You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge 2020 Medicine
Started by ParasolPine
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dr.dvj
New Member
I received it this morning around 7 amCongrats! When did you get your acceptance for RCSI?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say RCSI ranks highest among Irish medical schools. It is just more expensive than the others.Long time lurker,
Just got accepted to RCSI GEM dublin, but I'm still waiting on UCC, UCD, and Limrick.
Any thoughts or opinions on the other schools? Should I wait to hear back ?
Hello,
Congratulations on all who have received acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting. I am a Canadian student completing my second year at the University of Limerick (GEM). Let me know if you have any questions specific to UL or the AB applications.
Cheers!
Congratulations on all who have received acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting. I am a Canadian student completing my second year at the University of Limerick (GEM). Let me know if you have any questions specific to UL or the AB applications.
Cheers!
Hello! I’m a Canadian high school applicant. How about you?
Hello! Sorry for the interruption, but would you be willing to share your stats? I am a high school student in Grade 11 from Ontario and I haven’t been able to contact Canadian high school students to learn more about the feasibility of the application process. It would be awesome to hear back from you!
I am a Grade 12 Student in a Canadian High School and have just recently applied to the 2020 Atlantic Bridge Medicine 6 year program
My average is 92.3% for 6 courses, does anyone know which courses they pick? if you have two maths which one do they use for example?
What was your average, courses and how long did it take for you to get an interview and acceptance
Hi, I’m a grade 11 student taking IB courses in Ontario and since our marks are cumulative for two years, I have around a 93.5% for my top 6. I have many ECs, leadership positions, and medicine-related experience (I.e. Conferences, etc.). Would it be possible for me to get accepted?
I think so, as an Ontario Highschool student, I have not been able to send my transcript yet since updated marks come out around Feb 12 which is after exams. Interviews are probably going to roll out from this point till the end of February based on my research.
Hi! Would you be able to share your stats and status of your application? I am a grade 11 student from Ontario planing to apply in the next cycle. It would be great to get a general understanding of how high school students can get accepted. Thank you!
MedHope2019
New Member
Unfortunately I will be declining my offer from NUIG for the 5 year program. I am not able to secure enough funds to cover tuition and living expenses. 🙁 I hope the offer will go to someone who has been patiently waiting for an answer. Best of luck to all ! 🙂
The prime -0.25% loan is for attending physicians. I had my LOC through RBC all through med school and residency and only when I recently graduated residency and started making attending money did they give me the better rate.Would anyone confirm that they actually got a loan for prime minus 0.25% from any bank?
Long time lurker,
Just got accepted to RCSI GEM dublin, but I'm still waiting on UCC, UCD, and Limrick.
Any thoughts or opinions on the other schools? Should I wait to hear back ?
RCSI, UCD and Limrick all at the top in Ireland for match rates. UCC a little lower. I went to UCD GEP, husband to RCSI GEP. Those in our class who worked hard, completed their exams and got their ducks in a row to apply to US and Canadian residencies did just fine at both schools.
Imanbeckles
New Member
Anyone know if TCD sent out all acceptances yet? If I was rejected would I know by now?
Not true. They have a medical and dental student line of credit at prime + x%.RBC's medical student line of credit is only for Canadian medical schools.
Their medical and dental LoC is always at prime-0.25% no? They have changed their policy in recent years I believe. Those with prime +x% are professional line of credit and are only 150k max.Not true. They have a medical and dental student line of credit at prime + x%.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is true! the prime- 0.25% is for students enrolled in Canadian schools only, (most banks). It used to be the case that same rate applied regardless if you study medicine in Canada or not; Not anymore, CIBC for example changed to prime + 1.0 % in the last year for students going abroad. BMO and RBC are also on the same trend (a bit different in the process, maximum, rate). I contacted most banks recently. Hope that helps.Their medical and dental LoC is always at prime-0.25% no? They have changed their policy in recent years I believe. Those with prime +x% are professional line of credit and are only 150k max.
BMO gave me prime - 0.25% in the last conversation (was in Feb or March). The other banks are all in the pluses.It is true! the prime- 0.25% is for students enrolled in Canadian schools only, (most banks). It used to be the case that same rate applied regardless if you study medicine in Canada or not; Not anymore, CIBC for example changed to prime + 1.0 % in the last year for students going abroad. BMO and RBC are also on the same trend (a bit different in the process, maximum, rate). I contacted most banks recently. Hope that helps.
Anyone know if TCD sent out all acceptances yet? If I was rejected would I know by now?
I'm not sure yet. Waiting on TCD and NUIG rn. Last year I think people got rejected up until August 🙁 I've emailed my admissions officer and all she said was that my application is still active under the two schools. I interviewed for Bahrain and idk if that makes other schools hesitant?
Yes, they told me that too., and then they changed it about 10 days ago, even changed on their website now, prime + 1.75%BMO gave me prime - 0.25% in the last conversation (was in Feb or March). The other banks are all in the pluses.
i don't see it from their website. where do you see it?Yes, they told me that too., and then they changed it about 10 days ago, even changed on their website now, prime + 1.75%
It is under "professional student line of credit", now back to prime plus 1% !!i don't see it from their website. where do you see it?
Professional Student Line of Credit - BMO Canada
Pursue your studies in accounting, law, and more. A BMO Professional Student Line of Credit helps cover costs while you take your education to the next level.
