Asdoh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The 54 sounds like the same number that Joyce spoke of last week...except that was for # of offers sent out. She said that only 38 had paid deposits at that point. So I wonder if every one of the remaining 54 paid between then and now, or if that's what Dakota meant by 54? I hope it's the latter, because if it's really down to 6 open spots, well....damn! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

The 54 sounds like the same number that Joyce spoke of last week...except that was for # of offers sent out. She said that only 38 had paid deposits at that point. So I wonder if every one of the remaining 54 paid between then and now, or if that's what Dakota meant by 54? I hope it's the latter, because if it's really down to 6 open spots, well....damn! :luck:

yeah not sure if its 54 paid deposits or 54 offers. i guess i should have clarified that with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok..whew...I think, then, that it is probably the 54 offers. Last week 38 had paid. I can't imagine every single remaining 16 have accepted and paid, so there are probably more than just 6 seats left. Let's hope there's at least enough for us neurotic sdn'ers to all get offers!

Yeah, that would be awesome!!!!

I am giving myself ulcers looking at this thread every day. I wish they could tell us where we are on the list.:(

did anyone who got into zona this year, not get in last year and had to reapply? if so did you interview both times, did they ask you what you have been doing? did anyone experience this? it looks like i might have to reapply, but at least i had an interview this year, but i guess there is still time.

did anyone who got into zona this year, not get in last year and had to reapply? if so did you interview both times, did they ask you what you have been doing? did anyone experience this? it looks like i might have to reapply, but at least i had an interview this year, but i guess there is still time.

What do you mean you might have to reapply. Did they reject you?

Hey anyone get accpeted to ASDOH after the middle of Janruary? If Someone knows the date that they will be sending out more acceptances please let us know! I am sooo wanting in! Peace! :eek:

Just received a letter of acceptance from ASDOH!!!!! Pretty pumped about it and excited to get down there where it's warm!!! I never thought I had a chance there since i'm from little 'ol s.d.

Just received a letter of acceptance from ASDOH!!!!! Pretty pumped about it and excited to get down there where it's warm!!! I never thought I had a chance there since i'm from little 'ol s.d.

You interviewed 3 days ago and you already got a letter!!! Congrats!!! There's one less spot for the rest of us who are waiting. Did they call you too?

Members don't see this ad :)
You interviewed 3 days ago and you already got a letter!!! Congrats!!! There's one less spot for the rest of us who are waiting. Did they call you too?

Thanks! in response to your question, i did not receive a phone call from them.

Congrats Dakota Dentist! They must have really loved you if you heard after only 3 days!! Thats amazing. Congrats & Enjoy ASDOH... I interviewed on Tuesday and I thought it was fabulous!!

Congrats Dakota!!!! I'm super happy for you!!!

:) Congrats DakotaDentist!! I've been holding on to my offer for almost a month now so I'm finally sending in my deposit... would that make it 20 seats left? I'd like to know since I'm really really hoping that a friend of mine make it in to this class...

Congrats Dakota!
I wonder if they met today for the next round of acceptances? Anyone receive a call? :eek:

Thanks everyone! I hope you all hear some good news as well soon!

I think it's pretty clear who has been accepted (and congrats to all of you...you deserve it) but who is still waiting? I am still waiting so I just wanted to know who is suffering along with me.

One more spot open for AZ :) (for those waiting)... I was about to send in my deposit today, decided to check the mail, and my UPenn acceptance was waiting for me (my 1st choice school)... ASDOH is a wonderful school (I'm just choosing Penn because of geography, otherwise, it'd be ASDOH all the way!) and I wish you guys the best of luck!!!

One more spot open for AZ :) (for those waiting)... I was about to send in my deposit today, decided to check the mail, and my UPenn acceptance was waiting for me (my 1st choice school)... ASDOH is a wonderful school (I'm just choosing Penn because of geography, otherwise, it'd be ASDOH all the way!) and I wish you guys the best of luck!!!

Thank you...and good luck at UPenn.

Is anyone planning on calling the school again next week for a new update? I was going to, but then I received a call this past week...when I saw the caller ID I almost passed out...The call wasn't for an acceptance, but rather to ask me if I am still interested because they are reviewing people that don't have offers yet. I still don't know what to make of the call, but it was nice to hear from Dr. Polk anyway...you can't help but like him! :luck:

What day did you receive that call on? Just curious as to when they were meeting to make decisions.

I just received an interview invitation for mon Feb 19th, and the email mentioned a writing exercise? Does anyone have any info on that? Thanks

ctdent, that is awsome did anyone else get this, should i call and tell them i have not been accepted yet, haha jk

they are reviewing people that don't have offers yet. :

What does this mean exactly? I thought they would be reviewing the "top group". I hope they will still consider me even though I got in somewhere else. That is kinda out of my control at this point. I hope we all hear something next week.

