PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you pass the USA jobs portion, you are very very likely to get an interview. It is not unheard of, however, to still be rejected at that point. Good luck!

How will we know if we passed the USA jobs app?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How will we know if we passed the USA jobs app?

I second this question. The phone number they gave for us if we had any questions regarding the app, when I called the lady agreed to look over my app when I submitted but all she said in her email was the list of the name of my documents I uploaded. It sounded like she was going to verify if my application was complete but now I still don’t know. As long as we had the required documents we pass it right? According to her, all we really needed was a transcript..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: State Operated Forensic Services
Date Invitation Received: 11/30/2018
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): NA
Offered Interview Dates: January 15, 16, 17
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Alternating between drinking coffee and wine

Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: Ohio University Counseling Center
Date Invitation Received: 11/30
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/8

Reactions: 3 users
Any book recommendations? I may be purchasing some for something to do on all these flights.

Your status will say something like "you have been found qualified for this position."

Thanks! I checked the status yesterday and it still said “received ” - so I’ll just keep checking back!

Edit: still says received/being processed now I have a new thing to obsessively check besides just the email

Edit x2: just remembered how the federal offices won’t be working over the weekend like some other sites do... it will be a long few days until Monday

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Having gotten more rejections than I’d even like to admit, and silence from my top site today (Samaritan), I’ve definitely been struggling to stay positive and keep perspective. Not sure if anyone else is in this boat or not, but if you are you’re welcome to participate in this calendar with me...my kids and I do something like this every year and I’m hoping it’ll help me keep a clear mind and positive attitude

You’ll be ok. I got 6 rejections so far and only one invite. I hear all you need is one interview. I like your calendar.

Also received the invites for the Munroe-Meyer Institute Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders Program
Offered interview date: 1/04/18

Anyone know the best way to dress for the open house the day before on 1/3?

As someone who interviewed there last year, I can tell you 99% of the people there were in suits for the open house and the interview the following day. For the social hour later that evening, people dressed a bit more casually (i.e., cute dress and tights, dark jeans and a nice blouse, etc). Hope this helps! :)

Anyone else dying waiting to hear results after the USA jobs app?

I’m interested to hear how it turns out for everyone that made it through the the initial first round to get to the USAJOBS application process. I think it’s a bit unfair you have to undergo a second round of scrutiny from their HR department to secure an interview though. I’m rooting for everyone, good luck!

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal phone call
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Alternating between drinking coffee and wine

What time did you hear from this site? I’m waiting to hear about my status...

Can the owner of Lila the black pug please post another pic? She melts my heart!!!

What time did you hear from this site? I’m waiting to hear about my status...

Heard back around 6:00PM tonight. Good luck!

Oh? Have you known people whose status said "highly qualified" or "best qualified"?

IMG_1345.JPG

I thought I read it on the usajobs site....let me see if I can find it.

A friend of mine works for the feds in an OD position. She’s worked in the field for a long time and is consistently ranked best qualified for jobs she applied for within the government.

DISLIKE.

I’m so sorry. I know you really wanted this.

Thank you :) mostly sad because it’s close to home for me, which I’ve been away from for 5 years. It’s okay though! I know i have a lot of really great interviews lined up.

Reactions: 4 users
Was really hoping to be done with the waiting today...but looks like I have one more weekend to get through. Really have to switch gears - leave home for 5 weeks starting Thursday for interviewing!!! Just made the longest to do list ever. Can’t believe my first interview is next week!

This is how me and the pup feel tonight
upload_2018-11-30_20-44-11.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users
Official Site Name: University of Illinois Chicago Counseling Center
Date Invitation Received: 11/30
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10

(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: sane?

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty sure the Phoenix VA forgot about me This is the first site that I haven’t received any correspondence from by their stated notification date. Might try to inquire next week on the status of my application if I don’t hear anything in the meantime

Also wondering is anyone has received rejections from Missouri Consortium, Orlando VA, Ann Arbor VA, or the Northern California VA?? I know they all sent out invites, but I haven’t seen anything about rejections yet.

Northern California VA?? I know they all sent out invites, but I haven’t seen anything about rejections yet.

Quite a few people I know did NOT hear from Northern California VA today. Looks like only neuro track received word today. Inside scoop: some rejections have been sent. If you have not received one, you are still being considered!

Ohhh. Gotcha. I could have sworn everyone said theirs simply indicated "qualified."

It might. I applied but didn’t get any BOP interviews but maybe since students are entry level psychologists they might be ranked as only qualified vs the other rankings. Good luck to you all!

Thanks! I checked the status yesterday and it still said “received ” - so I’ll just keep checking back!

Edit: still says received/being processed now I have a new thing to obsessively check besides just the email

Edit x2: just remembered how the federal offices won’t be working over the weekend like some other sites do... it will be a long few days until Monday

Don’t worry, mine says received as well

Can the owner of Lila the black pug please post another pic? She melts my heart!!!

Haha sure. She's actually a French Bulldog, but they do look similar to pugs and I also hope to own a pug one day.:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.24.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.24.34 PM.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.24.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.24.19 PM.png
    369 KB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.23.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.23.34 PM.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: 16 users
Quite a few people I know did NOT hear from Northern California VA today. Looks like only neuro track received word today. Inside scoop: some rejections have been sent. If you have not received one, you are still being considered!

Okay great, thanks for the info!