more wolfy territory, I honestly just want to throw a dart somewhere and hope it sticks. Wolf pack is probably something nowhere even close to my radar like a Miz/Strog/AM or a Coop/Genny/Wonder.

Miz
AM/Coop
Strog/Genny
Dolphin

Something in this arena. Not even sure where to put WonderStagg. Feels like she posted a bunch of lynch trackers without actually giving full reads to say hey look here, im doing stuff! Pretty dead in here otherwise, doesnt help the critical thinking aspect.
Which side has the village reads? Also you can always vote early to spur duscussion. We're doing plurality.

Ok ok I'm thinking cubs or genny, don't have to worry about Maj. Here we go!

Lynch Genny

(This feels like another multiple choice question that I don't know the answer to)

Which side has the village reads? Also you can always vote early to spur duscussion. We're doing plurality.

Top Village. And if yall are confident with Genny, I dont have a problem there, since conversation has currently stalled and I dont want wolves to be able to figure a way out of a lynch if village is doing nothing. Her comments to AM last night definitely shifted her higher on my reads list.

Lynch Genny

@Animal Midwife @mizchiefmanaged @cubsrule4e you guys were on right before lynch close but didn't do anything about the tie and didn't seem very concerned with it. Any comments? Reasoning?

Also @genny you said in your lynch vote last night that you were ok with either a Barks or Nav vote so logically you could have changed your vote from Nav to Barks to break the tie and that would align with who you thought was suspicious/wolf. Why didn't you do so?

I’m starting to have second thoughts on Barks but I have no idea who I’d rather vote. I could tinfoil about dolphin but idk.
I see this post now. It still seems strange that you didn't bring people's attention to the tie and that someone needs to break it