All Branch Topic (ABT) ARNG or USAR during residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ALTOSS

A Soldier Medic
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys -

I am considering joining the ARNG or the Reserves with 24 month stabilization while completing residency (endo). I have heard some positive and negative things about whether it is worth it. I understand the location and unit will largely dictate the overall experience. I would like to know more specific details and workload during monthly drills, annual ADT, and flex training options. Also, I have heard the time spent during the annual ADT does not count toward your personal vacation time during residency. Is this true? Has anyone used the CME reimbursement benefits, and if so, how was the overall process? Any guidance will be helpful. Thanks!
 
Last edited: