Asking for advice about my application, Late Step 1 result!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qahasan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all who can help,

It might be a rare case where I delay my Step 1 exam, but this is my situation.

I am an IMG, graduate of 2015, done step 2 ck and cs and passed 1st attempt, and had some problems that made me delay taking step 1 till the 27th of august,
my step 2 ck score is high, I have teaching experience at medical school and at pharmacy school, working experience as a house officer, one publication, 4 LOR only one from a doctor who used to supervise me at home university but now is working in the US.
I do not have a USCE.

I realize that it is a tough situation, but what are my chances for the match 2019? and I expect my Step 1 score to be released on the 19th, Sep. So, what is your advice? Shall I proceed in my application? submit it on the 15th? or it is just nonsense to apply as there is no hope!

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How high is your high score on CK?

My initial reaction is hold off until next year, not because of the step 1 score but because you have no USCE. You might have a chance if you have a truly rockstar step 1 and 2 scores, but without USCE I think the safest approach would be to wait a year. You'll be more likely to match at a better program.