Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just reading through the ADEA guide to dental schools and I came across Arizona......it does not say anything about residency requirements. So is Arizona public and accept mainly instate or is it private and evaluate everyone equaly regardless of residency status?

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting...I guess I just always assumed it was a public school. Perhaps I shall add to my list of schools to apply to in the upcoming cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
drpduck,

Since you obviously know little about Arizona, I would advise you to seriously research Arizona before applying there. I can HONESTLY say that I would NOT have applied there if I knew then what I know now. And I'm not just saying that because I was rejected. I dont have any 'hard feelings' just something I can now see in retrospect.

I would have also not applied to Loma Linda.

Shawn

drpduck,

Since you obviously know little about ShawnOne, I would advise you to seriously research his posts before applying there. I can HONESTLY say that I would NOT have listened to him if I knew then what I know now. And I'm not just saying that . I dont have any 'hard feelings' just something I can now see in retrospect.

I would also remember that these are OPINIONS and take it all with a grain of salt.

jojo88

jojo88, do I know you?

You are absolutely correct, these are all OPINIONS, and I am entitled to express mine without having some fool posting doubts about my background. And by all means, please do check my background, I'll see I'm a completely legit member of this board.

I have reasons I regret applying to Arizona. And since your calling me out, i will list them for you.

1) They only have 54 spots. That means statistically less chance of acceptance. I also prefer the huge student body I experienced at Nova's HPD.

2) They seem to be way too arrogant from what I have heard on SDN. I personally would rather go to a school with a reputation of catering to students, i.e. PENN or BU or Nova.

3) Dont particularly like the idea of not having full-time faculty or the module system Gavin has described in his journal.

Positives:

1) New facility - Cutting edge technology (so i hear)

2) Cheap cost of living.

Now if you wish to attack me personally for having views that dont 'make you happy', then go right ahead...

Why do you take everything so darn personally?

Originally posted by ShawnOne

3) Dont particularly like the idea of not having full-time faculty or the module system Gavin has described in his journal.

Good post Shawn, with one error: we DO have full-time faculty!

The newest hire is Dr. Morris Resibick from the Ohio State University College of Dentistry: http://asdoh.atsu.edu/pr/archives/2003/reisbick_new_faculty.htm

And of course, if I had to do it all over again, I would have saved my money and ONLY applied to Arizona :D

ShawnOne,

Nothing personal. Your follow up post is good info. But to give a new guy advice like "watch out for Arizona" ...and then no backup info... is not helping him any...it just creates false impressions

I guess I'm just getting tired of seeing Arizona attacked because it is the new kid on the block.

Just to clear the record I never said "watch out for Arizona" as quoted.

I said "I would advise you to seriously research Arizona before applying there", which I would recommend for ALL school you apply to and not just Arizona. I think most SDN'ers would agree.