By the way, only TD gives prime- 0.25%, they still give the same rate regardless if studying is in Canada or abroad. However, they ask that the grantor has lots of assets (I am not sure if grantor has to be their customer too?)
You are correct!i don't see it from their website. where do you see it?
Medical or Dental Student Line of Credit - BMO Canada
Designed with medical & dental programs in mind, a BMO Medical or Dental Student Line of Credit features enhanced limits so you can focus on your studies.
So the agent I talked to only looked for the professional student line of credit, and not the specific one for medicine.
Good to clarify, in case others reading these posts🙂
TD didnt give me minuses, they said plus something but couldnt get the exact numberIt is under "professional student line of credit", now back to prime plus 1% !!
Professional Student Line of Credit - BMO Canada
Pursue your studies in accounting, law, and more. A BMO Professional Student Line of Credit helps cover costs while you take your education to the next level.www.bmo.com
By the way, only TD gives prime- 0.25%, they still give the same rate regardless if studying is in Canada or abroad. However, they ask that the grantor has lots of assets (I am not sure if grantor has to be their customer too?)
Unfortunate to hear about TD discrepancy! I am pretty sure they provide prime - 0.25%, up to 350,00. Maybe the applicant (or the grantor) have to be a customer already and at good terms with them!TD didnt give me minuses, they said plus something but couldnt get the exact number
Happy for you that BMO has the lower rates.
Nope, nothing.Hey guys,
Has anyone heard from any schools this week so far?
I got an interview and an acceptance last week from UCD and an interview invite this week from RCSI. Hope this helps!Hey guys,
Has anyone heard from any schools this week so far?
I got an interview and an acceptance last week from UCD and an interview invite this week from RCSI. Hope this helps!
Congratulations! That’s amazing would you mind sharing your stats with me, through messenger is fine too! I’m just trying to see where I stand
yeah, for sure! 3.95 GPA and 509 MCATCongratulations! That’s amazing would you mind sharing your stats with me, through messenger is fine too! I’m just trying to see where I stand
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
forget about RBC
Yeeeep, looks like it's only CIBC and BMO. $350,000 @ 2.25%, must have a guarantor though.
Congratulations! That’s amazing would you mind sharing your stats with me, through messenger is fine too! I’m just trying to see where I stand
I got an interview and an acceptance last week from UCD and an interview invite this week from RCSI. Hope this helps!
Congratulations ! Is the RCSI interview on Zoom. I am hoping to get a second round interview.
Thanks! I actually withdrew my application from RCSI before the interview. In the invite email it said it was to be done using video conferencing system but nothing specific. The one with UCD was via skype tho. Best of luck to you!!Congratulations ! Is the RCSI interview on Zoom. I am hoping to get a second round interview.
Thanks! I actually withdrew my application from RCSI before the interview. In the invite email it said it was to be done using video conferencing system but nothing specific. The one with UCD was via skype tho. Best of luck to you!!
Thank you and wish you all the best in your career.
Hi, when was RCSI having its interviewThank you and wish you all the best in your career.
Hi , what dates was RCSI scheduling the interview, was wondering if they would be still sending out interview lettersThanks! I actually withdrew my application from RCSI before the interview. In the invite email it said it was to be done using video conferencing system but nothing specific. The one with UCD was via skype tho. Best of luck to you!!
They had me scheduled for last Wednesday. I’m not sure if that was the only date or not but they set up the time for the interview.Hi , what dates was RCSI scheduling the interview, was wondering if they would be still sending out interview letters
ThanksThey had me scheduled for last Wednesday. I’m not sure if that was the only date or not but they set up the time for the interview.
Dr. RL
New Member
Anyone certain about if Irish medical schools are going to hold classes on campus? Are upper years told to return?
NUIG has informed students that we will be doing both online and in-class lectures for AT LEAST the first semester. This is done to accommodate students who may not be able to travel to Ireland due to COVID.
They have online lectures for the first semester even including the anatomy labs and such? Did they shuffle the curriculum components around to accommodate the online learning? Would you be able to copy-paste the school's exact words on how they are going to do this? I am assuming this would be uniform or at least similar across Irish schools.NUIG has informed students that we will be doing both online and in-class lectures for AT LEAST the first semester. This is done to accommodate students who may not be able to travel to Ireland due to COVID.
Last edited:
Dr. RL
New Member
As far as we've been told there has been no change to the curriculum components. Our final schedule is going to be submitted in August I believe. I will refer you to this page. Just to be safe, I would not assume that all schools will follow the same approach, and wait to hear back from specific schools.They have online lectures for the first semester even including the anatomy labs and such? Did they shuffle the curriculum components around to accommodate the online learning? Would you be able to copy-paste the school's exact words on how they are going to do this? I am assuming this would be uniform or at least similar across Irish schools.
Prospective Students - NUI Galway
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, everyone! I have a question and was hoping that someone may have insight. I want to apply to TCD when the application opens later this year. However, I would not be able to start the program until 2022 as I am currently obtaining my Master of Public Health degree. I was wanting to defer a year but I am not sure if this would be possible. I was hoping to get someone's opinion on whether I should apply this cycle or during next year's cycle. Thanks!
I don't know if this would still apply with the extenuating COVID-19 situation.
Dr. RL
New Member
I've received offers from both, and accepted the NUIG offer.Hey guys, just wondering how many of you have received offers from NUIG or TCD recently? Are you thinking about accepting?