aPD & co appreciation thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Houmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just to say thanks to aPD, glutonc & many others that seem to come on here in their spare time to help us paranoid applicants when I know they could be doing other things.

Reading over the past years' threads and recent ones y'all have given great amounts of help and that has translated into me having a much more prepared and informed application than would have been possible otherwise and I'm sure this is exactly the same scenario for others so just saying thanks guys.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto. I've been on this site for years and it was a select few that posted actual relevant and helpful information that made me keep coming back. Applying this cycle and this site has been invaluable throughout my med school journey.

I agree.
I truly appreciate all the help you have provided to all of us over the years.
Thank you so much :)

Ditto the sentiments in this thread. I've been around SDN and seen the help they've provided, but it's different when you're in the applicant's chair.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Couldn't agree more. Having people like aPD and mcl here is invaluable.

Thank you for starting this tread. You guys are awesome 4 so.

Agreed! We truly appreciate it!

Most definitely agree! Thank you so much for everything!

Agreed! Thank you so much for all of your help!

Here here! We would have been so much more lost were it not for their guidance. It's truly been incredible!

Definitely agree. I've learned a ton from gutonc, jdh, aPD, and others who've invested a ton of time into helping the rest of us out. We all really appreciate it.

I am deeply grateful for the advice from aPD, Gutonc, and other program directors and attendings who are on this forum. The advice has been very useful to me not only this year, but in the past also. Furthermore, not only do their direct answers to my questions help me, but their responses to others are very helpful. I have done a search through these forums numerous times (before asking a question to see if others have already asked the same), and I have often found answers to my questions from these guys from prior months/years. They have been a huge resource to help me navigate this process of making residency a (hopeful) reality for me soon.

If that weren't enough, the fact that they are helping medical students on an anonymous forum without even their name attached to their work.... well, I guess that is one of the truest forms of community service.

Thank you all most sincerely. Your time and advice truly means so much for those of us going through medical school and residency. :love: :thumbup:

Last edited:
aPD and gutonc are both amazing people. I've even PMed aPD a few times, and honestly didn't think he could reply back because he's so busy and also because he's replying back to other people on different threads. He PMed me back the same day with a very thorough answer and for me it was sort of life changing. I have a weak app as it is, and with both aPD and gutonc's advice, I know for a fact that I wouldn't have been in this much better situation now. Thank you both.

If you guys ever want to buy each of them a gift card for like starbucks or something, please let me know so I can chip in.