What does this mean exactly? I thought they would be reviewing the "top group". I hope they will still consider me even though I got in somewhere else. That is kinda out of my control at this point. I hope we all hear something next week.

I think they meant that they were updating files on people who haven't received offers (from them) in the "top group". Although if no one else in the top group received a call like this, then I don't know what to make of it. Could they have thought I wasn't interested anymore for some reason, and just were checking? I don't know why though, because I had just had a conversation with Joyce about a week earlier...hmm...:luck:

I think any contact they made with you is definitely a positive thing and very encouraging.

I agree! If they called you, that means they like you! : )

Interviews today, and I think tomorrow? But I would assume after Tuesday the adcom will be meeting again this week to finalize another round of offers. If anyone has more specific info on the day, etc...please post. God I hope I'm one of them! :eek:

Has anyone from the Jan. 8th interview received a letter of acceptance yet or rejection?

Has anyone from the Jan. 8th interview received a letter of acceptance yet or rejection?

I got accepted from that group. Ill be sending in my deposit tomorrow. Ill also be withdrawing from USC, UNLV, and a couple others.

I spoke with Dr. Polk this morning (actually, I was getting a filling so he spoke to me), and he mentioned that they called 2 people with offers this morning, and that there are still spots open.

Good luck to all!

The story is this, the most recent group to receive acceptances have until Feb 1st (postmarked) to send in their deposits and accept their seat. The days it takes to receive those deposits in the mail and count the number of seats yet to be filled will determine the day the admins end up sitting down to discuss the final round of acceptances. Since Feb 1st is a Thursday, the porcess will probably carry over into the beginning of next week, which technically is considered the 2nd week of Feb. That is what Joyce is talking about when she says the 2nd week of Feb. I hope this helps

Hmm...If two offers were made yesterday, I wonder if that is it for Feb.? Anyone else receive or hear anything...if not, would the next offers come in March, or on a weekly basis at this point?

I spoke with Dr. Polk this morning (actually, I was getting a filling so he spoke to me), and he mentioned that they called 2 people with offers this morning, and that there are still spots open.

Gavin: Was Dr. Polk the operator who did your restoration (as your post seems to imply)? I thought he was disabled so he couldn't do dentistry.

It is my understanding that part of Dr. Polk's job is to tell Arizona dentists how ill-informed and mean-spirited they are and what a tremendous shortage of dentists we have in our state.

Is it not true that the administrative self-rightous "gods" at ASDOH know lots more about dentistry than those of us who actually put our fingers in patient's mouths to make a living?:rolleyes:

Good luck ASDOH applicants

AZ2thDoc, I do not know you or your ambitions here...but I do know that this probably wasn't the appropriate place to voice any personal vandetta you may hold with ASDOH or its faculty. This is, after all, the "pre-dental" forum, and from the sounds of it, you are an "established" dentist in AZ? Actually, posting here for the sole purpose of grand-standing to applicants rather than pm'ing Gavin directly, or posting on the appropriate "dental" forum, reveals much about certain inadequacies you may feel when compared to people such as Dr. Polk. I've only had the pleasure of two conversations with him (so far), and just from those, I am certain he is much more modest than your post makes you sound. Although, none of that is important at this point, because after all, this is a "pre-dental" post on applicant status at ASDOH. So, I kindly ask you to voice your personal issues elsewhere. Thank you. :)

AZ2thDoc is a failed Arizona dentist that doesn't have anything better to do. Cut him some slack he has yet to make a six figure income as a dentist, when a friend of mine did so his first year out of dental school in Arizona as an associate.

If only 2 offers were made does that mean that the class is full?

OMG! This is bad news :mad: *slaps forehead* Sounds like the class is already full, or NEAR full capacity.

Good luck to all!

Gavin posted this the other day...So I'm sure there are still spots open, probably not that many though...It's getting down to the wire :eek: .

If they are interviewing through Feb., as I have heard that's what they're doing, then there will still be spots available. When I was there for my interview they said they would never interview someone for the waiting list. So, as long as they are interviewing people, there will be spots available. Good luck to everyone!

There are still spots available. Interviewing may even make it a week into March, and as long as they are still interviewing there are still spots available.
Best of luck to you all

There are still spots available. Interviewing may even make it a week into March, and as long as they are still interviewing there are still spots available.
Best of luck to you all

Do you, by any chance, know how many spots are still available and how many people are in the "top group?"

Was today a good day for anyone? :eek: